Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 08-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Originally Posted by Gtc2579
Where do I buy this sb from?

Chrysler Boosters

Old 08-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Old thread. Way back when, I bought one from the factory, in Greece if I remember correctly. I need to look that up. My son is in Athens as we speak. lol. Maybe he could smuggle home sprint boosters.... Either way....that little gadget works for getting rid of throttle delay which ever one you buy. My wife still hates the roadster, which means it's still working.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is truly a must have for the Crossfire. I have one on mine. It changes the car completely. The way a sports car should drive.
I may get one for my Porsche Cayenne too.
Anyway, here is a link. Get it on Amazon.

Amazon.com: SPRINT BOOSTER SPRINT BOOSTER CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE SBCY0002s Automatic: Automotive Amazon.com: SPRINT BOOSTER SPRINT BOOSTER CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE SBCY0002s Automatic: Automotive

Old 08-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by knowit
This is truly a must have for the Crossfire.
These are 'truly' a waste of money when you can 'truly' get more HP spending that cash on a tune which provides a more civilized & improved throttle response. Booster adds absolutely no HP and many have complained that the "improved" response is too touchy, bordering on obnoxious, especially on the SRT.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:28 AM

God, I love obnoxious. But, can't argue a good tune either. It isn't for everyone, as my wife will attest. But, it is for me.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

This is truly a must have for the Crossfire. I have one on mine. It changes the car completely. The way a sports car should drive.
I may get one for my Porsche Cayenne too.
Anyway, here is a link. Get it on Amazon.

Amazon.com: SPRINT BOOSTER SPRINT BOOSTER CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE SBCY0002s Automatic: Automotive
I should have gotten one of these for the wife's car before the tune.. would have liked to have tune vrs sprint comparrison .. But i'm really thinking the tune was the best place to have spent the money..

Old 08-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

Well, I should probably change my signature to reflect what my car has done to it. Anyway, I added the Sprint Booster first and loved the new throttle response. We all know this does not add any horsepower. All it does is take out the non linear curve of the throttle mapping and make it linear. Does it feel quicker? Yes. Is it Quicker? Only in reponse. Do I love it? Yes. Does the tune do the same thing? To be honest I do not know. That is a question for the tuner.

Second add was a Eurocharge power tune. Does this add horsepower? Yes. In my opinion having both the tune and the Sprint is the ideal combo. I don't feel I need anything else done. Oh, and I also have the second generation booster that has three settings. Off, medium and race. Medium is perfect. Race is too abrupt and makes the car jerky. Since I bought it I have never taken it out of medium.

So as someone that has both the tune and the booster I like them both. If you only have $300 to play with I would still do the booster first.
More bang for the buck. Again, this is only one mans opinion.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:15 PM

Well, I should probably change my signature to reflect what my car has done to it. Anyway, I added the Sprint Booster first and loved the new throttle response. We all know this does not add any horsepower. All it does is take out the non linear curve of the throttle mapping and make it linear. Does it feel quicker? Yes. Is it Quicker? Only in reponse. Do I love it? Yes. Does the tune do the same thing? To be honest I do not know. That is a question for the tuner.

Second add was a Eurocharge power tune. Does this add horsepower? Yes. In my opinion having both the tune and the Sprint is the ideal combo. I don't feel I need anything else done. Oh, and I also have the second generation booster that has three settings. Off, medium and race. Medium is perfect. Race is too abrupt and makes the car jerky. Since I bought it I have never taken it out of medium.

So as someone that has both the tune and the booster I like them both. If you only have $300 to play with I would still do the booster first.
More bang for the buck. Again, this is only one mans opinion.
I did the same and totally agree!

Old 08-03-2014, 02:17 PM

the old booster is like having it in race mode, and is why most don't like it after the tune. But, I think there are other mods that have to be present for it to be insane. I have the modded mani's so my tune is a little different as well. The hopping you see or hear about is someone being light on the throttle. With it in race mode, you have to be deliberate with the throttle. Either on it, or off it if it starts to hop. The hop is actually your foot causing it. It is that touchy.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

have both, Tune , Booster ,old one like Doc , Love way it runs , and so dose Susan , going on five or six years now with them now, for the NA it only way to go , just my 2 cents LOL

Old 08-04-2014, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
The hopping you see or hear about is someone being light on the throttle. With it in race mode, you have to be deliberate with the throttle. Either on it, or off it if it starts to hop. The hop is actually your foot causing it. It is that touchy.

That makes me wonder if there is one on my SRT.

I still have issues with how touchy the throttle is. And especially in town with stop and go traffic, I just can't seem to be smooth enough with it.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have" ! what a complete load of bullshit. All it could possibly do is richen up the fuel or open the throttle up more aggresively than the OE setup. You might get something like 5% more seat of the pants performance.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ZX2 Nick
Sprint Booster - A "Must-have" ! what a complete load of bullshit. All it could possibly do is richen up the fuel or open the throttle up more aggresively than the OE setup. You might get something like 5% more seat of the pants performance.

HaHa, you must not have one.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bill F
HaHa, you must not have one.
I wouldn't even consider "having one", any idiot that wants one could go eBay and get the same type of garbage for less. And it would be worth every penny, as long as it's under $20. As I said all it can do is add to the perception of more power by intercepting and changing the signal between the throttle and ECU to richen up the fuel curve or make the T/B open more quickly.
$300, the jokes on you.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZX2 Nick
I wouldn't even consider "having one", any idiot that wants one could go eBay and get the same type of garbage for less. And it would be worth every penny, as long as it's under $20. As I said all it can do is add to the perception of more power by intercepting and changing the signal between the throttle and ECU to richen up the fuel curve or make the T/B open more quickly.
$300, the jokes on you.
Interesting, we have had several electrical engineers on here try to duplicate the sprint booster over the last few years, all said similar things to you, 'it can be done for pennies compared to the SB' and none have done it.

Until you drive one with a SB, please keep your comments to yourself, because you sound very uninformed. Those of us who have been using these for years stand behind them, check the MB forums, same thing.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Interesting, we have had several electrical engineers on here try to duplicate the sprint booster over the last few years, all said similar things to you, 'it can be done for pennies compared to the SB' and none have done it.

Until you drive one with a SB, please keep your comments to yourself, because you sound very uninformed. Those of us who have been using these for years stand behind them, check the MB forums, same thing.
Good to see you stopping in! One of us.. or both.. have been to busy lately.. LOL. Your opinion I would put stock in.. Worth the money even with a tune? Wife was interested in one for her car.. and we do things together.. LOL.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=Until you drive one with a SB, please keep your comments to yourself, because you sound very uninformed. Those of us who have been using these for years stand behind them, check the MB forums, same thing.[/QUOTE]

To the uninformed legitimate information about something they have blind faith in may be problematic, as is the case with you.
Have you looked at their site? have you read about how it works? as they say, in a nutshell, all it does is open the throttle more quickly. It cannot do anything and does nothing at idle, it cannot do anything and does nothing at full throttle, the only thing it does is open the throttle butterfly more, and more quickly, for a given amount of pedal input compared to the EO throttle map.
You may buy into their (Sprintbooster) logic which is The ETC system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire –has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gear changes, overtaking, etc.. For some cars that indeed may be an issue, much more possibly on small turbo power-trains that are in search of MPG as opposed to performance. For the Crossfire that I own and drive their contention simply doesn't apply. I find great correlation between the pedal input and power delivered. Why would I spend $300 to fix a perception, not a reality?

Old 08-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Wow! Someones taking a beating and it's not me.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-05-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Wow! Someones taking a beating and it's not me.

Dreams do come true huh 180! LOL

Old 08-05-2014, 05:26 PM

^^^^^ ebay

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!