Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Resistor for IAT

Old 04-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Resistor for IAT

Don't feed the trolls.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yanksmell
Oh yes it does, it is part of the air flow sensor. All fuel injected cars have an IAT sensor no matter where it is or what part of the air intake devices it is part of.

Know your stuff before missleading others.
wow this is comical....i havnt used this site in 6 yrs since i sold my lemon (crossfire) but sorry this mercedes 3.2 does NOT have a seperate iat sensor,,,maybe i should have stated (seperate) in my 6 yr old post WOW,,even went to the merc. dealer to find it,its in the map sensor on intake after air box thats what they said..cuz at the time chrysler didnt know **** about the car i was nieve at the time n bought the 15 dollar sensor off ebay yes these work !!,yes it richens the air mixture,,had no place to install it... like i said havnt been here in 6 years.. i had a lemon..(2) six spds,radio,electrical issues,down to the damm gas cap door breaking but i had a 1st run 04 maybe u guys got lucky n no issues,,, P.S by the way i like the key word "WAS" an engineer for ford lolol mybe they caught on 2 u....anyways have a nice life n wake me up again in 2117 k thanx

Last edited by DGKIRKMAN; 04-28-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I am also a Ford engineer, and I own a horse. From what I understand, the engine is run with magic. The magic flows through the IAT, into the ECM, and exits the engine in the form of carbon monoxide. The resistor will limit the flow of magic through the IAT, thus producing less CO stoichiometrically, and thus making 20+ LESS HP.
First off, you are not a Ford Engineer. Ford would teminate ANYengineer that talked like you do. Ford has no engine control design in NY. At 23 and only 1 year out of college at Ford would make you a go-for (at best). You may be a Ford mechanic (at a dealership) and you may be an engineer but you most defintly are not a Ford Engineer.

You say you own a horse, what part of a horse is speaking when folks are trying to understand the IAT sensor input to the ECM and you start a diatribe of magic and foolishness. As you state so clearly, "from what I understand, the engine is run with magic" is correct to you since you seem to have only enough IQ to view the subject as "Magic"; offer somthing of substance rather your verbal vomit of crap talk.

If your so smart, you explain how the IAT sensor functions.

I suggest you take your view back to 5th grade where this sort of crap is cool. GROW UP CHUMP! Help people with their questions or SHUT THE HELL UP!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:38 AM

This attachment should answer most issues on this subject. Either put the resistor in or don't. For those that value this information; I am pleased to help you any way I can. For thoses that are offended by logic, sorry.

The resistor is simply telling the ECM it is winter all the time. The MAP is what it is.

Just for laughs I installed the resistor with a SPST on my wifes ZH just to settle the issue. Injector timing changed along with off the line responce.

Thanks for pissing me off, I am leaving the circuit in. For the wise mouths out there, put a sock in it.

I'll bet you wonder how I had this information at my ready?

Attached Images
Old 04-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you are confused, sir. As I mentioned, I own a horse. I work in Ford's top secret crouching dragon facility on 39th (you've probably never heard of it). An IAT works on a resistive basis, as the temperature rises, the sensor gets lazier and lazier. Finally, when the sensor quits its job and goes on unemployment, the ECM enters closed loop mode. Closed loop means that the protective sheild over the ECM covers its energy loop at its core (like the deathstar in star wars) the ECM will be destroyed if the loop is breached. I was just kidding about the magic, most of the people on this forum are stupid enough to beleive it though. The only sensors that use magic are the Mitsubishi Optisparks.. now whats magic!! No contacts whatsoever!!!!!!!11! I remember back in 93, the LT1 Mustangs and Explorers had alot of problems with their optispark distributors, I dont know why Ford ever put that engine in the Viper with all the problems they had but thats besides the point. The opti loop of the distributor was breached (often by jedi) and the car would stall. If you actually look at the date this thread was started, that was the day I started engineering for Ford. I had my PE license at age 17, my dad owns a dealership.. pulled some strings and I'm now a licensed engineer!

Old 04-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

I think you are confused, sir. As I mentioned, I own a horse. I work in Ford's top secret crouching dragon facility on 39th (you've probably never heard of it). An IAT works on a resistive basis, as the temperature rises, the sensor gets lazier and lazier. Finally, when the sensor quits its job and goes on unemployment, the ECM enters closed loop mode. Closed loop means that the protective sheild over the ECM covers its energy loop at its core (like the deathstar in star wars) the ECM will be destroyed if the loop is breached. I was just kidding about the magic, most of the people on this forum are stupid enough to beleive it though. The only sensors that use magic are the Mitsubishi Optisparks.. now whats magic!! No contacts whatsoever!!!!!!!11! I remember back in 93, the LT1 Mustangs and Explorers had alot of problems with their optispark distributors, I dont know why Ford ever put that engine in the Viper with all the problems they had but thats besides the point. The opti loop of the distributor was breached (often by jedi) and the car would stall. If you actually look at the date this thread was started, that was the day I started engineering for Ford. I had my PE license at age 17, my dad owns a dealership.. pulled some strings and I'm now a licensed engineer!

Run out of meds again I see.
You are much more fun when you talk about the Mustang, which I see was once blue. I had a new '73 Mustang Grande, 302, same blue with a black vinyl roof. Nice car, drank gas, run out of air at 60mph, weighed too much and rusted away.
Nice looking car though and I wish I still had it.
I still have the gas cap and sales brochure.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-29-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You are much more fun when you talk about the Mustang, which I see was once blue. I had a new '73 Mustang Grande, 302, same blue with a black vinyl roof. Nice car, drank gas, run out of air at 60mph, weighed too much and rusted away.
lol.. just bored. I guess I'll update my mustang thread, I've made some progress. It's officially driveable with the fuel injected 351c. I fabricated some shock tower braces in order to fit an intake on it. The turbo is coming soon . I'm just waiting for fibreglass resin to dry on my crossfire's bumper now, I don't have anything much to do while I'm waiting. I just can't help myself when it comes to trolling, I love it lol.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Now thats funny. I can relate to you and your mustang.

I noted you responded to the 23 year old dude that has a PE at age 17. Imagine getting a 4 year (min) to 6 year degree at age 17. This means he started colloge at age 14. Imagine pulling strings to get a college degree and a PE. His dad must have pictures of the Dean with sheep. There is no strings that can be pulled to get an engineering degree outside of fraud. You test out and than you test out for the PE. This guy makes owning on of these cars a pain simply by knowing he ownes one also.

Did you note he refers to people on this fourm as "most of the people on this fourm are stupid enough to believe his crap", now that's *****.

I hope you noted how he confused GM, Chrysler and Ford sub-assembly names. How in the world he could not see the logo "Duraspark" under the hood of the older Fords lead me to believe is, oh crap, I do not know what he is.

I was looking for folks like you on a fourm like this but I end up doing mental moufou (battel with canons) with pin heads trying to look smart.

I think I am done trying to help folks on this site.

I do like your humor sir.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM

Where's Franc when ya need him?

Old 04-29-2011, 06:11 PM

I noted you responded to the 23 year old dude that has a PE at age 17. Imagine getting a 4 year (min) to 6 year degree at age 17. This means he started colloge at age 14. Imagine pulling strings to get a college degree and a PE. His dad must have pictures of the Dean with sheep.
I'm no Ford engineer, but I do own a horse. If the degree takes a minimum 4 years to obtain, how would one start college at age 14, and 4 years later leave with a degree at age 17? School doesn't matter when your dad owns a dealership.. trust me. Besides, fords are crappy cars anyway. I wouldn't drive anything less than a BMW personally, and neither would the rest of the idiots on this forum. I'm not saying the other members are stupid, they are just different than us ford engineers, but you already knew that IMHO. Now if you could explain how magnets worked I would be impressed.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:35 AM

I'm no Ford engineer, but I do own a horse. If the degree takes a minimum 4 years to obtain, how would one start college at age 14, and 4 years later leave with a degree at age 17? School doesn't matter when your dad owns a dealership.. trust me. Besides, fords are crappy cars anyway. I wouldn't drive anything less than a BMW personally, and neither would the rest of the idiots on this forum. I'm not saying the other members are stupid, they are just different than us ford engineers, but you already knew that IMHO. Now if you could explain how magnets worked I would be impressed.
Trust you…?... You are a full-blown idiot. For Christ sacks, there are no strings in the world that would ever get you a PE. Just SHUT UP you fool. Your dad may own a dealership but with a child like you, he would have been will advised to marry within his species.

I wonder how long it took to get oxygen to you at birth but breathing out your *** must have confused them. I actually feel sorry for you, I'll bet dippers giving you bad breath is part the source of your absurd personality. Magnets were explained in 7th grade but I suppose you would not know that since you were in college at the time. If you need to understand magnets, I suggest you ask the 14-year-old kid at the bus stop. This may help you understand why refrigerator magnets stick to your head you fool. A proctologist would be required to do a brain scan on you. Holy crap are you a piece of work!

I believe it goes this way for BMW owners like you; what’s the difference between a porcupine and a BMW… The porcupine has the ****** on the outside.

Now that’s funny…Ha Ha; not funny like you where retroactive birth control is required.

I have to admit I enjoy slamming idiots with small brains and big mouths that think everyone is as stupid as they are. As I was told years ago, “a fool can only see others as fools because they look at the world though the eyes of a fool”; that’s you chump. Eat healthy, your only worth in life would be an organ donor (minus the brain - if one exists).

Last edited by Yanksmell; 04-30-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 AM

Trust you…?... You are a full-blown idiot. For Christ sacks, there are no strings in the world that would ever get you a PE....

Magnets were explained in 7th grade but I suppose you would not know that since you were in college at the time. If you need to understand magnets, I suggest you ask the 14-year-old kid at the bus stop.

As I was told years ago, “a fool can only see others as fools because they look at the world though the eyes of a fool”
1st of all, where do I get my christ sack? I have alot of stuff I need to tote around with me, and I have been looking for something religious yet practical. I have paypal if you're selling them, lmk. So you're saying you can't explain how magnets work, and yet you're calling me an idiot? I asked the kid at the bus stop, he didn't know either. I suppose he's an idiot too. You just need to accept that there are certain things that can't be explained it this world.. like tides. Tide comes in, tide goes out. There's never any miscommunication. you can't explain that! When you heard that fool quote, was that the moment that you became better than everyone else, or did that happen after.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL! I usually keep my bourbon in a Christ Sack. They are convienient, but can make your leg itchy from the burlap.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I can't even believe you are still playing with this guy...IP Address....just in case I need it....in the near future. I really hate trolls and people pretending to be what they aren't, but that is just me...what engineer would even ask such a stupid question on a thread this old? No one but a troll....or an idiot...which is it? You come here calling people names, and starting **** you can't finish, that is a real professional engineer isn't it...welcome to my ignore list...what an idiot...

Old 05-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

you guys hurt my stomach muscles...

Old 05-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: Resistor for IAT

Some see a half full glass...
Others see a glass half empty.....
Then there are the Lysdexic engineers like me that see a solutition to a problem that has had me going coo coo, a short trip all the same.

I have been under the hood for a bunch and trying to solve a fuel problem that I CREATED INTENTIONALLY and have yet to solve to my satisfaction - so far. My car runs well but Iam so far off the fuel map that it is not funny and the C keeps throwing codes at me while Iam testing the latest and greatest mod.

This old thread and the description of the operation of the resistor c/o yanks smell has me thinking, WOAH if I add a padding resistor in parallel like the ebay thinggy, the ecm will believe that the air incoming in is COOOLLDDDD; thus tricking it into giving up more fuel and possibly solving my own delimma and getting this thing to run well enough to get to Carlisle this summer. Woopie. May be a solutition, just have to get the car off the trailer long enough to test drive it and see how the alteration really affects the ecm.

So there may be some good of this thread - other than the humor it has injected to the ebay myth.

OH by the way if you are at all interested, the cat toilets really work, I just unloaded my 3 electric self"cleaning" ones for the last time. The addition of the plumbing and such takes a bit of work but it is self cleaning and washed automatically. More time for tearing the C apart and adding mods. TAAAAADaaaaaaa.

Enjoy, Woody

Old 05-01-2011, 04:47 PM

Not to mention the voltage goes up as the temperature goes up, as the sensor's resistance will increase (heat = resistance.. R=V/I ). A resistor will trick the sensor into reading a higher temp. If anything, the ECM would pull timing to compensate for the high temps.
I mean.... I am a ford engineer and own a horse.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by waldig
OH by the way if you are at all interested, the cat toilets really work, I just unloaded my 3 electric self"cleaning" ones for the last time. The addition of the plumbing and such takes a bit of work but it is self cleaning and washed automatically.
Enjoy, Woody
No ****! I'm glad to hear that.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:21 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, you are not a Ford Engineer. Ford would teminate ANYengineer that talked like you do. Ford has no engine control design in NY. At 23 and only 1 year out of college at Ford would make you a go-for (at best). You may be a Ford mechanic (at a dealership) and you may be an engineer but you most defintly are not a Ford Engineer.

You say you own a horse, what part of a horse is speaking when folks are trying to understand the IAT sensor input to the ECM and you start a diatribe of magic and foolishness. As you state so clearly, "from what I understand, the engine is run with magic" is correct to you since you seem to have only enough IQ to view the subject as "Magic"; offer somthing of substance rather your verbal vomit of crap talk.

If your so smart, you explain how the IAT sensor functions.

I suggest you take your view back to 5th grade where this sort of crap is cool. GROW UP CHUMP! Help people with their questions or SHUT THE HELL UP!
So I take it what he's saying here is .............you can't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter!!!!!

Old 05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by waldig
OH by the way if you are at all interested, the cat toilets really work, I just unloaded my 3 electric self"cleaning" ones for the last time.
I missed that posting. Too busy reading this crap!

Quick Reply: Resistor for IAT