Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Originally Posted by dkniess
I've decided to give the SB a try. I have a manual. Has anyone with a manual had both the manual and automatic SB on their car at different times and been able to see how they compare in regards to sensitivity? I'd like better throttle reponse, but I don't want to look like a beginner learning how to drive a stick.
don't buy the manual SB it's a pain in the neck to drive with

on a side note, does anyone know if there is a SB for the Chrysler 300 or chargers?

Last edited by Maxwell; 02-22-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boris
Before you go and spend mega buck on this thing it's worth resetting the throttle response to see if that makes any difference.

I have just done this and it's like driving a new car.

Previously I couldn't change gear smoothly, quite simply because I wasn't depressing the throttle enough when I changed, now it's great and much more responsive.

Trouble is, it's not my car it's my wife's, and she is really not very happy with me, because now she can't drive it smoothly, where as she could previously with the throttle lag.
Boris,

I had to laugh at your post. We (the boys and I) pimped mom's 3.5 SE Altima with custom exhaust and CAI. I have a set of headers ready to go on....Recently I caved to her desires and installed baffles to reduce the exhaust drone she complained about... I can notice a marked difference in instant power.
The last comment was "Why can't I ever have anything of my own?" .... I replied it's the cost o doing business just like why can't I have 12 square inches of bathroom space to myself in the ensuite... I had a good nights sleep....

Cause i'm a guy.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:24 PM
TVT_DESIGN

The 300C Sprint Booster is under development. The company that makes Sprint Booster is not located in the states and the order in which research is done will be non US cars first, then US to follow.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I just installed my sprint booster and took the car for a drive. I'm quite impressed. I have an 04 manual and I bought the sprint booster designed for the manual. I was a little apprehensive, because a lot of people on this forum find the manual version too sensitive. I have no complaints. My first launch was a little awkward and so were my first few 1st - 2nd shifts, but after that, no problem. The car really does "feel" like a different car. One of the things about good sports cars, is that they're fun to drive slow and still feel fast and responsive when they're being driven slow. This now describes my Crossfire. I really am impressed with the sprint booster. I don't care if it is indeed a $10. part that cost nearly $300., I think it's worth it. I also don't care that it doesn't actually add any power. It's all about the feel. Even on the freeway at 70 in 6th gear, it was much more responsive. If you're sitting on the fence about buying a sprint booster, I would go for it.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:56 PM

You guys need to check Ebay, they're for sail for $290.00

Old 03-01-2008, 05:46 PM

I just installed mine yesterday _ what a difference !! Another happy customer.

Quick installation tip - after removing the nut under the pedal with a 10mm socket you have to deal with the famous washer. Everyone said how difficult it is to remove. I tried for over an hour using a magnet, jeweler's screwdrivers, ect.

Take some superglue and spread on the bottom of the 10mm socket you just used to remove the top nut. Place it on top of the "the washer" and push down on it for a couple of seconds and it will pull the washer right out. If you're quick, you can still remove the washer and not ruin the socket.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotto97
I just installed mine yesterday _ what a difference !! Another happy customer.

Quick installation tip - after removing the nut under the pedal with a 10mm socket you have to deal with the famous washer. Everyone said how difficult it is to remove. I tried for over an hour using a magnet, jeweler's screwdrivers, ect.

Take some super glue and spread on the bottom of the 10mm socket you just used to remove the top nut. Place it on top of the "the washer" and push down on it for a couple of seconds and it will pull the washer right out. If you're quick, you can still remove the washer and not ruin the socket.
And another tip is before you reinstall the washer drill out the hole a little bigger and if you ever need to get it off again you won't have the difficulty you had the first time.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the washer tip. I'm ordering mine soon!

Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Forum Regular

I must admit I know nothing about this thing you call a "sprint booster". I kind of get your drift about better throttle response and I do have a few questions about it. First is the cost? Installation easy or difficult? Is it worth it to alter the stock set up? Does everyone make this modification?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts on this matter.

Bob M

Old 03-02-2008, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Xfirenorth
I must admit I know nothing about this thing you call a "sprint booster". I kind of get your drift about better throttle response and I do have a few questions about it. First is the cost? Installation easy or difficult? Is it worth it to alter the stock set up? Does everyone make this modification?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts on this matter.

Bob M
Cost $ 300 Available HERE

Sprint Booster Power Converters - What do they do ??

All Engines Chrysler Crossfire

Do you want responsive acceleration, quicker gear changes, and overtake with ease?
We have the answer....Sprint Booster Power Converter...
Sprint Booster is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal providing the ECM (Electronic Control Module) with a new and altered signal.

Benefits:
· At low revs, the engine responds at approximately half the time in comparison to before.
· The delay time whilst accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear and the engine in the mid-range, is almost zero.
· Big differences in the higher rev range.
· Improved response for downshifts and safer overtaking.

Almost all new cars come with fly by wire technology; hence do not have a traditional accelerator cable.
This new type of technology has a big draw back; it has a delayed reaction time and hence needlessly delays acceleration and engine performance.
The really great thing about this product is its simplicity; it does not touch the engine at all or the engine management system. What it does do is speed the signal up from the accelerator pedal to the engine - hence greatly improving acceleration and responsiveness!
Sprint Booster is a small and simple unit, which is very easy to install! - It is simply plugged into the back of the accelerator pedal connection and it is only possible to fit the unit one way!

“The Sprint Booster will be the “smartest” gadget you will fit to your car”.

INSTALL PHOTOS compliments of PAULW

Option 1
You need to remove the throttle pedal following step below:
1. Remove the lower nut cap.
2. Remove the 10mm nut.
3. Remove the washer, a magnet helps.
4. Remove the pedal, lift the bottom pulling out and pull it out of the upper bracket.
5. Unplug the tps cable from the sensor.
6. Plug the tps cable into the Sprint Booster.
7. Plug the Sprint Booster cable into the tps sensor.
8. Reinstall the pedal assembly.
9. Go for a test drive, you WILL SMILE !!!

Option 2
Remove the kick panel on the console. This is the panel that is to the right of your foot as you sit in the car. First remove the screw on the side of the console where the vent is. After that is removed remove the second Phillips screw holding the side panel on the console in place. Remove the drivers side of the console. Now look back above the gas pedal and there is the plug. Squeeze the sides to release the locking mechanism on the plug. Unplug and insert the SB. Replug the plugs with the SB in line. Replace console side and screw and then the vent and screw and now you are done! No pedal removal or nut to drive you nuts. Simple.

Last edited by Valk; 03-02-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:36 AM

For Sale: Sprint Booster (Manual) $250

Okay, so here's the deal. I purchased and installed my Sprint Booster about 2 weeks ago. I quickly made the adjustment (more finesse with the accelerator) to driving with it and absolutely love the product. I raved about it on this very post 2 weeks ago.

HOWEVER, my wife can no longer drive the car smoothly (I don't know why). This is a big "however." We went out last night with the sole intention of more or less "re-teaching" her how to drive this car smoothly. Those of you, who are married, can already appreciate what a dicey situation this is (especially when your wife is a 41 year old professional woman). It didn't happen. This then lead to a discussion of "Why do you have to do this kind of s--t to every car we buy? I think you do this just so I won't want to drive it anymore."

So, I'm selling it. It's the only sane thing to do. $250 is a fair price. I just paid a little over $300 with tax and shipping from TVT.

I'm leaving for Paris on the 12th of this month for 11 days, so if anyone is interested, we'd probably have to do the transaction when I get back on the 23rd. Whoever contacts me first, will be the first person I contact upon return.

You can email me directly at dkniess@yahoo.com

Old 03-10-2008, 03:20 PM

i was checking out for the sprint boosters.seems like you can still purchase for$279-$300 depending on where you go.ran across an article by **** bipes.you can go to it by typing exactly. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sprint booster a technical white paper<<<<<<< technically written,but enough layman terms to make you wonder if these are worth purchasing.i too seem to have a little pedal lag.i would not mind spending money on a <needed product>but now have my doubts.how about a little input,thanks

Old 03-10-2008, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by doc clock
i was checking out for the sprint boosters.seems like you can still purchase for$279-$300 depending on where you go.ran across an article by **** bipes.you can go to it by typing exactly. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sprint booster a technical white paper<<<<<<< technically written,but enough layman terms to make you wonder if these are worth purchasing.i too seem to have a little pedal lag.i would not mind spending money on a <needed product>but now have my doubts.how about a little input,thanks
You will read pros and cons about the Sprint Booster but a majority of folks here I believe have no regrets after their purchase and install. I have one and highly recommend it !!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:31 PM

Okay, so most everybody loves this product and rave about the removal of all or most of the delayed throttle response - but I've yet to read someone say that it makes the car Faster. I just want to read someone say that it dropped their 0-60 time half a second, or their 1/4 Mile by half a second - just some kind of number, to understand exactly what this device may do for the performance - that everyone can understand.

Has anyone timed the vehicle in any scenerio before and after?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JHTJ
Okay, so most everybody loves this product and rave about the removal of all or most of the delayed throttle response - but I've yet to read someone say that it makes the car Faster. I just want to read someone say that it dropped their 0-60 time half a second, or their 1/4 Mile by half a second - just some kind of number, to understand exactly what this device may do for the performance - that everyone can understand.

Has anyone timed the vehicle in any scenerio before and after?
Full throttle is full throttle you will see no change in this candition. Therefore no improvement in 0-60 or 1/4 mile.
The improvement is inbetween no and full throttle where the lag will be much less.
the car will feel more responsive but again at full throttle there is no gain.
Oh yea by the way I like mine.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:17 AM

I have a 2005 Ltd. 6 spd and I love the Sprint Booster! Best improvement I have made.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:05 PM

My MY, this device has brought about a lot of talk, rdotson started this thread on 07-11-06 and it is hard to believe that after 30 pages here and several other threads on the SB the same old questions are being ask and after many positive reviews there are still doubts.

Last edited by PAULW; 03-14-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:47 PM

...And, rdotson is still loving his old SB all these months later! One of my few great calls!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Originally Posted by PAULW
My MY, this device has brought about a lot of talk, rdotson started this thread on 07-11-06 and it is hard to believe that after 30 pages here and several other threads on the SB the same old questions are being ask and after many positive reviews there are still doubts.
High cost items = mega research, and reassurance before purchase.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by jaded1958cars
High cost items = mega research, and reassurance before purchase.
I do agree to a point, the research has been under way for a couple of years along with many reports of users findings and it really isn't hard to figure out if it corrects throttle lag or not, the question is does the throttle lag bother you or not. The questions about performance that keeps coming up is still answered the same way-- the SB does not increase HP or 1/4 mile times and cannot be measured by a Dyno as it is only to correct inherent drive by wire throttle lag and it does a GREAT job of it. As to the high cost, in the world of Sports cars $300.00 isn't a very High cost item.
JMHO

Last edited by PAULW; 03-17-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!