Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

TVT Design Rear Camber Arms

Old 04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: TVT Design Rear Camber Arms

theres a member who has a similar design on his car. the issue he has is the aftermarkets arent curved loke the oem units and his bars are hitting the sway bar. or viseversa. i havent driven mine since the install so i cant say these will hit but the design is very similar

Old 04-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is sitting in the shop. Eibach springs and TVT rear camber arms went in yesterday and the alilgnment was done today. My mechanic ran out of time to finish everything up (other work was done also), so "hopefully" (fingers crossed), I can pick it up tomorrow. I'll report back with "seat-of-the-pants" results...if I can notice anything at all, 'cause sometimes I'm like that.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the Eibach's, Koni's and another company's straight upper adjustable camber arms. I had contact between the roll bar and the camber arms and also with the roll bar and frame. I think when the camber arm made contact with the roll bar it also forced it into the frame at another point. I say this because lots of people have the Eibach's with no interference which leads me to believe the problem was caused by the camber arms. I replaced my camber arms for the stock ones and now I have no problems, just lots of negative camber. Try to have the shop doing the instal move the rear suspension through the entire range of motion to verify if your camber arms will contact the roll bar of not. My aftermarket camber arms are a lot thicker than TVT's so you may not have a problem. Heres a picture of where the worst contact was. You can see the mark on the blue camber arm.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...e-img_0353.jpg

Les

Old 04-08-2010, 11:12 AM

I've never had any issues

Last edited by smpshady; 11-17-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I have the Eibach's, Koni's and another company's straight upper adjustable camber arms. I had contact between the roll bar and the camber arms and also with the roll bar and frame. I think when the camber arm made contact with the roll bar it also forced it into the frame at another point. I say this because lots of people have the Eibach's with no interference which leads me to believe the problem was caused by the camber arms. I replaced my camber arms for the stock ones and now I have no problems, just lots of negative camber. Try to have the shop doing the instal move the rear suspension through the entire range of motion to verify if your camber arms will contact the roll bar of not. My aftermarket camber arms are a lot thicker than TVT's so you may not have a problem. Heres a picture of where the worst contact was. You can see the mark on the blue camber arm.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...e-img_0353.jpg

Les
I have one of the first sets on my SRT and there is 0 contact. I made sure they triple checked cause I was thinking the same thing. So far so good.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:34 AM

well my setup didnt work for squat! b&g springs with konis' and # 4 pads in front #1 pads in back. so far i have bent all 4 lips on the inside and rubbed on all 4 corners! major sucks. pulling it apart to reinstall the eibachs and see if leaving the konis and the smaller pads will drop enough to look decent without killing the car

Old 04-10-2010, 11:53 AM

Do you have the stock rims and tire sizes? The koni's don't affect the drop so your safe with them no matter what. I'm real close on the inside of the fender lip in the front but only because I use a 10 mm spacer and larger tire than stock. I hope you get it solved to your satisfaction.

Les

Old 04-10-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Do you have the stock rims and tire sizes? The koni's don't affect the drop so your safe with them no matter what. I'm real close on the inside of the fender lip in the front but only because I use a 10 mm spacer and larger tire than stock. I hope you get it solved to your satisfaction.

Les
no. stock on the 32 is 240/45-17 and im running 255/35-18. the konis are still moving at the top of the shock in the rears cant figure out why for the life of me.
my plan is to run the lowest pads i have (1 in the rear 2 in the front ) with my oem eibachs and the konis.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Strange about the rear shocks moving. I tighten the shocks after the weight of the car is on the wheels. Could it have something to do with the camber arms?

Perhaps when the tires wear out you could reinstall the B&G's with a 245 instead of a 255. Take measurements before you undo the install so you know what's possible in the future. On the crossfire a 235 is the widest I could fit, and it's real tight. On the back we have lots of room. Some people have a 305 on the back! I'm running with a 265/35/19 in the rear (4mm taller than stock, stock is 255/35/19) and I had a little rubbing on the inside of the wheel well with the dot 1 pad. That's one of the reasons I put a dot 3 in the rear. With non stock wheel sizes it's going to be trial and error. (I feel the same way you do about having to use Eibach's, BLAH!)

Les

Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 AM

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on some Vogtland lowering springs (part - 952070-1) and KYB shocks. The website says it's a drop of 1.2in. My plan is to run 5 dot spring pads in the front and 1's in the back. I also have stock wheels and tires as of now (maybe a plus one in the future).

My question is will there be enough swaybar clearance with TVT's chamber arms? Some have you guys have had "issues" and I'd hate to buy/install the whole package just to find out it will not work.

I know Lantana is running the same setup but with a K-Mac rear chamber kit and smaller rear wheels and tires. Anyone out there with a similar setup, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks - H82BL8

Old 04-16-2010, 11:37 AM

I emailed TVT yesterday and asked for what pad combo he would recommend with Vogtland springs, here's his reply if anyone is interested in a similar setup:

"We had a customer come in with the Vogtland springs and we did a camber arm install on them. He was also running the lowest pads I the rear at the time. There were zero issues with contact, but I don't recommend running the lowest pads due to suspension bind. The Vogtlands sit low, real low. I'd go 2 in the rear and 5 in the front".

Old 07-17-2010, 09:12 PM

Just a heads up to all the Crossfire owners, we are doing a GB with the Mercedes guys for 195.00 shipped.

If you want some arms, now if the time to get them.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:31 PM

You cant' beat the price. I already have speedybenz's camber arms so I'm all set, but at a higher price. Good luck with the sale.

Les

Old 07-17-2010, 10:41 PM

my question is just how much adjustment range do they have

Old 07-17-2010, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Infinite
my question is just how much adjustment range do they have
+/- 5 degrees, but the stock suspension will only allow about 3 degrees.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:08 PM

3 spots left in the GB!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vinnie@tvt
3 spots left in the GB!
I ordered my Eibachs! and all I need are the camber arms. I guess they are the same as on the TVT website..Right???

Please tell me there is a spot open^^

Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Germany
I ordered my Eibachs! and all I need are the camber arms. I guess they are the same as on the TVT website..Right???

Please tell me there is a spot open^^
Just PMed you.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the TVT camber arms, Koni shocks & Eibach pro springs on the Aero. I just took it for a trip to Wyoming last week....2500 miles... cruising about 82mph through ID, UT, WY and CO. I found a few surprise low spots and bridge joints that were pretty harsh and felt like I bottomed out... the suspension feels stiffer with this setup than with the factory setup in the SSB...(or maybe its softer and dosent absorb the bumps as well)... I got under the back this afternoon and checked to see if I had hit the body with the new camber arms.... could not find a mark....

I did find a small dent in the edge of the drivers front wheel from one of those bumps...

Old 07-29-2010, 01:41 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeR
I have the TVT camber arms, Koni shocks & Eibach pro springs on the Aero. I just took it for a trip to Wyoming last week....2500 miles... cruising about 82mph through ID, UT, WY and CO. I found a few surprise low spots and bridge joints that were pretty harsh and felt like I bottomed out... the suspension feels stiffer with this setup than with the factory setup in the SSB...(or maybe its softer and dosent absorb the bumps as well)... I got under the back this afternoon and checked to see if I had hit the body with the new camber arms.... could not find a mark....

I did find a small dent in the edge of the drivers front wheel from one of those bumps...
Did you get a four wheel alignmnet before the trip?

If so, do you know the before and after? When you first installed them, did you try and eyeball the camber?

Quick Reply: TVT Design Rear Camber Arms