Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Automatic Ignition Starter??

Old 05-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Automatic Ignition Starter??

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this piece from AutoXclusive:

autoxclusive.com chrysler crossfire accessory accessories part body kit performa autoXclusive

It is their "automatic ignition starter" and I want some more info. Their site offers no info on the product and the picture is only of the button itself. I am wondering if this comes with the necessary stuff to make the button fully functional and how that is achieved.

I have to believe that if this was easy or affordable, that I would have seen more XFs with them over the numerous GTGs I have been to, but better to ask and maybe find something new, than not to ask at all.....

Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Automatic Ignition Starter??

If I'm correct that is the price of just the button, this place has a lot of nice stuff but a bit high on their prices, that starter button is for cars that already have a push button type starter/ignition switch as like in my 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 and that have remote start, our Crossfires do not have this style of ignition.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by kingkub57
If I'm correct that is the price of just the button, this place has a lot of nice stuff but a bit high on their prices, that starter button is for cars that already have a push button type starter/ignition switch as like in my 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 and that have remote start, our Crossfires do not have this style of ignition.
Thanks for the response, but I am aware we do not have this type of ignition.

But since this product was listed under the XF Coupe parts list, I figured there may be more to it, hence my question.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Forum Regular

Well I was on this site and checking out all there products also, I was noticing that all there metal type trim pieces seemed to be on the high side of the price range, I do like a lot of their products, and might even consider getting some, but back to the switch, I think you would have to change out the original ignition switch and then replace with the newer style, because the whole complete key fob fits into the switch assembly, so you would be talking about replacing atleast the switch and two new key fobs, and the new style button, so for $90.00 I really don't think you would be getting all that included, not to mention not sure about the reprograming of the new style remotes/fobs.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

It's nothing more than a simple button that you wire into the ignition harness. Does the exact same thing that turning the key to the right-most detent does and that is to start the car. You still have to put the key in the ignition and turn it to run so this really is nothing more than something for looks. As far as installation, you'll have to pull apart your dash to get at that wiring. Not sure if it's plug and play as for that price, it should but we know they are on the high side so you may end up having to solder it in. I personally think that button is ugly as hell and I'd put in a bulgin vandal resistant button and pay 1/3rd the price and end up with something that looks 10x better. But that's just my opinion.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by rcompart
I personally think that button is ugly as hell and I'd put in a bulgin vandal resistant button and pay 1/3rd the price and end up with something that looks 10x better. But that's just my opinion.
Calm down, Rudy

I was just trying to get a little more info, thank you.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Forum Regular

I still think that it would not work just to hot wire your starter you still have to deal with the imobilizer, if the key is not there you would have to by-pass the imobilizer and yes the ignition still would be locked up, thus still requiring the key that is why I think you would have a lot more to do than just wire that button in.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Calm down, Rudy

I was just trying to get a little more info, thank you.
John, I was just stating my opinion like I stated at the end of the post. There are a lot of things people do to these cars that I think is ugly but if the person that did it likes it, that's all that matters and I'm cool with. BTW, I was actually really calm when I wrote that as it was the afternoon and the coffee had worked it's way out of the system. LOL

Old 05-07-2010, 08:16 AM

John, I was just stating my opinion like I stated at the end of the post. There are a lot of things people do to these cars that I think is ugly but if the person that did it likes it, that's all that matters and I'm cool with. BTW, I was actually really calm when I wrote that as it was the afternoon and the coffee had worked it's way out of the system. LOL
Someone has to screw with you, Rudy, may as well be me. Seriously, thanks for the info. I have always wanted a remote start for the car (thought I may be able to integrate this button on the interior), but with the mercedes security tech and manual trans, I think this is not going to be a reality.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:10 AM

Someone has to screw with you, Rudy, may as well be me. Seriously, thanks for the info. I have always wanted a remote start for the car (thought I may be able to integrate this button on the interior), but with the mercedes security tech and manual trans, I think this is not going to be a reality.
I had remote start in mine. The security isn't too tough so long as you don't mind losing one of your keys and you can remember to make sure that the car isn't in gear as this car WILL overpower the parking brakes if it's left in gear. (Little starter that could)

BTW, you're right, someone has to razz me. I haven't been in a while so I'm over due. Alright, who's next in line. LOL

Old 05-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring it rudy, lol

Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Forum Regular

Just remember you get what you pay for. I have installed remote starters for a good 8 years and if you get the Correct one you would not have to worry about it starting up in gear, or having to worry about the starter staying engadged, or anything else, last thing I would want is my car starting and then driving itself all over stuff and totalling your car or something else.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:01 PM

I had remote start in mine. The security isn't too tough so long as you don't mind losing one of your keys and you can remember to make sure that the car isn't in gear as this car WILL overpower the parking brakes if it's left in gear. (Little starter that could)

BTW, you're right, someone has to razz me. I haven't been in a while so I'm over due. Alright, who's next in line. LOL
Rudy I may call you one of these days to chat about the remote start. As a matter of fact, I have 4 keys for mine (previous owner, long story) so losing one would not bother me at all, but starting my car from work when it is -10deg outside sure would be nice

Old 05-07-2010, 02:20 PM

Rudy I may call you one of these days to chat about the remote start. As a matter of fact, I have 4 keys for mine (previous owner, long story) so losing one would not bother me at all, but starting my car from work when it is -10deg outside sure would be nice
You have my number and if not, it's floating around the forum. Feel free to give me a shout whenever works this weekend. I'm gonna be freezing my ***** off putting in a dock at the cabin but I'm sure I can find some time to go over a few things with you.

Everyone, have a great and safe weekend!