Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

I assume I am right ...

Old 07-14-2014, 05:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I assume I am right ...

So driving down the highway on cruise have to brake and cruise won't switch off, brake again and nope cruise won't switch off and yep BASESP light pops up so use stalk to disconnect cruise.

Pull in to service station ask wife to check brake lights and sure enough they are not working. Pump brakes and wow lights come on but only once so still no brake lights. Get on the phone and order a brake peddle switch as I think that's gone duff. Have to wait till Thursday before they have one in and I know it's only a 2 minute job to fit so no problem there. However plugged in my obd today and get no codes at all !!!!!

I assume I am right regards the switch......

Old 07-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: I assume I am right ...

Have you checked the fuses?

Old 07-14-2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bill F
Have you checked the fuses?
I will assume that the fuse is ok as the lights did come back on again albeit only once, however good suggestion but what is the fuse number and is it under the bonnet or the box on the side of the drivers dash.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

sounds like a faulty switch. But corrosion can happen in the fuse box as well, not allowing contact. Doesn't hurt to just pull the fuses out and put them back in, scoring them a bit as you return back into the prongs. This should be done on all of them from time to time as these little cars are very voltage sensitive.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
sounds like a faulty switch. But corrosion can happen in the fuse box as well, not allowing contact. Doesn't hurt to just pull the fuses out and put them back in, scoring them a bit as you return back into the prongs. This should be done on all of them from time to time as these little cars are very voltage sensitive.
Do you know what fuse numbers they are ?

Old 07-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Bay Cruise
Do you know what fuse numbers they are ?
You have no owners manual? If not click on the red in my sig and see all the manuals under the appropriate heading at the top of the list.
V V V

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-14-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:25 PM

Yes I do but don't find the manual that easy to read, too many pages and the page numbering is atrocious. I find forums and other peoples expert instant help much much easier. Anyway I don't have acress to my mac to have a look at the moment as I am away and using my phone but thanks anyway.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Brake Lamp/Speed Control is the number 2 fuse 15 amp blue located at the left bottom of the interior fuse block on the drivers side end of your console. Access is by opening the door. There should be a card on the back of the door describing the fuses. Interesting that this fuse controls both your Brake Lamp & Speed Control.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Red Runner
Brake Lamp/Speed Control is the number 2 fuse 15 amp blue located at the left bottom of the interior fuse block on the drivers side end of your console. Access is by opening the door. There should be a card on the back of the door describing the fuses. Interesting that this fuse controls both your Brake Lamp & Speed Control.
Great Thanks, I had already checked those just in case and all were ok, so the switch it probably is. I don't seem to have the fuse description on the back of the fuse box cover so your info was helpful.

Regards speed control, it does make sense as the brake pedal switches off cruise so they would both work off the same fuse and switch if one goes faulty.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:23 AM

New switch fitted and all sorted now. Easy to fit takes 15 seconds BUT 15-20 minutes trying to get the two screws in the small black under dash cover. Had to be removed to get to switch on my car.