Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Old 02-03-2021, 04:36 AM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

If the Viper can start your car, there must be something like a transponder bypass. I think they have glued a transponder into the ring antenna. If you want to know if the did that wind 4 lays aluminium foil over your keyfob. If the car starts properly there is a bypass.

Old 02-03-2021, 10:48 PM
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper-666
If the Viper can start your car, there must be something like a transponder bypass. I think they have glued a transponder into the ring antenna. If you want to know if the did that wind 4 lays aluminium foil over your keyfob. If the car starts properly there is a bypass.
Glued transponder is what I was thinking. But he said he has to put the key in to drive away. That’s kind of weird.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:37 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper-666
Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
Glued transponder is what I was thinking. But he said he has to put the key in to drive away. That’s kind of weird.
I'm a little scared to start the car with aluminum foil wrapped around the key fob. I'm afraid I'll confuse the SKREEM and have to replace it.
But, I tried it anyway. The car started normally. So, I guess there is a SKREEM bypass or a transponder is glued to the ring antenna.
I have an external ring antenna with an LED light on it. (
amazon amazon
) It blinks the LED light when I put the key in and turn it...indicating that the transponder in my key fob is talking to the antenna ring. If I wrap my key fob in foil, and start the car, I don't see the LED light blink at all. Seems like it should blink if there is a transponder glued behind to the antenna ring. Unless the ring and transponder were moved to another location? Or, there is a SKREEM bypass. I don't know. (I think with the remote start, when you get into the running car, if you step on the brake without putting the key in first, then the car stops running. Must be a security feature. I used to think they had figured out how to "temporarily" bypass the SKREEM and the key fob was needed to keep it running. Now, I'm thinking they must have bypassed the SKREEM somehow.)

Old 02-04-2021, 09:10 AM

They have bypassed the skreem somehow because you can only start the car when the skreem gives his ok and send the right code to the ecu. If the skreem don't send the code the car will start and the engine died after a second.
And you don't need any "temporarily" bypass, the ECU asked the code from the skreem when you put the ignition in pos2 no matter whether you continue to turn to the ignition position.
And if the car runs the transponder isn't needed any more, you need it when you starts the engine again. I thing this is a safety thing, so that the engine don't stop when there is a problem to detect a transponder when you drive the car.

Last edited by Viper-666; 02-04-2021 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all. I got the keys back today. The only thing that works is the original remote that I sent them. The new remote does nothing. The valet (they call it a non-remote key) key does not start the car. I paid for a non-transponder key/remote and a transponder non-remote key. None of it works. Is there something that I need to do here to get them to function or is something else wrong?

Old 02-06-2021, 06:22 PM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts

I would call them.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I found some instructions with the invoice placed on the outside of the box. They really should have put it inside with the keys. It describes how to sync the remote. It worked. But there is nothing on the non-remote key. It's supposed to be a transponder key so it ought to work shouldn't it?

Last edited by MM208; 02-06-2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

You asked for a valet key that doesn’t have a transponder so you can put the old transponder in it, didn’t you?

Old 02-07-2021, 10:39 AM

Did you call them and ask?

Old 02-07-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
You asked for a valet key that doesn’t have a transponder so you can put the old transponder in it, didn’t you?
No, I decided to just get the extra remote with no transponder chip and a working key without a remote. Is the chip incorporated into this key? There's no way to put one in or remove it.

Non-remote key. Supposed to have a transponder chip.

Old 02-07-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey208
No, I decided to just get the extra remote with no transponder chip
If that could work??? Transponder and remote are married together and prestored in the skreem. To syncronize a remote it have to be the right transponder in it. You can't syncronize a keyfob who has no or the wrong transponder in it.
Maybe SOS has put the right transponder in the key on your photo. So you can syncronize the keyfob with this key???

Last edited by Viper-666; 02-07-2021 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:14 PM

If they have put a transponder chip in the key it should be working right? Are there are a series of steps I need to go through to sync it with the car? If so, they did not include that information with the keys. I have sent them an email but they won't see it until tomorrow.

Old 02-07-2021, 01:57 PM

If they have put a transponder chip in the key it should be working right?
A transponder haven't to be syncronized, so yes it should work out of the box.

Old 02-08-2021, 02:27 PM

Well, I have learned something. The new remote key they provided me with has the transponder chip built into it. I didn't know that. When I synced it to the car I also activated the transponder. I didn't know that either. I tried it again and it starts the car. But the non-remote key they provided will not start the car. So, I don't know what they will need to do.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:18 PM

I would ask them, a phone call away.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:22 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Well, I have learned something. The new remote key they provided me with has the transponder chip built into it. I didn't know that. When I synced it to the car I also activated the transponder. I didn't know that either. I tried it again and it starts the car. But the non-remote key they provided will not start the car. So, I don't know what they will need to do.
Syncing the remote does not sync the chip, the chip works with the remote synced or not.
That is the way I understand it.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Syncing the remote does not sync the chip, the chip works with the remote synced or not.
That is the way I understand it.
The key would not work before I synced the remote so I assume they are tied in together somehow. I've emailed them about the other key not working and he said it may be because I didn't send them the only transponder chip I had. It could be set up to operate where the original is currently. I don't understand all of the technical stuff.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, SOS says since I didn't send them the the only transponder I had it is my fault the non-remote key is not working. He said it was probably programmed to work in the same slot as that key. And there can only be one key per slot. The new remote key works because it is programmed to fill another slot. I did not know any of this prior to my sending them anything.
He says I will need to send them both operating keys and they can look at it. But the non-remote key they made can not be re-programmed. They would have to make a new one programmed to work in a slot not already occupied by either of the operating keys. So, it would most likely cost me another $65 plus shipping, plus shipping my keys back. I don't know whether to do it or not. It just bothers me that no one reached out to me when I explained to them that I didn't understand all this technical stuff about the skreem and the keys.

Old 02-08-2021, 11:40 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by MM208
Well, SOS says since I didn't send them the the only transponder I had it is my fault the non-remote key is not working. He said it was probably programmed to work in the same slot as that key. And there can only be one key per slot. The new remote key works because it is programmed to fill another slot. I did not know any of this prior to my sending them anything.
He says I will need to send them both operating keys and they can look at it. But the non-remote key they made can not be re-programmed. They would have to make a new one programmed to work in a slot not already occupied by either of the operating keys. So, it would most likely cost me another $65 plus shipping, plus shipping my keys back. I don't know whether to do it or not. It just bothers me that no one reached out to me when I explained to them that I didn't understand all this technical stuff about the skreem and the keys.
Do you have two forum names, MM208 and Mickey208? Your answers seem to be split between the two forum names.

Old 02-09-2021, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by MM208
That's exactly how the skreem works. So they tell the truth. You can only use one key per slot. It gives 8 slots but I think they used the same soft- hardware I have and this used only the first 4 slots. And slot 1 and 2 are already used from the keys who were delivered with the Crossfire.

Quick Reply: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)