Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 10-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Kinda saddens me seeing this.. and I'm not the meat in the sandwich here.. LOL. I just plan ahead.. 1/2 second is about all you need.. but I will admit I'm toying with the idea of one..

Old 10-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if a sprint booster would work on my wife....she has a lot of hesitation.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ZX2 Nick
Being an ASE certified technician is worth something. I respect that.
I'm not an ASE certified technician but I'm not some uninformed dufus spouting crap, I completely understand how the Sprint booster works and what it does.
I agree that if I installed a Sprint Booster the interface between pedal and throttle blade would be different, more responsive.
I know what throttle response is and what it should be, how a car should feel. I also know what a hesitation or lag is in a Crossfire or other car. It's an annoying drivability issue that people take cars into a dealerships or independent shops to get fixed quite often.
My car does not have any built in hesitation or lag. It does not have any hesitation or lag attributable to wear and tear conditions or non maintenance or the like.
My has just over 40,000 miles on, and is a well maintained Spring-Summer-Fall only car. It has summer (3 season tires) It will be in the garage in just a few weeks.

Why did you do injectors on the car?, it must have pretty high mileage to actually need new injectors. I'm sure the results were good if you did injectors, intake (which I'm assuming is a CAI to replace the engine top box) and tune done all at the same time.
You also have no evidence proving which of the components or the tune, cured any legitimate drivability issue that may have been present on the car initially.
We can assume it was the Sprint Booster.
The throttle response experienced in Crossfire has nothing to do with maintenance or mileage. If you can't feel the "lag" is there a chance you might have a spring booster installed without knowing about it? The old one was not adjustable, meaning when it was installed you would not know it's there unless you go looking for it.
Aside from that this bickering back and forth is getting old. Comparing a 2005 stock to an SRT-6 in a drag race is simply silly and doesn't lead to anything. What are we 14 years old??
This is a car forum and not meant for silliness! If you don't have a throttle lag you either have a SB installed or you don't know what the lag really feels like - no other explanation as that and highly simple. Even if someone knew no technicalities about the spring booster and what it does to the car, it would be a noticeable difference to said person when trying a car with and without SB! My 2 cents! Take it or leave...

Old 10-06-2014, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by whoosh
I wonder if a sprint booster would work on my wife....she has a lot of hesitation.

Sprint Booster installer.. guaranteed all hesitation is gone.. LOL..

Old 10-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Listen here Cher . . . and listen good. Or read this again. Either way. And quit calling me Sonny.
I'm not backtracking though maybe you should. Go back and read what I've said earlier you dolt. Your keyboarding hands are writing checks that your brain can't cash. Maybe the Ethyl you've been pumping all their years has addled your gray matter. Something has.

Your as confused as a blind lesbian in a fish market. Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it ever so much more rapidly.

Did you for forget where you said that "there is a hesitation as it is built into the programming of the car.", and I said "That is a complete falsehood, a non factual statement." I also said "Stating that there is a built in hesitation is not true, plain and simple"? well you should, I remember it and it still applies. Do you work for or sell Sprint Booster? I ain't steering no folks wrong neither old-timer. As Jack Nicholson said: "you can't handle the truth".
I never said it does not do something, it does something that you don't have a good understanding of.

I'm no politician though I do like cake. Actually it won't be "any time any place." It will be someplace, but not someplace west of the Mississippi or Alaska for instance.
And you say you're not going anywhere?
How will that work, those are opposites and you just said them? Look up Cognitive dissonance.

Until spring keep in mind that your still going get crushed like a bag of circus peanuts.
Try to form a good mental image of that, or look it up online. It will keep you stoked.
Nick,

do you know what "PLC" refers to? I'll be happy to tell you. It's Programmable Logic Control. The throttle plate in all modern cars is driven by a stepper motor. The speed at which it opens (pulses/degree/second) is different between manufacturers and even between models.
Mercedes is well-known as having a very cautious approach on this. If you ask a BMW enthusiast what he thinks of the SB, he will laugh-BMW has a very aggressive program for it.
So, in closing, MB does have a "built-in" lag. It's just slow.

Now that you've offended one of our oldest (in more ways than one) members, and a dammed fine man, Shuddup.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Nick,

do you know what "PLC" refers to? I'll be happy to tell you. It's Programmable Logic Control. The throttle plate in all modern cars is driven by a stepper motor. The speed at which it opens (pulses/degree/second) is different between manufacturers and even between models.
Mercedes is well-known as having a very cautious approach on this. If you ask a BMW enthusiast what he thinks of the SB, he will laugh-BMW has a very aggressive program for it.

Now that you've offended one of our oldest (in more ways than one) members, and a dammed fine man, Shuddup.

Tell us how you really feel!!

Old 10-07-2014, 07:21 AM

Who? Me? Or Nick?

Old 10-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Sprint Booster installer.. guaranteed all hesitation is gone.. LOL..

Amen!!!! Greg...couldn't have "put" it "in" a better way!!!...Carl

Old 10-08-2014, 12:12 AM

Who? Me? Or Nick?

I meant that for you. I thought your reply was a great one, after a good explanation about the lag and a reference to one of the more respected members, I thought the shaddup pretty much put an exclamation point to it. good for you.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:44 PM

Thanks. I was feeling my oats right then...

Old 10-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Nick,

You don't seem to have read any of this admittedly silly back and forth where I said what you're saying so here goes. Yeah really, no ****. The OE drive by wire calibration is much softer than the Sprint booster calibration. Wonders will never cease.
A built in lag would be a movement of the peddle with no corresponding movement of the throttle blade. That does not happen. Ever. Not once.
So, in closing, MB does not have a "built-in" lag. It's just slower to open the throttle.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nickwe21
The throttle response experienced in Crossfire has nothing to do with maintenance or mileage. If you can't feel the "lag" is there a chance you might have a spring booster installed without knowing about it? The old one was not adjustable, meaning when it was installed you would not know it's there unless you go looking for it.
Aside from that this bickering back and forth is getting old. Comparing a 2005 stock to an SRT-6 in a drag race is simply silly and doesn't lead to anything. What are we 14 years old??
This is a car forum and not meant for silliness! If you don't have a throttle lag you either have a SB installed or you don't know what the lag really feels like - no other explanation as that and highly simple. Even if someone knew no technicalities about the spring booster and what it does to the car, it would be a noticeable difference to said person when trying a car with and without SB! My 2 cents! Take it or leave...
Comparing a 2005 stock to an SRT-6 in a drag race is simply silly and doesn't lead to anything, I agree he would dust me big-time. On a road course a car that should be slower (on paper) has never beaten a faster (on paper) as I'm sure you know. Never happened. Unheard of.
Cars optimized for 1/4 mile work do just fine on a road course, who does'n know that.

There is no SB installed on my car neither is there any lag in pedal application to throttle blade movement.
It's simply not there, this lag you and others say you experience. A built in lag would be a movement of the peddle with no corresponding movement of the throttle blade. That does not happen. Ever.
Saying it does happen is not a statement of fact. If you confuse a lag with a with a softer drive by wire calibration (than the SB has) then . . . I don't know what to tell you except that you're wrong.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:26 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what to tell you except that you're wrong.

So....he's WRONG and you're RIGHT !!! Seems to be the trend in every one of your posts.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

"So, in closing, MB does not have a "built-in" lag. It's just slower to open the throttle."

Lag means slow response, therefore, a number of Crossfires have lag in the throttle or hesitation causing a slow response when stepping on the gas. Some of those Crossfire owners corrected the issue by installing a SB and I assume are happy with this fix. I know I am. So why the F'n argument.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:31 PM

I'm going with "built in".. as they could have just as easily removed it..

Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bill F
"So, in closing, MB does not have a "built-in" lag. It's just slower to open the throttle."

Lag means slow response, therefore, a number of Crossfires have lag in the throttle or hesitation causing a slow response when stepping on the gas. Some of those Crossfire owners corrected the issue by installing a SB and I assume are happy with this fix. I know I am. So why the F'n argument.
Methinks it may be his nature.

Nick, could you please look up the definition of "Pedantic"?

Thanks, Out.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bill F

Methinks it may be his nature.

Nick, could you please look up the definition of "Pedantic"?

Thanks, Out.

To be fair: I don't presently have one installed on my CF. I had an original for a while, but it was...touchy.
$300? Lots of $$ for what it IS, but not too much for what it DOES.

IMHO. Eh, who am I trying to kid. There's nothing humble about me. Ask around.

Last edited by maxcichon; 10-09-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

question to all sb experts. do you still have to occasionally do throttle resets. i have a sb on modded 6. sometimes to do because i dont drive the car aggessively unless challenged. i know our ecu memorizes driving habits and yes i have from eurocharged. once i do a reset theres a change still.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by austinbarrylee
question to all sb experts. do you still have to occasionally do throttle resets. i have a sb on modded 6. sometimes to do because i dont drive the car aggessively unless challenged. i know our ecu memorizes driving habits and yes i have from eurocharged. once i do a reset theres a change still.
Yes, I still do throttle resets regularly in both the XF and our E Class and there is a difference every time...

Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow!!!!! back to the same old bullshi$ , LOL !!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!