Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

RCM wiring

Old 01-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCM wiring

I removed the RCM to solder the connections and went back to reinstall it...I had unlatched the tabs that hold the wires in place and need help. Can someone help please???

Old 01-23-2019, 06:35 PM
Received 502 Likes on 428 Posts
Default Re: RCM wiring

Originally Posted by 1951sms
I removed the RCM to solder the connections and went back to reinstall it...I had unlatched the tabs that hold the wires in place and need help. Can someone help please???
Can't help with the wiring BUT make sure you disconnect the battery as some of the wires may be hot wires.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:17 AM

Thank you for your help

Old 01-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you clarify what you are looking for? There are no wires on my (spare) RCM. Are you referring to wires in the vehicle that are soldered to connectors that plug into the RCM?

The connectors that plug into the RCM are all different; they fit only one way - the right way.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:12 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Do you mean you pulled on the wires to remove the plugs from the RCM instead of pulling on the plug itself and the wires pulled out of the plugs?

Old 01-24-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ambidextrous
Can you clarify what you are looking for? There are no wires on my (spare) RCM. Are you referring to wires in the vehicle that are soldered to connectors that plug into the RCM?

The connectors that plug into the RCM are all different; they fit only one way - the right way.
yes, all the connectors are different. The two connectors closest to the front of the car are the ones that are disconnected from their connector.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts

IT sounds like you pulled on the WIRES and not on the CONNECTOR. IV'e never seen a connector fail, so I[m not sure how you proceed.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
IT sounds like you pulled on the WIRES and not on the CONNECTOR. IV'e never seen a connector fail, so I[m not sure how you proceed.
yes I know I did wrong about it. I have been a Auto Tech many years. I don’t think I pulled on the wiring I just think that I never looked at the connections with much thought in mind. If I could just get a good clear photo of the connections I can fix it. I know I could if you or someone were to release the tabs that hold the wires in there it would definitely help. I don’t have any other way to fix it. I’m sorry for being so green but I have Chemo Fog from years of having Multiple Myeloma.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:03 PM

yes I know I did wrong about it. I have been a Auto Tech many years. I don’t think I pulled on the wiring I just think that I never looked at the connections with much thought in mind. If I could just get a good clear photo of the connections I can fix it. I know I could if you or someone were to release the tabs that hold the wires in there it would definitely help. I don’t have any other way to fix it. I’m sorry for being so green but I have Chemo Fog from years of having Multiple Myeloma.
I am not sure what you mean by "release the tabs".

Old 01-24-2019, 04:12 PM

The clips or whatever is used to hold down the cover of the Connector.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:55 PM

The clips or whatever is used to hold down the cover of the Connector.
The RCM plugs just push on, you must have removed some other plugs - Maybe the ECU?

Old 01-24-2019, 05:50 PM

No... there are a series of connectors that push down into RCM ya have to disconnect them to remove the RCM so that you can take it to you work bench to repair the solders that are bad. I removed each one of the connections, I used a plastic lever to disconnect each one. I pried on each one but didn’t do it right. There are little tabs, clips, snaps or whatever you want to call them that keeps the wires inside the connectors, plugs, or whatever you want to call them. Now, that being said, if someone were to remove the cover from the spot that encloses the RCM you would see the RCM sitting there in the spot made for it. Please take a photo or whatever can be done so that I can see the color coded wires clearly. If there’s anything better that you can think of so that I can fix my car please help!

Old 01-24-2019, 05:53 PM

No... there are a series of connectors that push down into RCM ya have to disconnect them to remove the RCM so that you can take it to you work bench to repair the solders that are bad. I removed each one of the connections, I used a plastic lever to disconnect each one. I pried on each one but didn’t do it right. There are little tabs, clips, snaps or whatever you want to call them that keeps the wires inside the connectors, plugs, or whatever you want to call them. Now, that being said, if someone were to remove the cover from the spot that encloses the RCM you would see the RCM sitting there in the spot made for it. Please take a photo or whatever can be done so that I can see the color coded wires clearly. If there’s anything better that you can think of so that I can fix my car please help!
I believe they are called Barbs.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:31 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Old 01-24-2019, 06:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just looked under the hood of my 2005 roadster and think I know what you're referring to. The connectors you're referring to have a gray cap, right? The caps appear to be hinged on the driver's side when they and the RCM are in place. I can probably get a fairly good pic of them tomorrow, but the pic won't accurately show which connector pin each wire goes to the problem is complicated further by the dull colors on the wires.

What will happen if I open the caps on the connectors to accurately show where each wire goes? Will the wires slip out of the connector with little or no force? have to know before I proceed. We have one Crossfire out of commission now, and I don't want mine to be the second one for the same reason.

Last edited by ambidextrous; 01-24-2019 at 06:35 PM. Reason: The usual typos
Old 01-24-2019, 06:36 PM

Yes, that’s the picture from the Forum I bro. If I magnify it it’s to blurry. I’ve tried this yesterday. Can’t find anything better 😩.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:22 PM

Yes, that’s the picture from the Forum I bro. If I magnify it it’s to blurry. I’ve tried this yesterday. Can’t find anything better 😩.
Is it all plugs that need rewiring or just a couple.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:22 PM

just the front one,6 wires I believe

Old 01-24-2019, 08:49 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

This one ?

Old 01-24-2019, 09:08 PM

Hey!!!!! You the Man!! I can’t have any better information!!! Tell me where you went to to find that?

Quick Reply: RCM wiring