Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Cigarett outlet power change

Old 09-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cigarett outlet power change

1- Does anyone know how, or has experience switching the wiring of the cigarett plug from being switched to always being on?

2- When are the deck lid lights to come on? It would be great to have the lights on when the deck lid opens for unloading groceries, dry-cleaning, scotch, and the like. I cannot seem to get a handle on this. Thanks. St. Louis.

Old 09-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Forum Regular

Which deck lid lights are you talking about? The light inside the trunk area should come on anytime a door is opened, including the deck lid. If you are talking about the two white lights on the bottom of the deck lid, those are the tag lights. If you want them on, turn the parking lights on.

Old 09-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Default Re: Cigarett outlet power change

Originally Posted by jamespsnl
2- When are the deck lid lights to come on? It would be great to have the lights on when the deck lid opens for unloading groceries, dry-cleaning, scotch, and the like. I cannot seem to get a handle on this. Thanks. St. Louis.
Make sure that the switch by your rear view mirror is in the correct position. I'm not home right now, so I don't remember which way it should be. But try it both ways and if that doesn't work - let me know - I'll make a point of looking when I get home. :wink:

Old 09-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vegas is correct... the interior light switch, which is located in the middle of the overhead map light must be turned on for all interior lights to come on, including the trunk light. The switch must be pushed to the right side of the car for "all" Interior lights to come on. The two lights on the bottom of the trunk lid are in fact the license plate lights... parking and/or headlights must be on for them to work.