Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Twin Turbo News!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Twin Turbo News!!!

Originally Posted by Infinite
i already knew about that. they really need unused new gaskets, so they can get all of the water passages right and to get the base thickness of the gasket.
i dont really wanna know how much gaskets from mb are if a filter is 35 dollars lol
I'm sorry lol.. I'm just very excited that somebody is actually working on a turbo setup instead of buying an srt ( ) and I really want to see it happen. I'd like to do whatever I can to help, or just generally be a part of it because I'm dreaming of doing it myself but I have my mustang to finish first.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

i already knew about that. they really need unused new gaskets, so they can get all of the water passages right and to get the base thickness of the gasket.
i dont really wanna know how much gaskets from mb are if a filter is 35 dollars lol
Gaskets aren't too bad for this car. Not as cheap as say a SBC but they're not 100 a pop either so see what they can come up with. Would be nice to have another option for these cars.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well trust me, I welcome any and all input, other than buy an srt. lol
I went to mercedes, 60 for vc gaskets, I might ask tomorrow about headgaskets. hell maybe i can buy them, have cometic prototype some and then return the merc gaskets, lol.

The only thing im still not sure about are the head bolts.

Oh rudy, do you by chance have any srt6 intake manifolds laying around?
I had a stroke of genius about the intercooler setup and how to get around routing intercooler piping to the front of the car and back

Old 03-09-2010, 03:48 PM

well trust me, I welcome any and all input, other than buy an srt. lol
I went to mercedes, 60 for vc gaskets, I might ask tomorrow about headgaskets. hell maybe i can buy them, have cometic prototype some and then return the merc gaskets, lol.

The only thing im still not sure about are the head bolts.

Oh rudy, do you by chance have any srt6 intake manifolds laying around?
I had a stroke of genius about the intercooler setup and how to get around routing intercooler piping to the front of the car and back
I do have a set of the upper plenums if that is what you are referring to but if you're thinking you can just flip them side to side and turn them around, I've looked at doing that to do a FMIC setup and the holes wouldn't match up.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:00 PM

i need the complete set. I noticed the holes wouldnt line up, but for the sake of broadening everyones horizons, im not adverse to drilling/welding, lol.

My plan was to install them srt-6 style, mount a custom air-to-water in the stock location, make a custom elbow for the throttle body to place it near stock location/orientation and run the intercooler piping similar to the stock instake tubes.

I was going to get rid of the stock fan, and install a pusher fan in front of the radiator, along with a hardwired ic pump and heat exchanger. The turbos would mount in front of the motor behind the radiator. I'll try to doodle up a drawing later

Old 03-09-2010, 04:06 PM

I like where you're going with this. If you lost the AC and put in an electric hydraulic pump for the PS, you'd have all the room in the world for the exhaust manifolds to wrap around to the front. I have a spare front engine/timing chain cover if you want to start mocking stuff up. You'd need to loose the AIR pump mounting tab to get at the front of the engine but I think you'd gain a lot by routing it in the manner you're talking about. One thing I'd stay away from if possible though is stuffing anything too deep in the "V" of the block that has air running through it. You'd be able to fit one heck of a nice sized water air IC in there though. Feed in through the top, drop through it and come out the bottom. I like it alot. Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do to help.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:13 PM

well, I have some pimp nasa type heat rejecting insulation, I'd line the v of the motor with it, as well as the intercooler.

I might lose the ac, as i never use it anyways. ever

I looked at the ps pump and the resi is movable, so with that out of the way I think i'll have tons of room. If i get a custom upper ac hardline it might even be possible to keep it.
I plan on ditching the air pump anyways, It would make tuning an absolute *****, giving false lean readings and what not.

I had figured out how to run intercooler piping to a Front mount, but the piping would be so long, 6ft or so each side, that it would be horribly laggy. The air to water idea I thought up just makes everything much simpler.