Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

No Start - Need addition solutions

Old 10-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start - Need addition solutions

Hey everyone need your help.

On a long trip after pulling over to a rest stop my crossfire would try and start two times then third time absolutely nothing.All lights on dash and exterior lights all functional but, it won't even crank. I had re-soldered my RCM a few months ago even though the contacts looked good and I have had no problems afterwards or previously.

My crossfire has been at the dealer for two weeks and the diagnosis was a new SKREEM module. Long story short they tried to program this SKREEM module with a new fob key but, no success only to have Chrysler Engineering tell them the modules are already pre-programmed. (They said it was a full page of instructions which take 45 minutes each time and they tried over 10 times). Chrysler Engineering has provided the tech with 8 separate scenarios for this problem which who knows how long will take.

Can anyone guide me to anything I can print out and show the tech for possible solutions. They are burning hours looking for a solutuion.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: No Start - Need addition solutions

They should be able to replace the screem module and use the existing FOBs. Are they trying to program the existing FOBs to the new screem or a new FOBs?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So it isn't the CPS?

Old 10-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

Another dealership NIGHTMARE! Good luck with them.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffNSoFly

On a long trip after pulling over to a rest stop my crossfire would try and start two times then third time absolutely nothing.All lights on dash and exterior lights all functional but, it won't even crank. I had re-soldered my RCM a few months ago even though the contacts looked good and I have had no problems afterwards or previously.

My crossfire has been at the dealer for two weeks and the diagnosis was a new SKREEM module. Long story short they tried to program this SKREEM module with a new fob key but, no success only to have Chrysler Engineering tell them the modules are already pre-programmed. (They said it was a full page of instructions which take 45 minutes each time and they tried over 10 times). Chrysler Engineering has provided the tech with 8 separate scenarios for this problem which who knows how long will take.

Can anyone guide me to anything I can print out and show the tech for possible solutions. They are burning hours looking for a solutuion.

Thanks a ton in advance.
The new SKREEM should come programmed to your VIN when delivered to the dealer and there would not be any need for the dealer to do anything except install it.
The key would need to be programmed only to open the doors etc.
If the dealer is playing around with progepraming then they are liable to screw everything up.
Dealers cannot program the SKREEM to suit your car, this is a security thing to keep the car from being easily stolen and to keep the cost and profits up.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bill F
So it isn't the CPS?
No, not with the three tries and dead symptoms.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I had mine replaced by a certified XF tech who seemed to know what he was doing. Charged for the module and two hours labor. Have your tech give him a call - Pete, Service Department @ Anchorage Chrysler Dodge (877) 818-0167. He told me he actually attended one of the original trainings for these cars back in 2003, albeit brief.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The new SKREEM should come programmed to your VIN when delivered to the dealer and there would not be any need for the dealer to do anything except install it.
The key would need to be programmed only to open the doors etc.
If the dealer is playing around with progepraming then they are liable to screw everything up.
Dealers cannot program the SKREEM to suit your car, this is a security thing to keep the car from being easily stolen and to keep the cost and profits up.
Thanks for that explanation on that I was confused on why they were trying to program the module for hours when the manufacturer is the one that does that.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hindin
I had mine replaced by a certified XF tech who seemed to know what he was doing. Charged for the module and two hours labor. Have your tech give him a call - Pete, Service Department @ Anchorage Chrysler Dodge (877) 818-0167. He told me he actually attended one of the original trainings for these cars back in 2003, albeit brief.
Thanks I will keep his number on hand if there are anymore issues!

Old 10-05-2015, 03:44 PM

**Update**

The VIN for my car wasn't provided when they ordered the first SKREEM module and that's why it wasn't working.

Another one has been ordered so it looks like another week of waiting but, that seems to be the issue.

Thanks for all the input guys! Hopefully ill be back on the road soon.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

**Update**

The VIN for my car wasn't provided when they ordered the first SKREEM module and that's why it wasn't working.

Another one has been ordered so it looks like another week of waiting but, that seems to be the issue.

That explains it all then, these guys are ignorant, idiots or ignorant idiots, take your pick.
You'd think the factory rep should know, watch what they have you pay for, you should not pay for their stupidity.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:02 PM

**Update**

Not sure I buy that explanation, I seem to recall you can only get the SKEEM if a VIN is provided.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 PM
JSK
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

The dealerships parts department likely had an unclaimed one sitting on the shelf so they tried to sell it to you.

Jeff K

Old 10-09-2015, 11:45 AM

**Second Update**

Service manager called to tell me the second SKREEM module still does not fix the problem. They are being told from Chrysler engineering you need to replace the PCM as well with the SKREEM module.

I'm being told I need to pay $3,300 for a new PCM and there are only 3 available in the whole US. Which to be honest I cannot afford and it would be ashame to get rid of this car with only 48k miles on it.

I find this hard to believe. Is there any info I can print out for any possible other solutions?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks a ton in advance.
This alone gives me a gut feeling they screwed up - didn't have a clue what they were doing .. and now you get to pay for their training.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:34 PM

**Second Update**

Service manager called to tell me the second SKREEM module still does not fix the problem. They are being told from Chrysler engineering you need to replace the PCM as well with the SKREEM module.

I'm being told I need to pay $3,300 for a new PCM and there are only 3 available in the whole US. Which to be honest I cannot afford and it would be ashame to get rid of this car with only 48k miles on it.

I find this hard to believe. Is there any info I can print out for any possible other solutions?
Is there a place to get a second opinion?

Old 10-09-2015, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
Is there a place to get a second opinion?
I'm calling around but, not finding any other place that has certified crossfire technicians.

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
This alone gives me a gut feeling they screwed up - didn't have a clue what they were doing .. and now you get to pay for their training.
I got that feeling as well. I mean I will never know if they did something like fried the PCM or anything else.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.benzshops.com

Old 10-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

I, no WE, preach and preach - once you take one of these cars to a dealer, the chance that you will have your car back in running condition is slim.

Does anyone know if Rob at Needswings could have ordered a SKREEM?

Old 10-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Forum Regular

My experience, I ran into the same problem, dealership replaced SKREEM but didn't know what they were doing. Think the original SKREEM they put in, somehow burn't out the PCM. They had to put in another SKREEM and PCM. It took me 6 months to get my car back from dealership. In Boston area, Mercedes dealers will not work on a Crossfire. Was a total nightmare.

Quick Reply: No Start - Need addition solutions