Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

American market headlamp switch wanted.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: American market headlamp switch wanted.

Sorry steve,should have said run this wire from fuse panel directly into your led lightd.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by ontariobiker
Steve, Yes the Blaze Red is an amazing colour!!! Pop the hood and remove the fuse cover located on Drivers side, its #31 which is close to front, one side of terminal is live w/key . You can tap into this using a male connector, install a inline fuse and run wire directly to fog light, you can splice into this wire under the car,just turn wheels to full right and you can access thru the opening in the wheel well, let me know how you make out.
Awesome advise - worked perfectly just taping into the passenger side of the #31 fuse. There is actually a rubber piece made to run in extra wires on the passenger side of the fuse box for a clean install. I just fed the power wire from the fuse directly to the green wires on the eyebrow lights (which I swapped for a LED wedge style to match my HID set-up) and ran a couple strips of the AUDI style led lights across the top of the headlight assembly as well for my DRL's. Didn't even get the bulb out indicator on the dash.

Thanks for the great tip.

Steve

Old 04-28-2012, 08:00 AM

attention steve dask if you wire your crossfire #31 fuse (cigarette lighter) to the pink wire ,will your fog lights come on when you start your car?

Old 04-28-2012, 08:09 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe that he was trying to get the fogs on upon startup. He wired to LED strips.
He may not see your question here so you may want to send him a Private Message.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by gn1987
attention steve dask if you wire your crossfire #31 fuse (cigarette lighter) to the pink wire ,will your fog lights come on when you start your car?
Assuming the pink wire you are talking about is the positive end to your fogs it might work. The issue I see with wiring your halogen fog lights through the cigarette fuse is the fogs will probably take more power then the lighter fuse is set up for and may blow the fuse.

I wired in very low wattage LED's that take less power than the cig. lighterfuse is made for. Maybe if you are using LED replacement bulbs for your fog lights it would work.

Steve

Old 04-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

It does not fit in this post now, but I think there is a relay inside the DRL Illumination Control Module, read headlamp switch, you can feel and hear a slight click when the car is put into gear on the manual transmission cars, I am not sure when the click comes on auto trannies.

I had both modules at one time but chickened out of taking them apart. I am going to ply SparkieSRT6 with drink one day and get him to do it.

When you study the ICM you can see that there is a section of it that looks like you can unclip and slide out. These parts have the two different part numbers on them for the whole unit. I suspect that these parts are the parts that determines if the whole unit becomes a US version or a DTRL version.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-29-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
It does not fit in this post now, but I think there is a relay inside the DRL Illumination Control Module, read headlamp switch, you can feel and hear a slight click when the car is put into gear on the manual transmission cars, I am not sure when the click comes on auto trannies.

I had both modules at one time but chickened out of taking them apart. I am going to ply SparkieSRT6 with drink one day and get him to do it.

When you study the ICM you can see that there is a section of it that looks like you can unclip and slide out. These parts have the two different part numbers on them for the whole unit. I suspect that these parts are the parts that determines if the whole unit becomes a US version or a DTRL version.

I think you are 100% correct. One day I will delve deeper and take apart my US switch and the CDN switch to compare the two. My CDN switch turns on all running lights and headlights full time as soon as you start the car. What I'd like to do is modify my US switch to only turn on the fogs upon start up.
Or I may just keep my US switch as is and install a remote relay to control the fogs the same way without illuminating the "lamp out" indicator. For now, I'll just keep the LED's as the DRL's to see how they stand up to the elements over time.