U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Halfords Bulb code for rear brake / rear light

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halfords Bulb code for rear brake / rear light

The bulb out warning on my dash has come on and my rear driver's side bulb is out (the combined brake light one). Went to Halfords but couldn't see anything like the reference number from the manual (P21/SW). However I looked at their flip chart and bought what it said there but this ended up being totally the wrong sort (not even a bayonet fitting). I returned to Halfords with the blown bulb and asked them to find me one of these but I have also tried this one (Halfords code 380) and this doesn't seem right either. With the head lights on it is showing a really bright light (the same brightness as when the brakes are on).

I have just looked on the halfords web site and they list every possible bulb for the car apart from the rear brake / headlight bulb.

Does anyone know what the correct Halfords code is for this???

Old 01-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Halfords Bulb code for rear brake / rear light

A 1157 or 7528 bulb will be the same as a P21/5W.

Last edited by robby363; 01-12-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Berkshire_Crossfire
The bulb out warning on my dash has come on and my rear driver's side bulb is out (the combined brake light one). Went to Halfords but couldn't see anything like the reference number from the manual (P21/SW). However I looked at their flip chart and bought what it said there but this ended up being totally the wrong sort (not even a bayonet fitting). I returned to Halfords with the blown bulb and asked them to find me one of these but I have also tried this one (Halfords code 380) and this doesn't seem right either. With the head lights on it is showing a really bright light (the same brightness as when the brakes are on).

I have just looked on the halfords web site and they list every possible bulb for the car apart from the rear brake / headlight bulb.

Does anyone know what the correct Halfords code is for this???
I have just bought the quick reaction stop/tail bulbs from halfords ( code 380QR ) and these seem to be alot brighter than standard.I did have trouble getting one to work as it kept popping up a bit in the holder and losing contact with terminal so you might want to check the bulb is seated correctly.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Thumbs up Re: Halfords Bulb code for rear brake / rear light

Is there a master list of what bulbs & codes are needed for these xf's in the uk?....could do with documenting as much info for future use as possible

Last edited by doggboy; 01-12-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:10 PM

All the Crossfire bulbs are bog standard as per any European car (Merc) and can bought anywhere. where bulbs are showing bright it usually means its in the wrong way round and the brighter brake filament is being lit by the side lights being on. Check they are in the right way round and seated properly in the holders.
ps, all the bulbs are listed in the handbook

Old 01-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just paid the kid in halfords the £3.99 to fit it and never asked which it was I'm not bendy enough to make it worth fighting for an hour or more (roadster) to fit new rear bulbs

Old 01-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Received 157 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by muskrat
I just paid the kid in halfords the £3.99 to fit it and never asked which it was I'm not bendy enough to make it worth fighting for an hour or more (roadster) to fit new rear bulbs
Bendy enough ?
You are aware that the tail light bulbs are accessible when you have the top in the up position and the tonneau cover still raised, aren't you ?

NOTE: the pump times out after about 15-20 min and the cover will drop on you .........

Old 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
All the Crossfire bulbs are bog standard as per any European car (Merc) and can bought anywhere. where bulbs are showing bright it usually means its in the wrong way round and the brighter brake filament is being lit by the side lights being on. Check they are in the right way round and seated properly in the holders.
ps, all the bulbs are listed in the handbook

The bulb has a bayonet fitting so I am unsure how it is possible to fit it the wrong way around?? I'm pretty sure the 380 bulb supplied by Halfords is different to the blown one as it is noticeably larger.

Realise the bulbs are listed in the handbook (owners manual) but the code there P21/SW was not one used in Halfords. Any ideas what the Halfords code is?

Interestingly the bulb suggested by the Halfords flipchart for the Crossfire and by every on-line provider is totally the wrong type for my car. Mine has a bayonet fitting, a la a reading lamp, but the one suggested is a push in type:

Bulbs: CHRYSLER-JEEP / CROSSFIRE COUPE / 2004 (04)

Someone must have got a replacement bulb from Halfords and knows the code!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by doggboy
Is there a master list of what bulbs & codes are needed for these xf's in the uk?....could do with documenting as much info for future use as possible
^^^^^^ This.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the bulb they should have given to you. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165538

Last edited by robby363; 01-13-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Bendy enough ?
You are aware that the tail light bulbs are accessible when you have the top in the up position and the tonneau cover still raised, aren't you ?

NOTE: the pump times out after about 15-20 min and the cover will drop on you .........
For £3.99 it can fall on the poor Halfords kid

Old 01-13-2012, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Berkshire_Crossfire
The bulb has a bayonet fitting so I am unsure how it is possible to fit it the wrong way around?? I'm pretty sure the 380 bulb supplied by Halfords is different to the blown one as it is noticeably larger.

Realise the bulbs are listed in the handbook (owners manual) but the code there P21/SW was not one used in Halfords. Any ideas what the Halfords code is?

Interestingly the bulb suggested by the Halfords flipchart for the Crossfire and by every on-line provider is totally the wrong type for my car. Mine has a bayonet fitting, a la a reading lamp, but the one suggested is a push in type:

Bulbs: CHRYSLER-JEEP / CROSSFIRE COUPE / 2004 (04)

Someone must have got a replacement bulb from Halfords and knows the code!!!
Read post 3, the 380 bulb is correct, the 21/5w is not a code it is the wattage of the twin fillament. 21w brake light/5w tail light.