Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Twin Turbo News!!!

Old 11-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Twin Turbo News!!!

Originally Posted by dynamicS
what ever happened to this thread, seems it died out.
Take a guess ! It didn't work, they couldn't figure out how to get the ECU FMU EMU to cooperate and they didn't have enough money to pay someone to fix it !!! So, they just dropped off the forum like lots of other people who had wild dreams about turning the Crossfire into a rocket ship...

Old 02-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afws04
ENOUGH!!!

I love how this has turned into a forum for arguing about headers, ecu's and peoples age...

1st - No kidding it would take two years to work out all the bugs, how long do you think I've been working on this? Read the initial post bud, I've been at it for the last two years and we are nearing completion, that's why NOW I'm involving you instead of having posted this two years ago.

2nd - I don't want you guys to sign your damned life away on this, as I've said MANY TIMES NOW to you (who evidently don't bother to read what has been posted before responding) I am merely asking who is INTERESTED here and would be willing to purchase IF a fully operational kit was produced with in the price range here.

3rd - I never said the kit would be $2,500. I said it would RANGE from $2,500 to $4,000 but that $2,500 was my goal.

4th - DynamicS, I do realize your concerns here. We're not building a 1,200 hp Supra though bud, we're running 5-6 lbs of boost through two VERY SMALL turbochargers. I've already gone over everything you listed for the last two years. This kit will come with everything needed to build a daily driven, twin turbo Crossfire with an engine tuned within the parameters that will ensure a long life for it.

5th - No matter how you look at the situation, yes a twin turbo setup on any car will diminish engine life. Even on stock cars. This is the price you pay for having a rare, unique car that tears EVO's apart on your lunch break runs. I am merely trying to produce a feasible kit that will be fairly simple and fairly cheap. The kit itself, while warrantied to an extent, WILL OF COURSE VOID THE WARRANTY ON YOUR CROSSFIRE. This is something you should all know through common sense that just like the Crossfire itself, the kit is another money pit. But you all have been asking for it, and now that you have you're too worried about your wallets. I'm saving your wallets more than you could ever hope for in the first place, and giving you the biggest hp boost you could have for the money BY FAR.

6th - No, the turbo setup will not take two years to complete, as I said before (once again, read what I've written before you respond DynamicS), we are looking at completing this in sixty days or less. I am still in the process of building a website (as I've also written before) with all of the products used and specs, along with photos. As soon as I have that up and running (1 - 2 weeks) I will let you all know and then I'll prepare myself for the onslaught of bit*hing and complaining.
so its been three months, do you have anything yet?

Old 02-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A great deal of progress has been made and all rights have been signed over to Aiden Designs of Salt Lake City, Utah. Please refer to the new thread under the Crossfire Coupe section.
I apologize for my previous comments and am not associated with Aiden Designs in any way, please direct all questions in regards to the kit to them from this point on and they will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:27 PM

wow, no news for three months and i ask on the exact day they decide to post, that's crazy.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so when will they start posting some pictures, stop teasing us and show us the goods!

Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by afws04
A great deal of progress has been made and all rights have been signed over to Aiden Designs of Salt Lake City, Utah. Please refer to the new thread under the Crossfire Coupe section.
I apologize for my previous comments and am not associated with Aiden Designs in any way, please direct all questions in regards to the kit to them from this point on and they will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.
What new thread?

Old 02-20-2007, 08:37 PM

found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPfWthtMJ2s. not sure if it has anything to do with the twin turbo package they are getting everyone excited about.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 PM

360 hp, sounds good to me, if they price is right they might sway me from turning my car in when the lease is up.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Banned

CrossfireForum.org,

We have been contacted by the individuals that shot the film featured on www.youtube.com (also featured on www.AidenDesigns.com for download) regarding the Aiden Designs / Startech Crossfire which utilizes the modified 3.8 S engine. Though Styleprojekt appreciates the inquiries as to the ownership of Aiden Designs and the turbo setup, we would like to request that all further inquiries are directed to www.AidenDesigns.com or to JoshuaJackson@AidenDesigns.com. Thank you for your understanding.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Aiden Designs
CrossfireForum.org,

We have been contacted by the individuals that shot the film featured on www.youtube.com (also featured on www.AidenDesigns.com for download) regarding the Aiden Designs / Startech Crossfire which utilizes the modified 3.8 S engine. Though Styleprojekt appreciates the inquiries as to the ownership of Aiden Designs and the turbo setup, we would like to request that all further inquiries are directed to www.AidenDesigns.com or to JoshuaJackson@AidenDesigns.com. Thank you for your understanding.
the 3.8 has 360 hp? i thought it was like 260 or something.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:17 AM
RPM

Originally Posted by Aiden Designs
the Aiden Designs / Startech Crossfire which utilizes the modified 3.8 S engine.
Um, 3.8 S engine - please explain.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
I believe it's a stroker kit for the 3.2L motor, but way overpriced last time I checked it out from startech.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
These are upgrade kits from startech:

The STARTECH high-performance brake system with six-piston aluminum fixed calipers and 355-mm vented and cross-drilled discs on the front axle and 300-mm discs with four-piston aluminum fixed calipers in rear guarantees maximum stopping power and endurance.

The coupe is normally powered by a 3.2-liter V6 engine with 218 hp / 160 kW. STARTECH offers four levels of tuning for the Crossfire. The STARTECH ST6 performance kit with two sport camshafts and custom valve springs increases power output of the six-cylinder to 233 hp / 171 kW. An added metal catalysts system and the STARTECH sport rear muffler turn this kit into the STARTECH ST6 S performance kit with 243 hp / 179 kW at 5,800 rpm.

STARTECH also offers the proven method of increasing performance by increasing displacement for the Crossfire. In addition to the STARTECH 3.8 increased-displacement engine with 280 hp / 206 kW STARTECH offers the STARTECH 3.8 S engine, which represents the top end of the STARTECH lineup.

A custom crankshaft with longer stroke, precision-balanced piston rods, larger pistons and an increased bore facilitate the displacement increase to 3.8 liters. In addition the cylinder heads are precision-machined and fitted with custom STARTECH camshafts. High-performance metal catalysts, a sport rear muffler and precise calibration of the engine electronics complete the extensive engine conversion.

The STARTECH 3.8 S increased-displacement engine runs silky smooth and produces low emissions, while at the same time delivering exceptional performance: Rated power output increases from standard 218 hp / 160 kW to 300 hp / 220 kW at 5,750 rpm. Even more important for increased driving fun is the improved elasticity through an increase in torque: The STARTECH 3.8 S engine produces a peak torque of 395 Nm.

Performance of the tuned coupe is on a correspondingly high level: Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h takes just 5.9 seconds, top speed is 271 km/h.

The fully stainless-steel STARTECH sport rear muffler is also available without engine tuning.

6.1 liters displacement from eight cylinders, 426 hp / 313 kW maximum power output, a peak torque of 621 Nm, 0 - 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds and a top speed of 300 km/h: STARTECH offers an American muscle car made in Germany in the form of the STARTECH Coupe V8 6.1.

The engine bay of the new coupe turned out to be large enough to accommodate the STARTECH V8 6.1 increased-displacement engine, albeit after some modifications. Power is transferred to the rear axle via an electronically controlled five-speed automatic transmission and a custom-developed locking differential.

The STARTECH V8 6.1 engine delivers 426 hp / 313 kW at 5,400 rpm and produces a gigantic peak torque of 621 Nm at 4,100 rpm. Thus equipped the two-seater coupe turns into a purebred sports car with extreme performance potential: The STARTECH Coupe V8 6.1 takes just 4.7 seconds to accelerate from 0 - 100 km/h. Top speed is 300 km/h.

I better site this: http://www.startech.de/p13e.htm

Last edited by psuperti; 02-21-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:06 PM

x-ed the STARTECH 3.8 S has 300 HP.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by psuperti
These are upgrade kits from startech:

The STARTECH high-performance brake system with six-piston aluminum fixed calipers and 355-mm vented and cross-drilled discs on the front axle and 300-mm discs with four-piston aluminum fixed calipers in rear guarantees maximum stopping power and endurance.

The coupe is normally powered by a 3.2-liter V6 engine with 218 hp / 160 kW. STARTECH offers four levels of tuning for the Crossfire. The STARTECH ST6 performance kit with two sport camshafts and custom valve springs increases power output of the six-cylinder to 233 hp / 171 kW. An added metal catalysts system and the STARTECH sport rear muffler turn this kit into the STARTECH ST6 S performance kit with 243 hp / 179 kW at 5,800 rpm.

STARTECH also offers the proven method of increasing performance by increasing displacement for the Crossfire. In addition to the STARTECH 3.8 increased-displacement engine with 280 hp / 206 kW STARTECH offers the STARTECH 3.8 S engine, which represents the top end of the STARTECH lineup.

A custom crankshaft with longer stroke, precision-balanced piston rods, larger pistons and an increased bore facilitate the displacement increase to 3.8 liters. In addition the cylinder heads are precision-machined and fitted with custom STARTECH camshafts. High-performance metal catalysts, a sport rear muffler and precise calibration of the engine electronics complete the extensive engine conversion.

The STARTECH 3.8 S increased-displacement engine runs silky smooth and produces low emissions, while at the same time delivering exceptional performance: Rated power output increases from standard 218 hp / 160 kW to 300 hp / 220 kW at 5,750 rpm. Even more important for increased driving fun is the improved elasticity through an increase in torque: The STARTECH 3.8 S engine produces a peak torque of 395 Nm.

Performance of the tuned coupe is on a correspondingly high level: Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h takes just 5.9 seconds, top speed is 271 km/h.

The fully stainless-steel STARTECH sport rear muffler is also available without engine tuning.

6.1 liters displacement from eight cylinders, 426 hp / 313 kW maximum power output, a peak torque of 621 Nm, 0 - 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds and a top speed of 300 km/h: STARTECH offers an American muscle car made in Germany in the form of the STARTECH Coupe V8 6.1.

The engine bay of the new coupe turned out to be large enough to accommodate the STARTECH V8 6.1 increased-displacement engine, albeit after some modifications. Power is transferred to the rear axle via an electronically controlled five-speed automatic transmission and a custom-developed locking differential.

The STARTECH V8 6.1 engine delivers 426 hp / 313 kW at 5,400 rpm and produces a gigantic peak torque of 621 Nm at 4,100 rpm. Thus equipped the two-seater coupe turns into a purebred sports car with extreme performance potential: The STARTECH Coupe V8 6.1 takes just 4.7 seconds to accelerate from 0 - 100 km/h. Top speed is 300 km/h.

I better site this: http://www.startech.de/p13e.htm
And the Price breakdown for these bundles of joy are...???

Old 02-21-2007, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by maximussquid
And the Price breakdown for these bundles of joy are...???
you don't really want to know the price, your better off selling your crossfire and buying a used Carrera S.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:44 PM

WOW Maxwell that bad huh? LOL doesn't sound like you are joking either! I researched Renntechs top package for the Xfire as well. 22K for 404 horse at crank and 395 ft lbs. If its more of a nose bleed than that, then of course they can pass and I will keep saving for my Kleemann mod! Has psuperti had any of these mods done?

I went to his site and saw what he had on his Xfire so don't know what to think. Is startech and Aiden designs working together on this project?

IF anyone knows please post!

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned

CrossfireForum.org,

We utilized a modified 3.8 S. And yes we are working with Startech in an attempt to bring their fine products to the United States in a more affordable manner than previously. As more information becomes available in regard to this matter we will be sure to inform you.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:09 PM

I like the rims on the Startech's.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by maximussquid
WOW Maxwell that bad huh? LOL doesn't sound like you are joking either! I researched Renntechs top package for the Xfire as well. 22K for 404 horse at crank and 395 ft lbs. If its more of a nose bleed than that, then of course they can pass and I will keep saving for my Kleemann mod! Has psuperti had any of these mods done?

I went to his site and saw what he had on his Xfire so don't know what to think. Is startech and Aiden designs working together on this project?

IF anyone knows please post!

Thanks.
No I have not purchased any startech kits. But I started a group buy one time and decided to wait for aiden designs or Thomas Knight's super charger.
I remembered that a startech person said that most of the kits were only available in person (no shipping of any kind). Also the most simple 20+- hp kit was over 3k.
Here is some info from that old group buy I did:
STARTECH ST6 performance kit Group buy - 11-02-2006 , 11:49 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STARTECH ST6 performance kit - their site is: http://www.startech.de/homee.htm

This is a group buy on a 15 HP performance kit from startech. It includes two things 1- special camshafts 2- special valve springs. These are not found in the US and they are very expensive and most likely have to be installed by the MB dealer.
THIS KIT IS FOR THE BASE AND LIMITED XFIRE! It is the most affordable kit they have, the ST6 and ST6 S kits are the only ones startech will ship to the US at this time, so please don't ask about the other kits. Also they are over 12k.

Here is their reply to me with the price:

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your e-mail. Attached please find details to the kit.

List price of the kit is : 2.600,00 Euro ($3,320.00 US Dollars).

For an order of 5 - 9 : 15 % Discount $2,822.

For an order of 10 or more : 20 % Discount $2,656.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Christoph
STARTECH by CRD
Car Research & Development GmbH and Co. KG
member of the BRABUS Group
i.A. Christoph Dietze
Vertrieb Export / Export Sales

T: +49 (0) 2041 777 517
F: +49 (0) 2041 777 111
M: +49 (0) 172 342 1284
E: christoph.dietze@brabus.com

Last edited by psuperti; 02-22-2007 at 11:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo News!!!