Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Won't start turnover

Old 12-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Won't start turnover

Went out for quick bite to eat came home and turned off engine. Tried to restart ...Starter cranked 5-6 times but engine would not start/turnover. ]Waited twenty minutes and starter cranked and engine ran/turned over so put her in the garage. Check engine light is now on... RCM fixed by tighed in Oct. should I put engine diagnostic in to pull code? Worried may just die on me...and be serious costly repair

Old 12-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Won't start turnover

This might help. Crankshaft position sensor might be bad
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...on-sensor.html

Old 12-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Won't start turnover

Huge thanks on Bosch CPS replacement and am ordering it for $36.00. I will do own install based on instructions in the forum.

Looking at keeping two very helpful section/links on my desktop and reviewing the forum a couple of times each week:
(1) List/link of common problems and fixes
(2) Adding list of what new owners may want/need to do to their first Crossfire

And also think it is great that some of you all that have been there and done that include in your responses for all to see one or both of the above critical information as a link etc in your replies

Lastly, I can see the absolute need to keep records of issues, dates of issues, parts, and labor/work.

My Crossfire recently bought in Oct 14, has the usual rough spots.. exterior and interior wise, its a driver, has a little early signs of rust under door sills I'm working on -Rust Bullet etc - has nearly 100K-looking forward to joining the real seniors of Crossfire the 100K plus crowd-, has lots more work to do on her as she has some miles and been around. Not perfect or real low mileage but I enjoy the look and will get it there thanks to you all. Joe