Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

just slammed my srt6 to the ground with bags!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: just slammed my srt6 to the ground with bags!

dude your the man ...as im looking at it. it seems that theres a plate welded on the bottom and the top for mounts ...wonder if theres a bolton direction to go with this ... whats the low down on the setup i know i ask to many ?s but im very interested in this type of setup seeing ill have this car for awhile

eric

Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by welder7018
dude your the man ...as im looking at it. it seems that theres a plate welded on the bottom and the top for mounts ...wonder if theres a bolton direction to go with this ... whats the low down on the setup i know i ask to many ?s but im very interested in this type of setup seeing ill have this car for awhile

eric
here is how the setup works.

in the front, there is a bolt in upper bracket "cup" with a thick cap that the bolt goes through along with the airline. you will see that the upper bag plate has a flat spot for shock clearance. on the lower front control arm, a plate is welded in place. its very simple.

the rear is even more simple. the upper cup just slides into the coil pocket. dont worry, it stays there. the lower bracket is just another plate welded to the control arm.

before i wanted to put these brackets on the market, i wanted to make sure that everything was right. after 4 years and 47,000 miles there is not 1 thing i would change about the design. one thing is, you have to run re5 slam specialties bags. they are the perfect size for bagging these cars.

Last edited by suicidedoors.com; 06-21-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:04 PM

i know this isnt a truck forum, but id like to show you guys some of the stuff we build.

this is a front and rear kit for 63-72 chevy c10 trucks. we manufacture the control arms, front crossmember, and the whole rear kit.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:09 PM

here is our latest kit for the s10 truck. its a complete rear bolt in frame clip with a cantilever lift system.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:12 PM

yeah you guys build some quality stuff there...so your thinink about putting the brackets on the market thats cool...i was just thinkiing of a bolt on style way for the lower braket incase i have to put it back to stock you know...mabye on the botom contol arm dril some holes in th plate or put a plate on the bottom of the control arm and kina sandwich it together...thats how the bags on my chevelle worked if i remeber correct

eric

Old 06-21-2009, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by welder7018
yeah you guys build some quality stuff there...so your thinink about putting the brackets on the market thats cool...i was just thinkiing of a bolt on style way for the lower braket incase i have to put it back to stock you know...mabye on the botom contol arm dril some holes in th plate or put a plate on the bottom of the control arm and kina sandwich it together...thats how the bags on my chevelle worked if i remeber correct

eric

it wouldnt take no time to remove the lower brackets with a cut off disk if you were to put it back to stock.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful fabwork!

Have you ever thought about fabbing some custom control arms that don't put the ball joints at such an extreme angle?

Old 06-22-2009, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Beautiful fabwork!

Have you ever thought about fabbing some custom control arms that don't put the ball joints at such an extreme angle?
i think about it all the time man. getting control arms into production takes alot of time and alot of loot up front.

does anyone make aftermarket tubular arms for the crossfires right now?