Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 08-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Well it eliminated the delayed throttle response and I'm very happy when I step on it and there is no hesitation. Worth every penny to me. The selectable is the best. I waited to do many mods on my car based on the results of many smart Crossfire owner's positive experience. I held off getting into a number of group buys of which many failed or the product was poor. I need to see results before I invest the money. My car performs better with K&N filters, Selectable Sprint Booster and Eurocharged tune. That's is all the performance I need out of my NA Crossfire. Based on my experience, no one can tell me any different.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ZX2 Nick
Sprint Booster - A "Must-have" ! what a complete load of bullshit. All it could possibly do is richen up the fuel or open the throttle up more aggresively than the OE setup. You might get something like 5% more seat of the pants performance.
Actually it does nothing for richening the fuel or making more aggresive throttle response, it just shortens the time it takes for the engine to respond to the gas pedal depression (i.e. reduces the inherent lag in the fly-by-wire). May be feasible for use on the N/As but provides absolutely no power improvement. It just "feels" faster because of the quicker response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Bill F
HaHa, you must not have one.
True. Not needed on the SRT with tune. Money more wisely spent on other performance enhancements. Had one that made the car almost undriveable in normal everyday use after an aggressive tune. Immediately got rid of it.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To the uninformed legitimate information about something they have blind faith in may be problematic, as is the case with you.
Have you looked at their site? have you read about how it works? as they say, in a nutshell, all it does is open the throttle more quickly. It cannot do anything and does nothing at idle, it cannot do anything and does nothing at full throttle, the only thing it does is open the throttle butterfly more, and more quickly, for a given amount of pedal input compared to the EO throttle map.
You may buy into their (Sprintbooster) logic which is The ETC system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire –has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gear changes, overtaking, etc.. For some cars that indeed may be an issue, much more possibly on small turbo power-trains that are in search of MPG as opposed to performance. For the Crossfire that I own and drive their contention simply doesn't apply. I find great correlation between the pedal input and power delivered. Why would I spend $300 to fix a perception, not a reality?
You are right, me and the other several thousand car enthusiasts and engineers that use these on the street and the track and just f*&king idiots, carry on

Old 08-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

For the Crossfire that I own and drive their contention simply doesn't apply. I find great correlation between the pedal input and power delivered. Why would I spend $300 to fix a perception, not a reality?
If it is only a perception, and not a reality, then why did my wife keep slapping me when I had one installed ?
I finally took it off to preserve the marriage.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Sometimes when taking my foot off the gas to shift something burps and the whole drivetrain bounces. Very annoying. Will this fix ?

Old 08-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
If it is only a perception, and not a reality, then why did my wife keep slapping me when I had one installed ?
I finally took it off to preserve the marriage.
I'm not saying it does nothing, what it does is exaggerate (augment) the pedal input at the throttle blade. It opens the throttle blade more for a given pedal input. That is it's only function, it does not and cannot do anything more. It does not make a car faster, it can't. I would think that after some time the driver would get used to this "new" throttle behavior and is essence compensate with their throttle input.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
You are right, me and the other several thousand car enthusiasts and engineers that use these on the street and the track and just f*&king idiots, carry on
I'm not saying it does nothing, what it does is exaggerate (augment) the pedal input at the throttle blade. It opens the throttle blade more for a given pedal input. That is it's only function, it does not and cannot do anything more. It does not make a car faster, it can't. I would think that after some time the driver would get used to this "new" throttle behavior and is essence compensate with their throttle input.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Every one here knows how it works, , let say some like mustard on there hot dogs and some don't that ok , personally I like mustard and ketchup on mine (tune and sprint booster ) now that make it one fun car ,

Old 08-06-2014, 04:56 PM

"Every one here knows how it works", that doesn't seem to be the case, some see it as a "must have" and seem to think of it automotive Panacea and the best thing since sliced bread. As you say to each his own.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Really ,this is a old argument,it been going on for to long, I:m done,moving on

Old 08-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

"Every one here knows how it works", that doesn't seem to be the case, some see it as a "must have" and seem to think of it automotive Panacea and the best thing since sliced bread. As you say to each his own.
Have you ever even put a spring booster into your car and tested the results? Preferably one with the 3 stage adjustment Stock - Improved response - Aggressive response? Just wondering...because if you had instead of throwing big words and specs around you wouldn't be here denying the improvement! Try it or don't I really don't care but it causes a difference as day and night! A different car...

Old 08-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what mode/part# Sprint Booster for 05' SRT6 w/manual trans. ?

Old 08-31-2014, 10:45 AM

Oops! model/part# ?

Old 08-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shanep
Oops! model/part# ?
Here's where you throw your money away...(better applied to a tune!)

Chrysler Boosters

Old 08-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

LMAO...another one that knows more than the rest of us. I run the sprint booster, which does open the throttle up instantly, and does nothing more, and no, regardless of the bullshit conversation here, a tune will not accomplish the same throttle response. If you don't like instant throttle, then don't buy it. The tune will increase HP, and will from perception, eliminate lagging throttle response. Quicker throttle, quicker quarter mile times even if only a 1/10th of a second. The rest here, is just plain bullshit. With the SRT's, it can be a pita if you aren't used to it, but I love it. You just have to learn to be ready for it. I can't say what the difference is in the N/A version, but I would think it would react the same. So, bottom line, if you don't like it, don't buy it, but sure as hell don't talk like it doesn't work or doesn't improve performance. Performance isn't always measured in HP. It can be measured in reaction time. If you don't race, don't buy it. Our tuners are good, but some things can't be tuned out, and movement of your foot wasn't included in my Eurocharged tunes. Jake can't do it all....lol.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:47 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
LMAO...another one that knows more than the rest of us.

And always someone who hasn't even tried one or at the very least rode in a Crossfire equipped with one

Carry on with the nonsense --- THEY DO WORK

Old 08-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a happy camper with my tune which is enhanced with a selectable sprint booster. No one can tell me otherwise. However, don't do it, if you can't afford it. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post807000

Last edited by Bill F; 08-31-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shanep
Does anyone know what mode/part# Sprint Booster for 05' SRT6 w/manual trans. ?
SRT's never came with a manual trans. Period.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:30 AM

Installed a "Sprint Booster" last Monday, it blew my mind when I took it around the block for the first time. The car is bone stock and had a noticeable hesitation at initial throttle all the time. The result of that little gadget has made the car immensely more fun to drive, throttle response is instant which is a big change from before. It does what it says it will do, no question about it. Keep in mind it's a stock car and NO I'm not under the illusion it made any more power, simple throttle response adjustment. I dig it!

Old 10-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by power90801
Installed a "Sprint Booster" last Monday, it blew my mind when I took it around the block for the first time. The car is bone stock and had a noticeable hesitation at initial throttle all the time. The result of that little gadget has made the car immensely more fun to drive, throttle response is instant which is a big change from before. It does what it says it will do, no question about it. Keep in mind it's a stock car and NO I'm not under the illusion it made any more power, simple throttle response adjustment. I dig it!
Now this is the correct response from installing a sprint booster....nice job...

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!