Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

head swap

Old 10-29-2004 | 05:48 PM
Default Re: head swap

Originally Posted by Dan Root
I believe there's engine mods available from Startech or others and since the they have $$$$$$$to build them have at it .Just remember your working on a $7k-10k driveline and if it's still under warrenty it won't be after your mods in your garage ! If you think my warnings are stupid then have at it.The ECU upgrade and airintakes are available and do add about 30HP cost less than $1k.These don't harm the warrenty so far.
My idea of having a fast modern car is buy it with all you want.Don't try to mickey a great car. As for the XF being a loss I think you're wrong it's one of the best values I've owned .I've had a year and still get compliments almost every day I drive it.

Good luck .
That's why they make Hondas.
I wont believe any claims for an upsolute or any other chips or these "intakes" untill i see some dyno runs. This is the only car forum that ive seen and no one has dynoed their car.
If a contour owners can do it, i'm sure we are capable.I'm guessin we put around 175-180whp stock at most. If some one has run their car on the dyno, i'll stand corrected. But, i havnt seen it. As far as the crossfire being a mistake, it was. And if you were happy with the crossfires power you wouldnt be trying to buy a srt-6. I get compliments all the time on my crossfire, and who cares. They are not driving it. I dont care what other people think. I care what i think. And i think the crossfire is way underpowered. For a 300 hundred a mo as i am paying its a decent car. But if i actually purchased this car, yikes, i would need that like a bullet in the head. There are much better choices for 35k. The only thing that made me buy it was payment. or lease it rather. An r32 would be a nice compromise, decent speed , great handling, looks and interior are great. I tried to lease that and payment came around the 570 range, so was the sti and evo and TT, only thing that came remotely close was a g35 coupe, almost no options at 480 a mo. At the time taking the crossfire seemed logical. And man i wish i never did it. I wish i just drove my 95 blazer winter car till i found a deal on a evo or something. I am not trying to **** on your parade if you like your car that is cool. It just not for me as i found out too late.

Old 10-29-2004 | 08:31 PM

I think it would be worth taking a look into it, in this month's Car and Driver they say the new 3.5 engine is based on our 3.2 so it may work, but I assume it's no plug and play job.

I'm not sure about the numbers but I figure 5K is an understatement, I agree with x'ed, I'd rather modify my car than get an SRT.

I'm still drooling over that 12k Kleemann supercharger!!!

Old 10-30-2004 | 11:47 AM
Banned

Since I've been looking at SRTs they have a lease program for under $600 a month min dwn.

As far as you guys that are unhappy with power #s remember 0-60 in6.5 stock is pretty quick with 19" rear wheels .I still enjoy driving everyday and I'm not racing every kid on the street !

As for you needing more speed I wonder why you bought it in the first place.

As for me wanting a SRT yeah I like the power and don't really care about mods to a new car .I rather have the stock SRT because the Value will be in the car always . But I may never buy one because I'm going to test out the new Vette and Porsches and XK8 SC before .

The DC dealers are not marking the SRT up because they're not selling ! I have offered to trade mine for one but they are not biting on my #s yet. I'll wear them down though.Trying again today!
It's only buying more XFire FUN.

Old 10-30-2004 | 02:19 PM
CrossfireForum.org Founder

Originally Posted by Bullseye
I wont believe any claims for an upsolute or any other chips or these "intakes" untill i see some dyno runs. This is the only car forum that ive seen and no one has dynoed their car.
People have tried. The car needs a load on the front wheels for it to be dynoed. That means the only dyno it MIGHT work on is certain types of AWD dynos. The ones it MIGHT work on are rare. As for how much hp your getting from the chip and an intake, it's only going to be around 20hp.

As you've already found out this isn't a modder's dream car. You can call up Kleeman and they will probably be able to do a supercharger for you at some cost south of 10k. Don't know how much though.

Old 10-30-2004 | 06:30 PM

Kleeman quoted the supercharger at $12,000 installed. I might get in in January.

For me the whole thrill of cars is modifying and improving them, that's why I'd rather upgrade mine than trade it for an SRT.

For me a stock car is as boring as watching paint dry.