Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Number 1... I've never heard (even from the manufacturer) that the Sprint Booster is a 'Sprint Booster Power Converter'. It simply remaps the accelerator pedal signal curve. This was tested by our wonderful Woody across the pond.

The only reason this affects the transmission in any way is because it's like stomping your foot down quicker.

And... yes, I HATE sales pitches.
you can also do the same thing with a throttle cable carb or throttle body, you just relocate the radius on the butterly linkage arm. you can make it punchy and uncontrolable or soft and lazy.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHEN THE POPULARITY OF THE SPRINT BOOSTER TOOK OFF LAST YEAR I DECIDED ON MY TRIP TO GREECE TO VISIT BOULEKOS DYNAMICS IN ATHENS. I VISITED THEIR REALLY GREAT SHOP AND PURCHASED A SPRINT BOOSTER. THEY ARE EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND IT WILL NOT DISSAPOINT. THE ONLY DOWN SIDE WAS THAT IT COST ME 50 EUROS FOR A DRIVER TO TAKE ME THERE FROM MY HOTEL IN THE OLD CIY/PLACA AREA OF ATHENS. CHECK OUT THEIR WEB SITE. boulekosdynamics.com

Old 02-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep ! Bit the bullet ! Ordered mine from TVT yesterday.
Positive Feedback next week, I hope.

Just my Dos Centavos !

Old 02-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Stogey
Yep ! Bit the bullet ! Ordered mine from TVT yesterday.
Positive Feedback next week, I hope.
Just my Dos Centavos !
You won't be disappointed.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
You won't be disappointed.
Received mine on Monday and decided today, during lunch, to install it. Thanks to all of you that have provided input on the installation and difficulties. It took me about 15-20 minutes to do the job with half that time trying to get that f#$%^&g washer up. I used a magnet (a ceramic unit that could lift a refrigerator) onto which I attached my 10mm socket to drop over the nut. Even with this exceptionally strong magnet, it was a pain to finally free the washer by wiggling the gas pedal mechanism while trying to lift out the washer. It finally came up (I actually began to wonder whether it was made of ferrous metal) and I got the pedal assembly off with more jiggling. I noted before I removed anything the orientation of the plug attached to the pedal assembly. Installation of the SB was simple after that. About 5 minutes was required to stuff all this extra cable and fitting out of the way to permit re-installation of the pedal assembly. I grabbed a quick snack and then went for my test drive.

I am extremely pleased by it -- no dash warning, no problems at all. The response is super, when I want it, and yet it still allows for a gentle, smooth take-off too.

One question for those who would know: What does that little,low black toggle switch do that is attached to the pedal assembly, that sits below the top end of the gas pedal? While I was wrestling the unit out, I felt and heard that switch click. Not knowing which position is "normal", I set it where I thought it should be. Any clues as to what that is or does?

Again, thanks to all for the install tips and especially the link to the sequence of installation photos.

Spend the $300 -- you'll be very pleased.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Forum Regular

Those of you with SRT's - I can't imagine more throttle response. Doesn't it make the car twitchy (maybe a better word out there)?

Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by DICKBEE7631
One question for those who would know: What does that little,low black toggle switch do that is attached to the pedal assembly, that sits below the top end of the gas pedal? While I was wrestling the unit out, I felt and heard that switch click. Not knowing which position is "normal", I set it where I thought it should be. Any clues as to what that is or does?
I don't recall a toggle switch so I hope someone else here does and can let us both know. Are you sure it is not the kick down switch on the gas pedal. I know it has one but I don't know what it looks like.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
I don't recall a toggle switch so I hope someone else here does and can let us both know. Are you sure it is not the kick down switch on the gas pedal. I know it has one but I don't know what it looks like.
It's a small, rocker-style switch, located about 3/4 way to the top of the pedal assembly, but mounted on the bottom plate. It's just above that round black cover that you remove to access the assembly mounting nut & washer. If you want, I'll photo it. It definitely clicks, like a switch, when you alter its position.

Looking in my 2004 Service Manual (page 14-29 Vol. 2) I think it's the "Kickdown Simulator". If you have that Manual and look on page 14-27, what I may have taken as a switch are "snaps" or fastners that may hold that Simulator in place.

If so, what the "h%#l is a "kickdown Simulator"?

Old 02-13-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by DICKBEE7631
It's a small, rocker-style switch, located about 3/4 way to the top of the pedal assembly, but mounted on the bottom plate. It's just above that round black cover that you remove to access the assembly mounting nut & washer. If you want, I'll photo it. It definitely clicks, like a switch, when you alter its position.

Looking in my 2004 Service Manual (page 14-29 Vol. 2) I think it's the "Kickdown Simulator". If you have that Manual and look on page 14-27, what I may have taken as a switch are "snaps" or fastners that may hold that Simulator in place.

If so, what the "h%#l is a "kickdown Simulator"?
Reading my Manual further, page 14-30 states: "The kickdown simulator is not used as a "kickdown switch". Wide open throttle (WOT) recognition takes place over the signal from the accelerator pedal position sensors pressure point, which is located in the pedal assembly. WOT position is simulated before achieving the full load position."

I spose that makes sense to somebody.....

Old 02-15-2008, 10:32 AM

I've decided to give the SB a try. I have a manual. Has anyone with a manual had both the manual and automatic SB on their car at different times and been able to see how they compare in regards to sensitivity? I'd like better throttle reponse, but I don't want to look like a beginner learning how to drive a stick.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might read up on earlier posts but as I remember a lot of stick drivers went with the auto version which was less aggressive, some reported the manual version was real sensitive.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Forum Regular

You may look like a beginner starting to drive!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 02:09 PM

Another satisfied "Sprint Booster" customer !

Got home from the grind today, the package from TVT was waiting on the doorstep. 15 minutes later I was test driving the XFire with it's newly installed electronic gadget. (Thanks to all who posted installation tips)

The annoying lag which bugged the crap outta me is virtually gone. 0 to 60 foot times has got to be quite a bit quicker or least seems like it would be to me. Since I've never run this car thru the traps, whose to say for sure ? In any case, IMO, worth the expense !

Hey Anthony, do I get a store credit for this shameless lil plug ? lol

Just my Dos Centavos !

Last edited by Stogey; 02-18-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by dkniess
I've decided to give the SB a try. I have a manual. Has anyone with a manual had both the manual and automatic SB on their car at different times and been able to see how they compare in regards to sensitivity? I'd like better throttle reponse, but I don't want to look like a beginner learning how to drive a stick.
I had similar concerns. After having mine in for a while and having just taken the car on a 200 mile trip, I can say that I've adjusted quickly to the device. There are times when I even wonder if it's working. I do know it's functioning but it is easy to get used to. You'll like it.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by dkniess
I have the automatic version for sale it works great in the manual car. let me know if your interested, you can have mine for $230 it's brand new.. I decided to trade in the CF for a 4 door sedan..so I have no use for it.

as for the manual SB it's horrificly sensitive, taking off from 1st gear is like a bucking bronco ride. go with the automatic SB's

Last edited by Maxwell; 02-19-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:22 AM

Maxwell, I will give you $200 for your used Sprint Booster if you have hung onto any paperwork that came with it. Let me know via email. Thanks.

Out West

Old 02-19-2008, 09:24 AM

Damn!!!!! I ordered the SB "manual" just a few days ago. I hope I don't regret it. I defintely would have gone with yours for the price.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 PM

Just got my SB from Ebay today For 270.00
Can't wait to install

Old 02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my SB a few days ago . . .finally got the time to install it tonite. Think it took me longer to find my tools than do the install !!! I went with removing the side panel, and undoing and moving the upper panel, no problem to get my meat hooks in there to unplug/plug the unit in !

No chance for me to "test drive" the car, as winter is still here and even with the roads bare and dry, just WAYYYYYYY too much gravel out there for me ! Forced to throttle it in the garage . . . sure does seem to have THROTTLE reponse now ! Can't wait to actually DRIVE it !

Old 02-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maxwell
as for the manual SB it's horrificly sensitive, taking off from 1st gear is like a bucking bronco ride. go with the automatic SB's
1st: maxwell, i can't believe you sold your xfire. you seem like a big contributor to this board.

2nd: has anyone put a manual sb on a auto car? if the manual sb is too sensitive for the manual tranny, maybe it's even more sensitive on the auto than the auto sb... just wondering

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!