Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

New to crossfires...question

Old 09-03-2009 | 02:22 PM
Default New to crossfires...question

So Im hopefully picking up my 2004 Crosefire coupe tomorow.

I have a set of Stern ST-11 rims off of my cobalt. Im told the bolt pattern is 5x112...(the same as my cobalt). Is this true?

I've also been told that the rear wheels are normally bigger than the back...ie 19" in the back 18" in the front. is this true?

Bottom line is will my 18x8.5 Wheels (5x112 bolt pattern) fit on my new crossfire?

Old 09-03-2009 | 02:47 PM
Default Re: New to crossfires..question

Originally Posted by cam-g
So Im hopefully picking up my 2004 Crosefire coupe tomorow.

I have a set of Stern ST-11 rims off of my cobalt. Im told the bolt pattern is 5x112...(the same as my cobalt). Is this true?

I've also been told that the rear wheels are normally bigger than the back...ie 19" in the back 18" in the front. is this true?

Bottom line is will my 18x8.5 Wheels (5x112 bolt pattern) fit on my new crossfire?
Bottom line is....yes, with a little massaging. The biggest thing you need to look into is the offset of the ST-11. If they are 5x112 bolt pattern then they will fit as long as the offset is account for...stock crossfire offset is 35 in the front and 22 in the rear.

hmm...this may be a good place for me to go look and find some 16" cobalt rims to use as drag rims... hahahaha.

Old 09-03-2009 | 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Bottom line is....yes, with a little massaging. The biggest thing you need to look into is the offset of the ST-11. If they are 5x112 bolt pattern then they will fit as long as the offset is account for...stock crossfire offset is 35 in the front and 22 in the rear.

hmm...this may be a good place for me to go look and find some 16" cobalt rims to use as drag rims... hahahaha.
Oh ok. Im a little ignorant in the term offset. is that refering to whether or not it will clear the caliper or not?

Old 09-03-2009 | 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by cam-g
Oh ok. Im a little ignorant in the term offset. is that refering to whether or not it will clear the caliper or not?
ok ok, i just did some checking on cobalt rims because it would be nice to pick up some cheap 16/17 drag rims.

it turns out that cobalt SS bolt pattern is 5x110 not 5x112

other low end cobalts are 4x lug patterns.

therfore your ST-11s will not fit on the crossfire. sorry.

Old 09-03-2009 | 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
ok ok, i just did some checking on cobalt rims because it would be nice to pick up some cheap 16/17 drag rims.

it turns out that cobalt SS bolt pattern is 5x110 not 5x112

other low end cobalts are 4x lug patterns.

therfore your ST-11s will not fit on the crossfire. sorry.
Oh geez...thats right. I cant beleive I forgot that. haha. well thanks for your help!