Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Brake Light Switch

Old 10-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Light Switch

Does anyone know the location of the switch?

I think the switch is acting up because my Gear shift is locked in Park and the BAS/ESP light lights up when pedal is depressed and the brake lights dont work at all, except for flashers and such.....

Unsure where to look for the switch

Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: Brake Light Switch

Originally Posted by sorr10
Does anyone know the location of the switch?

I think the switch is acting up because my Gear shift is locked in Park and the BAS/ESP light lights up when pedal is depressed and the brake lights dont work at all, except for flashers and such.....

Unsure where to look for the switch
You can use your 'special tool' to unlock the transmission. If you do not have one you can use a screwdriver. Look in your Owners Manual to see how.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:26 PM

Yeah I have been using a screw driver for about 2 weeks now, the BAS/ESP light started to come on about a week ago and out of curiousity I chcked to see if my brake lights were working and low and behold, no brake lights, so now it has become serious in my eyes. Also to day I figured the car was not telling I was pressing the brake pedal because when I had the cruise control on (which I rarely even use) it did not disengage when I pressed the brake pedal...Threw it in neutral to turn off the cruise :-).. so now I am thinking its the Brake Light Switch due to these issues. I think I located the switch under the dash board cover... going to check it now....cheers

Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sorr10
Yeah I have been using a screw driver for about 2 weeks now, the BAS/ESP light started to come on about a week ago and out of curiousity I chcked to see if my brake lights were working and low and behold, no brake lights, so now it has become serious in my eyes. Also to day I figured the car was not telling I was pressing the brake pedal because when I had the cruise control on (which I rarely even use) it did not disengage when I pressed the brake pedal...Threw it in neutral to turn off the cruise :-).. so now I am thinking its the Brake Light Switch due to these issues. I think I located the switch under the dash board cover... going to check it now....cheers
How'd this turn out?

Old 02-19-2014, 11:35 AM
N.K

Finally I have got my brake light switch sorted. To keep it simple the brake light switch is located on the brake pedal upper arm...(you need to be on your back to see it). However after hours of trying to visually see it, (as I had located it) I gave it to my mechanic who told me, you need to be right under the pedal to see it.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by N.K
Finally I have got my brake light switch sorted. To keep it simple the brake light switch is located on the brake pedal upper arm...(you need to be on your back to see it). However after hours of trying to visually see it, (as I had located it) I gave it to my mechanic who told me, you need to be right under the pedal to see it.
You asked all the questions in another thread and put your final post on the matter in this older thread. So there is no resolution to your problem in the other thread where you started.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:50 AM
N.K

Oh yes just noticed...added on another post. Thanks😆

Old 09-09-2023, 04:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The switch is at top of the brake pedal. It should have one or two wire coming out of it. Grab it and twist to right a half turn and it should drop out and hang on the wire bundle attached to it. Replace and replicate process in reverse. Mine only hade one wire from plug and would only go in one side of plug.

The following users liked this post:
sagestwo (09-23-2023)