Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

BAS/ ESP Brake light switch.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAS/ ESP Brake light switch.

Firstly hello All, I am new here and have a problem but would also like to help others.. (UK 3.2 standard car)

I have the dreaded BAS/ESP light on, I have read many posts and tried many things including:

Steering Calibration
Reset
codes read (c1160) yaw sensor
replaced Yaw sensor

it seems the many mentions of brake switch, ordered a new one (that doesn't have the same connector so looks wrong) While attempting the change I noticed the exiting switch
has two banks for connectors mine has only one 2 wire plug in one and the other is empty.. is this correct? or am I missing something, I have tried searching schematics for brake light and ABS systems.
and cannot find anything conclusive apart from a pic with two plugs in.. IS this for SRT only??
My brake lights work, but believe this also control ABS

HELP

Many thanks in advance Martin

Old 09-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Received 246 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Re: BAS/ ESP Brake light switch.

Martin read the thread I have linked to. It has pictures of the switch and should help. Brake light switch

The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 10:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the exact same problem. I went to start my 2005 Crossfire roadster abd noticed the key would not turn to start position and that the shifter was locked in park. I also noticed my brake lights do not work. After checking around I noticed a wire hanging down under the dash with the stoplight switch attached. I removed it and noticed that there were two plug slots, and only one plug. I ordered a new one and have it ready to install but am confused about the only one plug. I understand the SRT has only one, but mine is a basic.
I'm hoping that my starting issue will be fixed if I can get the brake lights fixed.
Thanks,

Old 09-09-2023, 04:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2005 roadster and had the same issue. I solved the Brake Light Switch mystery for mine. my dash wiring only has one wire 2wire bundle going into the one plug. The new Switch has two plug slots. I plugged mine in the A (marked at the bottom of new plug opening side. And then noticed that the plug would only go in one side because of the two raised areas on the plug that match up with two channels in switch. I think this is all correct. But I have not checked other issues yet.
you might try this but check other post for conformation.