U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

FP traveling from USA to UK

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FP traveling from USA to UK

i'm on the way to fp's hotel now. if anyone needs me contact me on 07794317089

cheers

Steve

Old 08-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We'll get a search party if we don't hear from you in three hours.

Scour the Thames!!

Old 08-31-2008, 02:19 AM
Forum Regular

it is confirmed, my car is broke. Disc pad worn down, scoured the disc and now it is all broken. Warning light never came on, and at last service they said there was plenty of wear left. I am now stuck at home and can't make the meet. Boo Hoo

Paul

Old 08-31-2008, 03:11 AM
Forum Regular

ok need a quick response guys!!

I'm at the crown plaza to pick up fp

can someone please tell me his full name.....

either reply to message or phone me on 00447794317089 state side or here in uk 07794317089

cheers guys

Old 08-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Thumbs up Re: FP traveling from USA to UK

Originally Posted by lissxf
Thanks Steve. Having checked the route, it looks as though it's a bit nearer than I thought so I should be with you around 1:30 or maybe earlier if the traffic is good to me. I'll give you a bell once I'm near or parked.

Cheers.
Well, the traffic wasn't good to me after all and, having left home a half hour earlier than planned, I arrived in Marlow a half hour later than planned...thanks in part to a trashed BMW that left 3 of 4 lanes closed on the M40 approaching J4.

Anyway, it was well worth the trip . Thanks to the Diceman for pulling this together, and to both him and Steve-UK for the drinks today. My round next time guys.

Thanks also to Jon & April for leading the way to Stonor...and for getting us out of there alive . And sorry to Andy and any others for leading you in the wrong direction on the way home (which turned out in fact to be the right direction for me). I was glad to see a petrol station when I hit Reading though! Hope you made it back home ok.

Lastly, and most importantly, it was great to meet FP. Enjoy the rest of your stay and I look forward to the next time.

Cheers all
Chris

P.S. And when I finally did arrive, I counted 11 Crossfires...which I think is a UK record?

Last edited by lissxf; 08-31-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Forum Regular

So what did that woman want? She had a go at me for the photography and wanted to know who was in charge. It seems that others placated her.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:22 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

To all my UK friends; What a great reception, and what an honor. It was my pleasure to meet all of you today. Ken thanks for the round of drinks, and for arranging this GTG, Steve thanks for collecting me from the hotel and for lunch, and stevieb for the ride back, well thank you ALL . The drive through the country was awesome. I'm sure the pics will turn out great. I did not bring my camera cable to load the pictures I took, but as soon as I get home I will share them with you.

Again, I enjoyed the time I spent with you, and thanks for the gift. I will post of pic of it soon. I think I'm going to hit the sack soon. I'm a bit tired now. Oh, don't forget to think of being part of XFi, Crossfire International Car Club.

Cheers,

Last edited by FP; 08-31-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
To all my UK friends; What a great reception, and what an honor. It was my pleasure to meet all of you today. Ken thanks for the round of drinks, and for arranging this GTG, Steve thanks for collecting me from the hotel and for lunch, aand stevieb for the ride back, well thank you ALL . The drive through the country was awesome. I'm sure the pics will turn out great. I did not bring my camera cable to load the pictures I took, but as soon as I get home I will share them with you.

Again, I enjoyed the time I spent with you, and thanks for the gift. I will post of pic of it soon. I think I'm going to hit the sack soon. I'm a bit tired now.

Cheers,
Welcome home, my good man!

I hope you had a few for me.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
FP

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Welcome home, my good man!

I hope you had a few for me.
Thanks Max but I'm not home yet. I just arrived the UK today. I should be back home Friday.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Oops. I should have been able to figure that out without prompting.

Have a great stay, regardless.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Forum Regular

It was a good day - we had 12 Crossfires (if you could the radio controlled one which turned up in the car park in Marlow!).

A good day al round it seems. I’ve never seen that may Crossfires in one location, so it looked very impressive. I’m glad FP enjoyed it. I’ll get my photos out of the camera tomorrow (work permitting).

The weather on the way home was dreadful - the heavens opened, and the visibility on the M40 and M25 dropped to a few feet. The markings on the motorways were practically non existent. We learned later that the part of the M25 we went home on was damaged by the volume of water. It’s down to one lane there now. Must be chaos by now. We managed to get to Amanda’s parents and holed up there to let the weather pass.

Anyway, all part of the fun of driving, and my first outing in such weather with Marlene, who handled well in such poor conditions.

Did anyone photograph the unicyclist?

Old 08-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Forum Regular

Hi All
Great to meet FP (my new Co-Driver), Nice to see so many Xfires in one place , some pictures in my gallery , Another fab Uk meeting cheers Ken-uk/bodyman etc , Lissxf my internal satnav kicked in & i peeled off to pickup the M40 north sometime later .

See you all at the next one

Andy

Old 08-31-2008, 01:18 PM
FP

Originally Posted by ZeroZero
Hi All
Great to meet FP (my new Co-Driver),
Andy
That's right Andy, thanks for driving me around. I hope I didn't miss anyone else. You were all great.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FP
That's right Andy, thanks for driving me around. I hope I didn't miss anyone else. You were all great.
FP for gods sake "GO TO BED!""

Old 08-31-2008, 01:38 PM

It was another great meet today despite the weather! For what started out as an impromptu gathering to meet up with our friend FP I think we had the best turnout so far! As usual thanks to Ken for organising, the drinks and laying on the 'entertainment' in the car park Highlights obviously include meeting FP, watching the look on by standers' faces as a stream of Crossfires passed a chap on a 'Penny Farthing' - not some thing you see everyday, and for the first time ever the...the attendance of the Air Ambulance!

What was the problem at the gate when we left - I thought the woman was taking names and addresses at one point - thanks to Jon who I think managed to smooth things over.

I'll see if I can sort some pics out later.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woody
What was the problem at the gate when we left - I thought the woman was taking names and addresses at one point - thanks to Jon who I think managed to smooth things over.
She said to me “you wouldn't like it if people took photos in your garden”. We were wondering if other people had been taking photos of the air ambulance and thought it was us. I don’t know what she and Jon spoke about.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hairydalek
She said to me “you wouldn't like it if people took photos in your garden”. We were wondering if other people had been taking photos of the air ambulance and thought it was us. I don’t know what she and Jon spoke about.
Seems a bit of a strange thing to say given that they are inviting the public in

Old 08-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

To all,
Thanks for sharing the day through these posts.
It was terrific that you put together the meet for FP and gave him a personal Crossfire tour of your homeland.
I am excited to see everyones photos.
To FP I hope you enjoy your stay in the UK for the remainder of this week and have a safe trip back home.

Valk

Old 08-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Forum Regular

Reading all the posts seems that everyone had a really good time....which makes me even more fed up that I couldn't make it ! Seriously it must have been good meeting FP and the UK guys getting together again. I have now had my car try and stop me going to the second meeting ( my first ) by having a puncture and succesfully stop me going to this one by the brakes failing. Has anyone seen the film "Christine" ........

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

cheers,

Paul

Old 09-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Forum Regular

(Woody said)

Yes Woody, she was on one. She said no one ask permission before using the car park for the photo's, but I told her I did. I asked the man on the gate if it was OK. He said yes, but use the back of the car park. Then she wanted names and telephone numbers of who was in charge which she didn't get. I smoothed things over in the end when I told her we would be back next year to vist the house . Anyway,it was good to see you all again and meet FP. Thanks to Ken for the drinks. Looking forward to seeing your pic's. I will download mine at some stage to see if I have anything different for yours.

Jon/April

Quick Reply: FP traveling from USA to UK