Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Need Help With Headlights

Old 07-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Headlights

I installed the Silverstar H7 lights this afternoon. But now at night time i realize that they are not lighting up the street ahead of me. They only light up a few feet in front of the car. Do i have re-aim the headlights, because i didnt change their position in the first place. Also it seems like the light is split on the road, like theres a black spot dividing the light. If anyone has any suggestions please help. I will be putting the original lights back in tomorrow.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need Help With Headlights

Originally Posted by Dank
I installed the Silverstar H7 lights this afternoon. But now at night time i realize that they are not lighting up the street ahead of me. They only light up a few feet in front of the car. Do i have re-aim the headlights, because i didnt change their position in the first place. Also it seems like the light is split on the road, like theres a black spot dividing the light. If anyone has any suggestions please help. I will be putting the original lights back in tomorrow.
The first set I bought had one of two bulbs that performed exactly as you describe. Replacement second set has been flawless. Sounds like Sylvania may have a quality control problem.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:26 AM

I am going to exchange the bulbs today and see what the outcome is. Do you usually have to re-aim them after installing new bulbs.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:01 AM

No adjustments are needed after just changing the headlight bulbs.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dank
I had exactly the same problem when I put in my Silverstar H7's. But it turned out to be that the bulb was not fully seated, not inserted all the way correctly. It was hard to see the installation well on the right side. It felt like it was all the way in, and the clip held it in place, but it was not actually in the correct postion.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:39 AM

i agree with Sea. the exact same thing happened to me about 4 days ago. after installing the new low beam bulbs, the aiming was all off. checked them again and they were not seated properly. reseated them, and the aim was right on.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:50 AM

DANK , JUST RETURN THE H7, AND GO WITH THE REAL THING. HID CONVERSION KIT VERY EASY TO FOLLOW.
CHECK IT OUT UNDER BMERFAN.
I JUST INSTALLED HID 6000K AND IT'S THE BEST $320.00 EVER SPENT.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:52 PM

Thank you all for your advice. I exchanged the Silverstars for a new pair and installed them and made sure they were all the way in. They are working just fine now. They are much whiter but I feel they dont light up as big an area as the stock lights. Im gonna keep the new ones in for now and test them out for a week or so. Also are the philips w5w bulbs the best match for the parking lights. Thankyou again.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:19 PM

on my lunch hour today, i just put the philips bluevision w5w bulb in one side. yes, it is a good match. i was surprised because the bulb unlit looks very blue, but when lit up, matches the whiteness of the silverstars pretty well. you do have to take out the headlamp assembly though to get at the w5w bulbs. it's kind of a pain to reach the 2 bolts on the underside of the assembly(which is why i only got one side done on my lunch hour). i will take pictures later tonight for comparison and post them here.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:04 PM

Thanks goat i'm interested in the pictures! I'll check back later when you post them

Old 07-28-2004, 08:56 AM

Here's a couple pictures trying to show the difference between the original and new Bluevision standing/parking lights. In both pictures, the headlights and foglights are already changed over to Silverstars. You can see, hopefully, that in the second picture, the Bluevision bulb does match the Silverstars very well. I think they are great for completing the whole look when changing to Silverstars.

Original Parking/Standing Light

Philips Bluevision Parking/Standing Light

Old 07-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Forum Regular

Goat,

That looks really cool. I like the overall white/blue look rather than the yellow/orange of the stock.

I think I will put it on my Xmas list.

Old 07-28-2004, 12:49 PM

ditto! its hott and its cheap! I'm gonna have to order some this week!

Old 07-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Default Post link

Hey I recently installed the parking lights with autolumination 5 led bulbs and they lok great, but I think I like the silverstar lighting too. Can you post the link where you bought them from beacuse I want to order the Fogs and gonna order them for the parking ilghts to compare the 3 of them. But please post link where to buy

Old 07-28-2004, 03:42 PM

the high and low beam headlamps (H7ST) and fog lights (9006ST) are Silverstars...bought at walmart for about $36 per pair. the turn signal lights are also Silverstars (7507ST) which i ordered right from the Sylvania Performance Shop. the parking lights are Philips Bluevision part number W5W. I got lucky and found a pair of these on Ebay for 3 bucks. other than that, Powerbulbs.com is one of the only places to find them as they are a European spec part number. I even looked everywhere locally and noone carried them.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:24 PM

same same same thing happend to me the lights are not snowing enough road ahed of me i think ill put the origonels ones in & maybe mess with the aiming deal p.s i dont like when i am driving the Beam viborates

Old 11-02-2004, 12:11 AM

I think you missed the first part of the posts.

The H7 bulbs are WAY TOO EASY to insert wrong.

When seated correctly there is NO need to adjust anything, and there will be NO vibrations or wobbling of the bulb. Really there won't.

This is not the fault of the Silverstars, it just happens with all of the H7 bulbs.

Old 11-02-2004, 09:29 AM

i noticed when i picked my car up that same night the beat was wobbly :