Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Extra 2 wire connector by anti-theft tow sensor in trunk

Old 11-07-2021, 01:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extra 2 wire connector by anti-theft tow sensor in trunk

I just had to replace my central locking pump/security system module in trunk due to water damage.
part of the wire harness goes to the anti-theft tow sensor in same area of trunk. The wire harness that goes to the anti-theft sensor has an extra pigtail with a (2 wire connector)
I don't see where or what that connector is supposed to connect to. The wires are about 12" long from anti-theft sensor ? The wires on connector are #1 socket BR/BL #2 socket RD/GY
Has anyone been in that area lately, if so can you tell me what those wires go to if anything, Maybe if our Crossfires are on a SLK frame maybe they use the same wire harness and that
plug goes to something on the SLK'S . Any feedback would be appreciated. thanks

Old 11-07-2021, 07:16 PM
Received 502 Likes on 428 Posts
Default Re: Extra 2 wire connector by anti-theft tow sensor in trunk

Originally Posted by white05conv
I just had to replace my central locking pump/security system module in trunk due to water damage.
part of the wire harness goes to the anti-theft tow sensor in same area of trunk. The wire harness that goes to the anti-theft sensor has an extra pigtail with a (2 wire connector)
I don't see where or what that connector is supposed to connect to. The wires are about 12" long from anti-theft sensor ? The wires on connector are #1 socket BR/BL #2 socket RD/GY
Has anyone been in that area lately, if so can you tell me what those wires go to if anything, Maybe if our Crossfires are on a SLK frame maybe they use the same wire harness and that
plug goes to something on the SLK'S . Any feedback would be appreciated. thanks

Hi, best advice I can give is to download the service manual and check the wiring harnesses that lead to the trunk modules. If they show an additional component within the locations of that harness OR the component locations block diagram/locations show something identifiable, you can then look up that wiring color code. It has been quite a while since I have been below that styrofoam insert below the carpet in the hatch, so I can't guess what else was down there. Good luck!