Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 08-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
...So I get home uninstall the sprint booster and take the car for another spin and everything's back to normal so I guess the sprint boosters the problem. I hope that they will exchange this one or have some kind of solution for the problem
Glad to know that it is not the car!!! Surely they will exchange it since they have been so good to work with us on this. Looks like you are the only one to have a problem so far...guess I passed my usual bad luck on to you this time, cause it's usually me that has something go wrong. Keep us posted and I'm sure Paul will keep us up on news from Boulekos.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got back from a drive, ten take off's on the floor and twelve times at highway speed and stepped on the kick down from 55 - 65 - 70 - 75 and 80 MPH, I know that is 5 times but the rest were because I was having fun. I experienced no problems what so ever.
iamfink2 - does it de-rate the throttle anytime you hit the kick down switch? Like from a stand still or just when you are at highway speed? The best way for Mr. Boulekos to know what is happening is info, also look on the part and get the number on the tag that is attached to the cable. I sure am sorry bud, I am usually the "one in a million" that gets the whatever that doesn't work correctly.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PAULW
I just got back from a drive, ten take off's on the floor and twelve times at highway speed and stepped on the kick down from 55 - 65 - 70 - 75 and 80 MPH, I know that is 5 times but the rest were because I was having fun. I experienced no problems what so ever.
iamfink2 - does it de-rate the throttle anytime you hit the kick down switch? Like from a stand still or just when you are at highway speed? The best way for Mr. Boulekos to know what is happening is info, also look on the part and get the number on the tag that is attached to the cable. I sure am sorry bud, I am usually the "one in a million" that gets the whatever that doesn't work correctly.
When I've started from a stop with the pedal to the floor on the kick down switch there is no problem, but when I'm going 45-55-65 and push the pedal to the floor on the kick down switch for some reason it disables the accelerator. The engine still is running but the accelerator won't respond. The number on the booster is BDD 451A.

Old 08-14-2006, 06:31 AM

I did not hear from Stamatis today but just remembered they are on vacation from 8/12/06 to 08/27/06. Bummer.. This was an email from 7/29/06...

Der Mr Werner,

There are two Versions for MB. One is for automatic transmission models and one version is for manual transmission models. The part for manual transmission can only be installed in manual cars ,the part for automatic can be installed in automatic cars but also can be used in manual cars as a ''lighter'' version if someone wants the acceleration less sharp than the ''sharper'' manual version .

I would also like to inform you that our company will be closed from 12 to 27 August due to summer holidays.

Best Regards,

Stamatis Boulekos

Old 08-14-2006, 06:07 PM

Well, even on vacation he answered me!!! Here is his response and question, please let me know.
Paul

-----Original Message-----
To: rowdy00@aol.com
Sent: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 5:34 AM
Subject: Re: Sprint Booster

Mr Werner,

I'd like you to tell me the exact problems with each Sprint Booster (how many do you have with such problems?).

I want to know if in all cases the problems appear after you press the kick down switch or you have cases that the accelerator won't respond right after the installation.
Also, I'd like you to provide me the models details (year, engine).

In case of defective part(s) we are going to replace them with new parts.

The procedure will have to be done after 28/08/2006 because until then our company will be closed for summer holidays.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Stamatis Boulekos

Old 08-14-2006, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by PAULW
Mr Werner,

I'd like you to tell me the exact problems with each Sprint Booster (how many do you have with such problems?).

I want to know if in all cases the problems appear after you press the kick down switch or you have cases that the accelerator won't respond right after the installation.
Also, I'd like you to provide me the models details (year, engine).

In case of defective part(s) we are going to replace them with new parts.

The procedure will have to be done after 28/08/2006 because until then our company will be closed for summer holidays.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Stamatis Boulekos
It happens after reaching cruising speed 45 mph or more. And pressing the accelerator to the floor. Pressing down on the kick down switch then within 2 seconds the accelerator becomes disabled. Engine still running but only at idle.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited Roadster
Engine - 3.2
Trans - 5 speed auto

Last edited by Iamfink2; 08-14-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:08 AM

I just got back from my first ride after installing my sprint booster - First off my kick-down works fine. I gotta tell you I don't know what makes that thing tick but it's kick-***. Before I installed this I use to feel as if I had a four banger. I know just reset the computer but after a few hundred miles it was back to the same old slow take-off. After installing this, it feels like a V-8 at low speeds and take-off. This is the best $280.00 I've spent on my car. I'll write back after a few hundred miles to let you know if it gets sluggish. I'm thinking it won't because I did not reset the computer after the install.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:21 PM
sbj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The final price was $280.00 for the booster including shipping etc. etc.?

Old 08-17-2006, 01:33 AM
sbj

Is there anyone in the South Florida area, or anywhere in Florida who has a sprintbooster on there crossfire. If it isn't too much, I would not mind trying one of these out for real. If you have the auto trans it is even better since mine is an auto. You can always drive mine for comparison.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi sorry I'm just getting caught up on this whole thing. This question might be stupid and answered previously but was $280 the group price or where can I get it for that price? Once again I'm sorry I have been reading and got to about page 8 and decided to skip to the end to see where I can get one thanks again.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:58 PM
sbj

How much do these magnet pickup tools cost, and where can I pick one up? Pepboys or any other store automotive store would be an easy place to start.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sbj
How much do these magnet pickup tools cost, and where can I pick one up? Pepboys or any other store automotive store would be an easy place to start.
Any good auto parts store should have them. The one I have has a pretty large magnet (almost the size of the washer itself) which didn't make it any easier to get it out. I ended up using a couple of jeweler's screwdrivers to lift the washer out. If you get a retrieval tool, get one that will reach down to the washer.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by sbj
Bought mine at the local auto parts store for $7.95. Its about the same diameter as a pencil.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:39 PM

I just took the under dash panel out, its two pieced and there is only two Phillips head screws holding it in.
Then I removed the panel on the side of the console, next to the gas pedal, just one plastic phillips screw holding on the vent piece and one regular phillips screw holding on the panel.
With those removed, I just stuck my hand back there and unplugged the gas pedal and installed the sprint booster.
The whole job only took me 10 min tops, but I'm used to taking cars interiors apart, I do it for a living.

The Sprint Booster works good!
Its a bit touchy though, just a little press of the gas pedal and it snaps your head back if your not careful, a least in my SRT it does and I kept chirping the tires around corners by accident.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 AM
sbj

Lol. How touchy is the sprintbooster on the auto limited? I hope its not as touchy my pita ex. I am pretty close to buying one, but I don't feel like going through the garage door when the door is still closed.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by sbj
Lol how touchy is the sprintbooster on the auto limited? I hope its not as touchy my pita ex. I am pretty close to buying one, but I don't feel like going through the garage door when the door is still closed.
That is up to ones description of touchy. It is quick !

Old 08-18-2006, 01:47 PM
sbj

Is it overall better than before? If the answer is yes, I am going to buy one.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:50 PM

There is no comparison, As I stated in my review it is like it has mechanical linkage instead of " Drive by Wire ". There is no lag what so ever.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:55 PM
sbj

Would you change it back if you wanted to?

Old 08-18-2006, 01:57 PM
sbj

With this I need to see it to feel it to believe it. I guess I will have to buy it for that to happen.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!