Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Cold start hiccups

Old 07-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold start hiccups

Hey guys!! It's been a while but I just wanted to see if anyone could have any insight on my 2005 srt6 the last 2 days I have started my car after sitting all night it wants to almost hiccup when it first starts like it loses just a little atches loses catches and then smoothes out, any ideas?? Didn't get a look at the drop in rpm* and I never completely lost power it just fluctuated 3 times and then steadied. I am due for an oil change and will be taking it tomorrow. Thank you guys and much love as always! Oh by the way I have gotten no codes other than the same p410 I never got solved

Last edited by tropixcale; 07-17-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts
Default Re: Cold start hiccups

Drop and romick?

Old 07-17-2016, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Drop and romick?
Rpm I'm not sure why my galaxy s7 can't recognize that..

Old 07-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

I should probably let the SRT guys handle this one, and knowing nothing about your car (you did not mention mileage, mods or any work done in the recent past, like if the pump has been replaced or upgraded), I have only one observation: You are describing how my truck acts on every "cold" start if I get in and hit the key.

If I get in, turn the key to "on", let it sit 5 seconds or so, THEN turn the key to start, the engine fires up right away and idles smoothly. Again, if I just turn the key to start, it will eventually start, rpm's will fluctuate, then things settle down after 10 seconds or so.

I also let the fuel pump run in the Crossfire until I hear it stop humming, and then turn the key. The XF will start up way easier and smoother that way. THe truck as 90,000 on it, the XF has 34,000.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:47 PM

The car has 72k new plugs wires coil packs, have repaired the rcm in the past. No mods and I do usually wait for the fuel pump to stop humming before I start although I can't tell you if I did the last couple times. I was in a hurry. But I always let my car sit and warm up a minute or two before I drive no matter the weather 8

Old 07-18-2016, 06:17 PM
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

sounds like a weak check valve in the stock fuel pump, yes turn key to second position and wait 5 seconds before turning all the way to engage the starting procedure and see if that makes the difference. if that solved it than you can either replace the pump or add a inline check valve after the pump before the regulator. or you have a weak regulator/filter, those are due to be changed every 40k miles, if yours haven't been done yet its surely time.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
sounds like a weak check valve in the stock fuel pump, yes turn key to second position and wait 5 seconds before turning all the way to engage the starting procedure and see if that makes the difference. if that solved it than you can either replace the pump or add a inline check valve after the pump before the regulator. or you have a weak regulator/filter, those are due to be changed every 40k miles, if yours haven't been done yet its surely time.
I have leaned towards the fuel pump before as once in a hundred starts it will take longer to crank, I feel like I changed my fuel filter the last time I changed oil as I also did my differential and will do my transmission next