Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Electrical problems, brakes, brights,

Old 06-08-2022, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Electrical problems, brakes, brights,

Hello, I just bought my dream car from highschool back in 2008. 114k mile crossfire. It's the v6, manual, solid body. It has one huge problem, the brake lights, brights, cruise control do not work! When I reset the dash lights by turning the wheel left, right and center for abs and then press the brake pedal, the light comes right back on. I'm thinking replace the entire damn fuse box behind the driver's side door where the light switch control is. Any ideas on where to start?

Old 06-08-2022, 11:21 PM
Default Re: Electrical problems, brakes, brights,

I just bought this great car. I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue I'm having, and trusting others here have some experience with it before I go ***** Billy and buy random things.

Issues are

-no brake lights
-no cruise control
-dash light for esp? the braking system! I reset it by turning the wheel left right and mid, then when i press it it just comes right back on.

I'm thinking buy a whole new fuse module doohickey on the inner driver door.

I checked the fuses everywhere there fine. Unless I missed some somewhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Trying to find info on this site, any good thread with the answer?

Old 06-09-2022, 12:30 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by EonsofDeathsToll
I just bought this great car. I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue I'm having, and trusting others here have some experience with it before I go ***** Billy and buy random things.

Issues are

-no brake lights
-no cruise control
-dash light for esp? the braking system! I reset it by turning the wheel left right and mid, then when i press it it just comes right back on.

I'm thinking buy a whole new fuse module doohickey on the inner driver door.

I checked the fuses everywhere there fine. Unless I missed some somewhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Trying to find info on this site, any good thread with the answer?
Brake lights, cruise control and maybe ESP, sounds like brake switch to me..Others may or may not agree.
It is a cheap part and will not break the bank, just get the correct one.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:55 AM

How do I make sure it's the correct one?

Old 06-09-2022, 10:33 AM
Received 246 Likes on 203 Posts

The Mercedes part number is 001 545 64 09. You can use the search box in the upper right of this website to get more info; Just type in the part number. If you buy electronic parts at Autozone you are asking for trouble.

The following users liked this post:
EonsofDeathsToll (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 04:14 AM

I just purchased and installed brake light switch, middle light now comes on. Bas esp comes on still after reset. All lights have been replaced in the rear. All fuses replaced. Waiting on yellow fuse under hood driver's side to arrive for replacement. Just found a leak in rear differential now. Really don't want to dish out cash at mechanic. Found one who works on Mercedes, 200 a shop hour, my god. I drop it off next week. Hoping this fuse arrives and is the fox though. About to check relay connection at light switch, maybe wiring is loose. Any ideas from here? The 155 dollar inspection fee would cover a new part. SMH.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:20 PM
Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts

I think you have separate problems going on that are not related. The brake lights and no high beams are separate problems from the BAS/ESP lights. Start the car, drive it around, without re-setting anything, take a pic of your dash and post it so all can see what indicator lights are on.

The following users liked this post:
EonsofDeathsToll (06-16-2022)
Old 06-16-2022, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Deepsea21
I think you have separate problems going on that are not related. The brake lights and no high beams are separate problems from the BAS/ESP lights. Start the car, drive it around, without re-setting anything, take a pic of your dash and post it so all can see what indicator lights are on.

Then burnt bulb indicator goes on and off on ride as well. Just replaced giant yellow fuze under hood, driver's left side.
I have a hundred dollar scan tool, only says 02 sensors. Cats are deleted. No other codes are being thrown. I have seen posts regarding a special 0B2 tool to use and not any regular one. I don't know if this is true. Just took off dash again to reinstall the brake light switch. I'm thinking 🤔 ..maybe I should check all these electric connections, I do have a multimeter, but am not familiar with using that well.

Now the right blinker is acting up. Lordy! Sometimes it doesn't work.

Last edited by EonsofDeathsToll; 06-16-2022 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Deepsea21
Here are the abs codes it's throwing inside.

Codes of abs system. Where should I start? I need to fix the break lights first.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:42 AM

So how do you replace the brake light switch, I am trying to get to the brake pedal to replace my switch I am assuming it is in the normal spot above the brake pedal. I cannot figure out how to remove the cover under the dash. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:55 AM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts
Old 11-12-2022, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by skarlet
So how do you replace the brake light switch, I am trying to get to the brake pedal to replace my switch I am assuming it is in the normal spot above the brake pedal. I cannot figure out how to remove the cover under the dash. Any help would be appreciated.
If you go to the "Sticky Key" thread and download the PDF, the first thing it explains is how to get thru the underdash disassembly.

Old 11-12-2022, 11:40 AM

I have gone thru this multiple times and maybe I am missing something, but I do not see anything that helps. People say they have replaced the brake light switch, I just cannot figure how to get to it by the brake pedal. If the information is in this list could you direct me to specifics. rhanks

Old 11-12-2022, 03:52 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skarlet
I have gone thru this multiple times and maybe I am missing something, but I do not see anything that helps. People say they have replaced the brake light switch, I just cannot figure how to get to it by the brake pedal. If the information is in this list could you direct me to specifics. rhanks
Super simple, just remove the screws basically on the bottom driver side panel underneath the steering wheel and remove that shroud. You’ll have the access you need.