Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Pulse module

Old 03-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Pulse module

Hello! Had my pulse module replaced by a mechanic cuz car wouldn't start but everything else worked (lights, radio, etc). Mechanic told me key needed reprogramming because new pulse module wasn't sure recognizing key. Took car (towed) and key to chrysler who is saying it's something totally different. Whom am I to believe and does the reprogramming and pulse module have anything to do with each other? I'm ready to let this car go after 13 years and all these start issues.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts
Default Re: Pulse module

The pulse module is not programmed, it is a simple module that disengages the starter when the ECM sees the engine make it to 400 rpm.

A new SKREEM comes programmed with the same key code as was originally programmed into the SKREEM and keys at the factory. But you don't program it anyway, you order it per your VIN so that it has the same code in it that was loaded at the factor and therefore matches the key(s) code.

If the starter won't engage, it is most often fractured solder on the RCM - this fracturing causes the ECM to not power up all the way and therefore, the ECM does not enable the pulse module. The pulse module gets blamed by those who don't understand how to troubleshoot simple electronics - which describes most 'mechanics".

IT's all contained in the "Mystery No Start" thread here on the forum.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 03-12-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
The pulse module is not programmed, it is a simple module that disengages the starter when the ECM sees the engine make it to 400 rpm.

A new SKREEM comes programmed with the same key code as was originally programmed into the SKREEM and keys at the factory. But you don't program it anyway, you order it per your VIN so that it has the same code in it that was loaded at the factor and therefore matches the key(s) code.

If the starter won't engage, it is most often fractured solder on the RCM - this fracturing causes the ECM to not power up all the way and therefore, the ECM does not enable the pulse module. The pulse module gets blamed by those who don't understand how to troubleshoot simple electronics - which describes most 'mechanics".

IT's all contained in the "Mystery No Start" thread here on the forum.
Here is the post, CLICK
It is actually called; How to Repair Relay Control Module (RCM) - (Mystery no Start)

Old 03-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry you are having start issues. Welcome to the Crossfireforum where you will find knowledgeable folks who are willing to help and have experienced most every problem that can or does crop up with our cars.....
After thirteen years of starting issues , you mentioned, I am certain that your RCM will need attention, but sometimes, it may be just the starter..I would service (resolder n replace relays on the board) to eliminate it first as being the cause. You will find that a member here, Tighed1 (spelling?) performs this service for forum members and does a great job. Best of luck.

Last edited by Fla_Xfire_SRT; 03-12-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey Busy
I will inspect, redo bad solder joints, perform the Me So Horny mod (horn works w/o key) and replace the Air Pump relay (and the Fuel Pump relay if needed). I will then test your RCM in one of my cars. Then I will mail back the RCM to you via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day). In most cases I get the RCM back in the mail the day after I receive it so yer looking at about a week total. If you want the package insured please include an additional $6. FYI, In the few years that I have been doing this have lost 3 in the mail (one was to Canada).
If you send it to me requiring signature or such it will delay the repair/return process as I'm not home when parcels are delivered to my home.
Please email your address to me also. tighed1@hotmail.com
Leave all fuses and plastic cover on RCM.

Send your RCM and $27 (cash, money order, PayPal) to:

DJ TIGHE

3601 Pinnacle Ct
Sierra Vista, AZ 85650

Old 03-14-2017, 04:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tighe1 thx for the reply but I had RCM replaced last Jun. The dealership is saying it's the Street module. I want to know where to purchase outside of dealership but sending my registration, driver's license and VIN sends off alarms in my head. Has anyone tried this company, wing somthing??? to get a skreem. Can the skreem be soldered?

Old 03-14-2017, 06:26 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

The company is NeedsWings and Rob has always been the BEST friend of this forum.
I have never seen any complaints.
Yes, he is a bit pricey on some items, but we all have to make a living, right ?
The $229.95 price for the plug and play SKREEM ( not Street ) is a STEAL !!!!!
The dealer will charge you well over $1000, that is, if they can even do the repair without messing something else up.
There is no question of soldering, this is not the RCM we are talking about.
SKREEM = 3 tries (engine turns over ), then nothing until you disconnect battery, reconnect and try again.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:53 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Busy4jc
Hi Tighe1 thx for the reply but I had RCM replaced last Jun. The dealership is saying it's the Street module. I want to know where to purchase outside of dealership but sending my registration, driver's license and VIN sends off alarms in my head. Has anyone tried this company, wing somthing??? to get a skreem. Can the skreem be soldered?
Maybe this time you can remember to give feedback on the resolution of your problem. Last year you had trouble with your ECU, you never did give any feedback. Everyone learns by the resolution of problems to these cars.
NeedsWings is a rock solid company and if the SKREEM needs to be replaced you can do no better than use them. Any other company you used to buy the module from would require the same info, you also have to supply the mileage as well.
This module is the brains behind the security system of your car so they have to make sure that you are the owner.