Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Trying to help . . Need to get car on Trailer

Old 08-14-2020, 05:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Trying to help . . Need to get car on Trailer

I have been looking at a 2005 Roadster that some kid has and he is getting the "no start" deal. He had the RCM fixed when it did this last time but this time his "tech" tells him it looks fine and the tech thinks it needs a new ECM or maybe a starter (rare that they go bad) New Alternator not long ago and new battery last month. I am following a NO Start Thread right now but I told the young lad its time to bring his car to his house and I will buy it regardless. I have bought a new RCM, crank and cam sensors to take with me in hopes of driving it home, I always do. I asked for codes from the shop the the "tech" gave him a few strings of numbers that dont even look like ANYTHING a scanner would produce. I will list them at the bottom. I dont like to see ANYONE be taken advantage of so we are trying to tow the car to his house BUT he does not know how to get it in neutral without the car running. I sold mine and cant remember. .

HOW CAN he get the car (auto) in neural so they can get it on the trailer and the hell out of the BFE shop ? After giving these codes he mentioned the new ECM because for some reason he could not connect to the ECM or TCM and these codes are from the BCM This is simply a "turn key and radio plays/dash lights up but nothing when turned to start. i had him do the test of turning on the key and listen for the fans and they do turn on. I am going to have him

turn the key to "start" and it won't engage the starter, release the key so it goes to the "ON" position.
Wait 30 seconds.
Does the engine fan warp up to high speed (you will hear it)?

But we need the car home , can you help me to inform him how to get it in neutral so they can get it on the trailer? Here are the "codes" ( 1010-09-09, 1011-00 , 1268-00 ) I work on bikes but I dont think these are codes. .This kid needs a new mechanic!

Last edited by VintageBikesUSA; 08-14-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Re: Trying to help . . Need to get car on Trailer

sure. use a pen or screwdriver and depress the little trap door just below the "D" on the gear indicator.

Old 08-15-2020, 04:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I might be mistaken here, but I thought once you turned the key to "RUN" it would unlock the shifter even without the engine running ... I've done this several times with my automatic.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:25 PM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts

Mine won't shift until you press the brake. Of course if it is not running you have to push extra hard.

The following users liked this post:
RL67037 (08-15-2020)