Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

MAF cell code on N/A??

Old 02-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF cell code on N/A??

I've been trying for awhile now to figure out what the minor shake is in my idle. Its causing me to lose power between my 1st & 2nd gears.
After having it scanned i got a maf code. Being that was the only code I said okay and bought a maf off eBay. (Possible bad ebay part?) Replaced it and she basically died on me, but the fact it died with a new maf but still runs decent with the older maf sensor mean that its still good and I'm looking in the wrong spot??
I've changed plugs, wires, checked for air leaks, changed valve covers, I'm running out of ideas. All vacuum lines are secure.... I've still got a mad cell light on wtf! Love this car but its driving me nuts!
Help guys!

Old 02-03-2016, 12:13 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: MAF cell code on N/A??

Originally Posted by cdcrone123
I've been trying for awhile now to figure out what the minor shake is in my idle. Its causing me to lose power between my 1st & 2nd gears.
After having it scanned i got a maf code. Being that was the only code I said okay and bought a maf off eBay. (Possible bad ebay part?) Replaced it and she basically died on me, but the fact it died with a new maf but still runs decent with the older maf sensor mean that its still good and I'm looking in the wrong spot??
I've changed plugs, wires, checked for air leaks, changed valve covers, I'm running out of ideas. All vacuum lines are secure.... I've still got a mad cell light on wtf! Love this car but its driving me nuts!
Help guys!
Have you looked at the throttle body O- ring for leaks? How about the donut seal on the engine cover? Is the engine cover pushed all the way down at the back?

Old 02-03-2016, 03:47 AM

Thanks for the fast response! I was starting to run out of ideas! Ill xheck those when i get off work today! The engine cover is snuggly fit but I've yet to look at the o ring, how would I go about doing that? Do I need to take the tb apart??

Last edited by cdcrone123; 02-03-2016 at 03:51 AM.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:58 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Thanks for the fast response! I was starting to run out of ideas! Ill xheck those when i get off work today! The engine cover is snuggly fit but I've yet to look at the o ring, how would I go about doing that? Do I need to take the tb apart??
You do not need to take it apart, but you will have to take it off.
Don't do it until you get a couple of new O rings however.
I say 2 in case you pinch one putting it back on.
There's a thread here somewhere about the 74mm upgrade that will lead you through it with purty pickturs. ( also has part #'s for the O rings )

Old 02-03-2016, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
You do not need to take it apart, but you will have to take it off.
Don't do it until you get a couple of new O rings however.
I say 2 in case you pinch one putting it back on.
There's a thread here somewhere about the 74mm upgrade that will lead you through it with purty pickturs. ( also has part #'s for the O rings )
I didn't even know they sold upgrades for the base. Can you send me a link for it? I'll buy that asap lol. As for the o-rings I guess I could check by spraying carb cleaner around it and see if it revs up at all. If it does I can replace them right?

Old 02-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

I didn't even know they sold upgrades for the base. Can you send me a link for it? I'll buy that asap lol. As for the o-rings I guess I could check by spraying carb cleaner around it and see if it revs up at all. If it does I can replace them right?
Try this for starters. CLICK