Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Old 02-09-2021, 10:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Do you have two forum names, MM208 and Mickey208? Your answers seem to be split between the two forum names.
Well, that's interesting! No, I don't have two accounts that I am aware of. How do I get that other one deleted?

Old 02-09-2021, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Viper-666
That's exactly how the skreem works. So they tell the truth. You can only use one key per slot. It gives 8 slots but I think they used the same soft- hardware I have and this used only the first 4 slots. And slot 1 and 2 are already used from the keys who were delivered with the Crossfire.
Okay, thanks. See, I didn't know about this. It would have been a huge help for me to have spoken to them on the phone. But they don't do that. Technical help has to be by email and the guy is not very explanatory.
So, I wrote and asked what I can do. He said I would need to send ALL of they keys and they would look at it. I asked if I have to pay for a new key and he said again, they will look at it and program to another number if necessary. I wrote again and said he didn't answer my question. He had already told me the key they made could not be reprogrammed. So, that means a new key. He has not answered.
To be quite honest. This has not been a pleasant experience. The guy does not explain things at all. I'm a 64 year old man not a tech savvy 24 year old. He seems to be put out by someone asking questions and I don't like that.

Old 02-09-2021, 11:36 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey208
Well, that's interesting! No, I don't have two accounts that I am aware of. How do I get that other one deleted?
posts 257 & 258 show the same ages and state and both contain 208 in the forum name.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:32 AM

posts 257 & 258 show the same ages and state and both contain 208 in the forum name.
I see that. I wonder if I created an account back when a relative bought a Crossfire. That's been a long time ago and I've slept since then. I apologize for that. Can that account be deleted?

Old 02-10-2021, 10:35 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey208
I see that. I wonder if I created an account back when a relative bought a Crossfire. That's been a long time ago and I've slept since then. I apologize for that. Can that account be deleted?
No apologies required, I just noticed the similarities in the user names. The mods would have erased the last username if they came from the same computer ID.

If SOS cannot reply with good and reasonable answers maybe we should be wary of using them, good customer relations are a must if you want to do well in business. It is not as if the prices are real bargains. Maybe other suppliers would be glad to pick up the slack.
I see NeedsWings as a middle man here and they have to make a bit of money on it or it is not worth their time to get involved.
Maybe there is another vendor or two we are not aware of.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-10-2021 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:41 AM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

I dont remember YOU showing up here and asking questions, so what is below does not apply to you, MM208...

Originally Posted by MM208
Well, SOS says since I didn't send them the the only transponder I had it is my fault the non-remote key is not working.
It just bothers me that no one reached out to me when I explained to them that I didn't understand all this technical stuff about the skreem and the keys.
Iv'e read such complaints about SOS before, this is why I tell people to talk to Rob at Needswings. But Rob charges, what $40 more? Well, if ya go with the cheaper company, live with it and stop crying like a baby.

There is a REASON so many veteran members here swear by Rob.
But, people wont' listen, so I've given up.

On the OTHER hand, for a long time, we had NO OPTIONS, our cars just sat if we needed a key, so thank GOD SOS and Needswings are there.... at any price.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:43 AM

No apologies required, I just noticed the similarities in the user names. The mods would have erased the last username if they came from the same computer ID.
Apparently, I must have logged in to it and didn't realize it. So, it must be mine.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:46 AM
Administrator

YOu sure have two accounts, and all the rest of us can see what month/year you signed up:

You are logging into both accounts - that's on you, we can't stop you from doing that. I suspect you have one account logged in on your, say, office computer and another one on your laptop. Which ever it is, LOG OUT when you see "MM208" and log back in using the credentials you used for Mickey208.

It's easy to have two accounts if you didn't remember you made an account. I have two on Ford Ranger Forums for the same reason. I've not logged in to either in over a year, as they are such asses over there.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
YOu sure have two accounts, and all the rest of us can see what month/year you signed up:

You are logging into both accounts - that's on you, we can't stop you from doing that. I suspect you have one account logged in on your, say, office computer and another one on your laptop. Which ever it is, LOG OUT when you see "MM208" and log back in using the credentials you used for Mickey208.

It's easy to have two accounts if you didn't remember you made an account. I have two on Ford Ranger Forums for the same reason. I've not logged in to either in over a year, as they are such asses over there.
Ohhhh, 2017! That may have been like I said. A relative had a Crossfire. Can I close that other account?

Old 02-10-2021, 10:56 AM
Administrator

I do not believe current forum software supports account deletion*. All you can do, is log off that account and log on using credentials for your preferred account.
You can also delete the cookie/login within your browser for that account so it won't, by default, log you on with those credentials.

*This is to protect thread and forum content if someone leaves, as deletion would screw up threads anywhere you've been since joining. This also means a hacker could nuke this forum easily.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:00 AM

I do not believe current forum software supports account deletion*. All you can do, is log off that account and log on using credentials for your preferred account.
You can also delete the cookie/login within your browser for that account so it won't, by default, log you on with those credentials.

*This is to protect thread and forum content if someone leaves, as deletion would screw up threads anywhere you've been since joining. This also means a hacker could nuke this forum easily.
Okay. Thank you!

Old 02-11-2021, 02:36 AM
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I see NeedsWings as a middle man here and they have to make a bit of money on it or it is not worth their time to get involved.
Maybe there is another vendor or two we are not aware of.
On the OTHER hand, for a long time, we had NO OPTIONS, our cars just sat if we needed a key, so thank GOD SOS and Needswings are there.... at any price.
I got set back, but I’m about a week-ish out for fobs.

3 SKREEM’s repaired this week.

I don’t have a blade maker, but I might be able to get one down the road. I could do fobs with ready-to-cut blades for around $200 and an all-keys-lost fob would be around $300. These prices may end up being more but that’s what I’m shooting for.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:02 AM

I dont remember YOU showing up here and asking questions, so what is below does not apply to you, MM208...

Iv'e read such complaints about SOS before, this is why I tell people to talk to Rob at Needswings. But Rob charges, what $40 more? Well, if ya go with the cheaper company, live with it and stop crying like a baby.

There is a REASON so many veteran members here swear by Rob.
But, people wont' listen, so I've given up.

I have often learned that going the cheapest route is not necessarily the wisest move. I nearly went with Needswings and I wish now that I had. I will never use SOS again. I have learned a valuable lesson.
The guy STILL will not be absolutely forthcoming and tell me whether I will need to pay for anything or not. And he wants me to send him ALL of my keys. I won't do it! He could hold those keys as ransom until I pay. I'm not saying that he would. I'm just saying that I'm not taking a chance. I'm already out $65. That's quite enough as far as I'm concerned.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:02 AM

My issue with SOS now is over the non-remote key they made. It does not start the car. I understand NOW why. I had asked him if it could be reprogrammed and his exact words were, "The non-remote key has been made for your car and can not be undone." This is why I thought that a new key had to be made. Now, he says that it can be changed to another number if necessary. So, YES, it CAN be reprogrammed! I asked exactly what do I need to send back. This is the response this morning. Is it just me or is this answer a little confusing?

tech@sosdiagnostics.com

10:45 AM (6 minutes ago)

to me
We only need the remote key that you sent last time without the transponder, this time please send the transponder, and the key that does not work. We will check it and fix it if needed.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:16 AM
Administrator

I suppose they mean "RFID chip" when they use the term "transponder".

Old 02-11-2021, 11:29 AM

I suppose they mean "RFID chip" when they use the term "transponder".

Yes, I think so. But it's the way he puts things that's confusing to my feeble mind. He first says they only need the remote key I sent last time without the transponder. But in addition he says, "this time please send the transponder, and the key that does not work." So, now that I half way understand his lingo, I think he's wanting the remote key I sent that last time, AND the RFID chip, AND the non-working key. What's wrong with just saying that in the first place?

tech@sosdiagnostics.com

We only need the remote key that you sent last time without the transponder, this time please send the transponder, and the key that does not work. We will check it and fix it if needed.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:37 AM
Administrator

You are ignoring his commas.

First statement:
"We need onlyh the remote key that you sent last time without the transponder"

Second statement:
"Please send the transponder and the key that does not work."

But he could have stated it clearly.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:45 AM

You are ignoring his commas.

First statement:
"We need onlyh the remote key that you sent last time without the transponder"

Second statement:
"Please send the transponder and the key that does not work."

But he could have stated it clearly.
Yes, he could have. I'm not claiming to be the brightest bulb in the package but when you are dealing with all sorts of people, by email only, I believe one must try to be as clear as possible.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:26 AM

Good morning y'all! I wanted to update you on my situation with the keys. I was left with a working fob/key and a single non-working key from SOS. In order to get a working single key, which I paid for, I would have to send all my keys back to them. But they would not tell me if there would be any more charges. When I asked he just said they would have to look at it. I refused to send them because I was afraid they would hold my keys hostage until I paid whatever they decided I owed. I asked to get refunded for the single key and they refused. He said they provided me with a working key and they did their part. It was me that failed to follow all of the directions.
Yes, I admit that I goofed. I didn't fully understand what they wanted from me and I sure didn't understand how the system in the car worked. Had I done my due diligence and found out that each key has to be coded to a different channel, or whatever it's called, I would have understood that they needed all of the working keys. But my thing is he had to know from the get go that I was confused and didn't really understand the system. I understand that's not his fault but If it had been me in his place I would have contacted the customer and made every effort to school them on this so that they understood how it worked and they got what they wanted. That's just good business in my opinion.
Anyway, his last communication was that he had explained what they needed from me and there was nothing else they could do. So, I reached out to another agency for help in mediating a solution. Their response was that it was me that failed to follow instructions and I had used old parts from another car which further complicates the efforts to complete the service. Nowhere in my communications with them did I ever say anything about using parts from another car. That was a false statement. The fact that they would lie and fabricate something like that just confirms my feeling that they might have held my keys hostage until I paid them whatever they wanted. I would have had no choice because they would have had all my keys!
So, it's done. I just wanted to let you all know what my experience has been so that you can make an informed decision about whom to deal with.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:41 AM
Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

Mikey208
your experience is extremely unfortunate. I would like to thank you for sharing. It just emphasizes the point that we all need to dig deeper, ask a lot more questions and follow up in writing before we move forward.

Quick Reply: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)