Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

New to the site Paulw...I just read this whole thread, wow, I am tired...so can you still get a booster for under 300 bucks or not....Doc

Old 04-01-2008, 04:33 PM
TVT_DESIGN

We can do 315 shipped!

www.tvtdesign.com

Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what the SB does, I've had a Manual SB way before TVT starting selling them, and I've read ALL the threads, but can anyone compare the Auto SB to the Manual SB?
I have a manual tranny and I know I can use both.
If a scale of 1 to 10 is used (1 being no SB, and 10 being a Manual SB), where would the Auto SB lie - anybody know (no guessing would be appreciated)?

Old 04-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spensley
I know what the SB does, I've had a Manual SB way before TVT starting selling them, and I've read ALL the threads, but can anyone compare the Auto SB to the Manual SB?
I have a manual tranny and I know I can use both.
If a scale of 1 to 10 is used (1 being no SB, and 10 being a Manual SB), where would the Auto SB lie - anybody know (no guessing would be appreciated)?
yes, Like you I've owned both. and the manual was too agressive, then I bought the auto thinking it would be softer, nope it also was very agressive for the 6 speed car, I just didn't like the twitchy feel of the automatic, so I sold it.
the only one left for testing is the AMG SRT6 SB, it has to be tamed down because the power from those cars would be unmanagably with the standard SB. I've yet to be impresed by the sprint booster products, and I can't bring myself to drop $315 on the srt6 version. heck for another $100 I can get the ecu tuned for another 19hp

Personally I didn't notice too much of a difference between the Manul SB and the Automatic SB, just get the srt6 version.

Last edited by Maxwell; 04-02-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This would be a great test for people to do at The Tail of the Dragon this weekend.
Anybody up for swapping SB's and trying the SRT6 version.
TVT, anybody?
I'd love to do it, but I can't make the event.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, TVT. #1 do you sell/ship Crossfire Sprint Boosters to Canada? #2 I have a crossfire limited roadster with a 6 speed manual. Is there one or multiple models that will work with my car? I've been reading through the forums and am somewhat confused. And obviously #3 would be... if you can/do sell to Canada, what would the price be (in USD) with shipping to Vancouver BC?

Old 01-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteRockCrossfire
Hi, TVT. #1 do you sell/ship Crossfire Sprint Boosters to Canada? #2 I have a crossfire limited roadster with a 6 speed manual. Is there one or multiple models that will work with my car? I've been reading through the forums and am somewhat confused. And obviously #3 would be... if you can/do sell to Canada, what would the price be (in USD) with shipping to Vancouver BC?
I can help with question # 2,
You have two to choose from, manual or auto and most people with a manual decided on the auto version, a little less aggressive.

#1&2 go here: http://www.tvtdesign.com/

Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 PM

The delay is just horrible with the crossfire so I like what I'm hearing with the sb. Are there any group buys going, or any for sale still by forum members? I looked on tvt's site and didnt see it listed, although the posts are pretty old on this thread.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Send them an email, I mentioned that once and they said they always have them but don't show on the web-store. You can contact them here: http://www.tvtdesign.com/contact

Old 03-30-2009, 05:20 PM

$315 delivered, last week.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:15 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Aloha,
Got mine today, $289 from Germany with free shipping from No-Limit Tuning.
just installed in my auto roadster.
Noticeable improvement. Easier than doing the throttle reset every dang time.
I have NW CAI, most expensive plugs and wires money can buy, gutted throttle body, etc~ n~ etc...This is icing on the cake!
Did the panel removal and plugged it in as washer would not come out. Plastic recessed area seemed out of round and was not letting washer come off stud, tried retrieval "fingers" but they are not able to go in hole and open wide enough to get fingers under washer...
F'n washer needs thrown as far as I can throw it! Magnet with hole in middle, donut, may work but not a retrieval magnet, as it needs to pull up equally all the way around. Other wise it just tilts washer and washer won't slide off stud. Gave up fiddling with it after twenty minutes.
Super snappy in maximum (red) mode! Revs really quickly.
Mahalo

Old 11-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Etc..Etc..Etc.. Include the tune? Drove wife's Roadster Thursday morning and was pleasantly surprised after the standard mods.. Almost hated driving it before this... a throttle reset was a must before when I drove it.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by CaughtInaXF
Aloha,
Got mine today, $289 from Germany with free shipping from No-Limit Tuning.
just installed in my auto roadster.
Noticeable improvement. Easier than doing the throttle reset every dang time.
I have NW CAI, most expensive plugs and wires money can buy, gutted throttle body, etc~ n~ etc...This is icing on the cake!
Did the panel removal and plugged it in as washer would not come out. Plastic recessed area seemed out of round and was not letting washer come off stud, tried retrieval "fingers" but they are not able to go in hole and open wide enough to get fingers under washer...
F'n washer needs thrown as far as I can throw it! Magnet with hole in middle, donut, may work but not a retrieval magnet, as it needs to pull up equally all the way around. Other wise it just tilts washer and washer won't slide off stud. Gave up fiddling with it after twenty minutes.
Super snappy in maximum (red) mode! Revs really quickly.
Mahalo
How long did it take to arrive?

Old 12-02-2013, 05:09 AM

Was almost 4 weeks to the island brah.
But worth the wait! Haleakala was outstanding a night! ;-)

Old 12-02-2013, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Etc..Etc..Etc.. Include the tune? Drove wife's Roadster Thursday morning and was pleasantly surprised after the standard mods.. Almost hated driving it before this... a throttle reset was a must before when I drove it.
Nope, As I said Etc Etc and will do tune fer sheets and wriggles later if I get bored, boy don't see that happening though! Aloha

Old 01-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't get to my plug. That thing has me upside down on my floor tryin to get the plug out. What's the trick. I see a a clasp like clip and it come off one side easy. I can't see or reach or even imagine what is going on on the other side.

After removing the panels uder the dash, the plug was much easier to get too. Two screws under the steering wheel, 1 big screw (plastic) on the Transmission box, and a small screw under that vent panel. Remove both panels and then its easy.

Car feels sooooo much faster.

Last edited by mobilefitt; 01-17-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How does the v2 model compare to the v1? The previous owner of my car installed the v1 Sprintbooster. To be honest, I hadn't driven a stock Crossfire prior to buying my car so I can't really make any real comparison. All I know is that the throttle is extremely touchy......much touchier than any car I have owned in the past. I am also used to a to a traditional manual car so getting used to drive a high hp car lacking a clutch pedal was like learning to drive all over again.....lol. I have gotten used to it since purchasing the car but there are times that I still feel as though it's too touchy for my taste. I am considering selling it and buying the adjustable v2 model so it can be a bit more civilized when need be.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

+1 TO THAT !
I had a V1 for a short time, either it had to go, or my wife.
I chose to keep my wife.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So reading through all the posts........there is an SRT specific version? Looking at Sprint Boosters website it just has options for an automatic and manual Crossfires. Both versions say "incl. SRT-6" even though there isn't a manual SRT-6....lol. Hmm.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:09 AM

Where do I buy this sb from?

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!