Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

throttle surges in park

Old 11-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default throttle surges in park

hi all so i was doing some repairs on the car and when i finished i went to take the car for a drive to make sure all was well. first of all when i connect the battery my running lights come on and stay on even with the headlight toggle in the off switch so im not sure what that is about but my main problem is when i start the car the rpms are going up and staying up much higher than they ever have before and when i switch from park to reverse or drive they surge up as well. the worst is when i go from drive back to park as they started going up over 3k and i turned the car off before they could go any higher. now im wondering if it is the throttle sensor or if maybe i have a vacuum leak. i took a video of it and will attempt to post it. thanks for any advice guys.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0261.MOV (3.00 MB, 8 views)
Old 11-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: throttle surges in park

If it was normal before the repairs then you did something to cause this. Calmly review all you did during the work. Vacuum related would be my guess.

Les

Old 11-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea i would imagine i did it myself but the only things i took off were the k&n filters to the dcai and took the fan out. also changed the supercharger oil but dont see how that would cause a vacuum leak. generally how things have been going with this car, i fix one problem but during that repair i break something else or discover something new. its a good thing i like this car and learning about it otherwise it would have a new owner. i will check for leaks and report back thanks veloc.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

The only hoses in the area are for the air injection on each cylinder bank and I don't see how that would make the engine rev moving from park to reverse. Just be cool and take a calm long look and I'll bet you find the cause. I'll be doing some regular maintenance to my car tomorrow and I'll see what If I spot a possible reason.

Les