Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 05-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Originally Posted by apkano
I see...so if I spend $300 or so dollars it saves me the inconvenience of having to move my foot a half inch further! No offense but I think I'll risk the wear and tear on my ankle!
That's just some peoples opinion. I don't think it works like that. Have you ever given it 30% gas off a stop. It will see the lag.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It can cause more wear and tear on the motor not to mention you fuel consumption with increase too. That's why I sold mine and the jerky throttle too

Last edited by Maxwell; 05-21-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM

I bought a pinto because i care about fuel. Oh wait i bought a Crossfire because i didn't care.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, you guys understand ... The Sprint Booster only provides a "TWITCHIER" throttle response... No HP increase, just a quicker (milliseconds) response to your foot on the throttle... It takes some getting used to... I couldn't use mine anymore because it prevented smooth feathering of the throttle thru very high speed turns on the track... It was too "HERKY JERKY"...

It's really great for the quick-off-the-line type of driving...

Old 05-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Life is random...so am I.
Talking Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Yup...It confirms what I thought...I think I'll spend the $300 bucks on gas and drive like an animal on the expressway up north this weekend! I shaved a half hour off a 2 hour drive last weekend on I-75!! DAMN... I love this car!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by apkano
Yup...It confirms what I thought...I think I'll spend the $300 bucks on gas and drive like an animal on the expressway up north this weekend! I shaved a half hour off a 2 hour drive last weekend on I-75!! DAMN... I love this car!!!
Seriously, its not worth the money, but if you have to drop $300 bux get the SI ecu upgrade for $600, that's 20 hp right there. Personally I would rather spend $1,500 on a stand alone ecu and program my own maps. The car is still very new and the aftermarket has yet to catch up. Just be patient.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:02 PM

I purchased my sprint booster online, $245 shipped, I received it in less than a week. Should anyone be interested, you can check it out.
www.shop4sprint.com

This is one of the best mods IMO.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:36 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_kompressor55
I purchased my sprint booster online, $245 shipped, I received it in less than a week. Should anyone be interested, you can check it out.
www.shop4sprint.com

This is one of the best mods IMO.
Where did you get it?

Old 05-27-2007, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by FP
Where did you get it?
click the link, that press pay it paypal button for the model you want.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:28 PM

Even if you have the 20 hp tune, it still won't fix the throttle lag.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Originally Posted by PAULW
Ok the Sprint Boosters arrived late this afternoon so here goes,

#1 - rdotson - Thank you for pioneering this thing and such great instructions for installation. Once again Thank you.

#2 - I have read all the ideas and doubters but all I can say is WOW.
I have reset mine a bunch of times but resetting your computer isn't anywhere close ...

#3 - Thanks to rdotson I installed mine in less than 15 minutes in this order, pictures
are here: https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...ry.php?cat=574

And a BIG thank you to you too.

Mine arrived yesterday, had to pick it up at the Post Office today, because I didn't want to wait for them to try to deliver it again.

I purchased it from the dude in Hong Kong that is selling them on Ebay. No troubles, quick email return to my inquiry and it arrived express mail in a timely manner even though it was Memorial Day weekend.

Anyways... though I am mechanically inclined, this "15 minute" job took me over 2 hours. I was ready to destroy anything and everything in sight do to anger/frustration...

It was that damn washer... that little #^#$$%!! helper washer!

I didn't have a magnet.... couldn't get it with a variety of grabby tools I had... went to the auto parts store and they didn't have a periscope magnet tool that was small enough... Grrrr... I ended up calling my regular mechanic to see if I could borrow a tool.

I'm telling you, I was ready to get some super glue and a little stick out of the yard. I was P*SSED.

Mechanic to the rescue. (My non warranty work for my Xfire and my little truck I take to my mechanic. I haven't had the Xfire in for anything yet... though I'll probably buy my next set of tires from them... just because).

This is yet another lesson on why "I" don't work on cars.

Ok.. wing mode off.

As for performance, it is nicely noticeable UNLESS I really lay into the accelerator. There is still some hesitation if I floor it, but aggressive acceleration without stomping the gas is much much better. Not worth $300 to me, but I won't be sending it back either.

Now if there were some way to get the autostick to be quicker to respond...

I love this forum.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:58 PM

I couldn't get mine with a magnet either. I put 2 drops of super glue on the end of a socket and pushed it over and let it set then it come out.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 624 Likes on 426 Posts

I installed my Sprint Booster on my '04 Crossfire Coupe today and all I can say is WOW !! I have read a lot about these here on the forum and it is by far the best mod for the money so far. Thanks to all here for your opinions and comments regarding these sprint boosters.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Electric Messiah
And a BIG thank you to you too.

Mine arrived yesterday, had to pick it up at the Post Office today, because I didn't want to wait for them to try to deliver it again.

I purchased it from the dude in Hong Kong that is selling them on Ebay. No troubles, quick email return to my inquiry and it arrived express mail in a timely manner even though it was Memorial Day weekend.

Anyways... though I am mechanically inclined, this "15 minute" job took me over 2 hours. I was ready to destroy anything and everything in sight do to anger/frustration...

It was that damn washer... that little #^#$$%!! helper washer!

I didn't have a magnet.... couldn't get it with a variety of grabby tools I had... went to the auto parts store and they didn't have a periscope magnet tool that was small enough... Grrrr... I ended up calling my regular mechanic to see if I could borrow a tool.

I'm telling you, I was ready to get some super glue and a little stick out of the yard. I was P*SSED.

Mechanic to the rescue. (My non warranty work for my Xfire and my little truck I take to my mechanic. I haven't had the Xfire in for anything yet... though I'll probably buy my next set of tires from them... just because).

This is yet another lesson on why "I" don't work on cars.

Ok.. wing mode off.

As for performance, it is nicely noticeable UNLESS I really lay into the accelerator. There is still some hesitation if I floor it, but aggressive acceleration without stomping the gas is much much better. Not worth $300 to me, but I won't be sending it back either.

Now if there were some way to get the autostick to be quicker to respond...

I love this forum.

I am not to knowledgeable about the workings of the onboard computers in cars, but wouldn't adjusting the shift response of the autostick just involve changing some settings in the computer or is that still mechanically limited?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:28 AM

can someone send me a link of where i can read about the sprint booster, and how much does it cost?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by xbcyrus
can someone send me a link of where i can read about the sprint booster, and how much does it cost?
Here is the link to a store on ebay that sells our Sprint Boosters.He is very good as a seller on Ebay. I had mine in less than a week.
Be sure to specify Auto or Manual Transmission. As far as reading about Sprint Boosters the best source of info is right here in this forum.
I recommend it highly for added performance.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&fsop=1&fsoo=1

Old 02-06-2008, 12:22 AM

Hello,

very long thread, don't know if already someone has mention it : For AMG-Engines (with auto-tranny) like the SRT-6, there is a special Version of the Sprintbooster : BDD451 A2. It is less aggressive because of the extra-Power the AMG-Engine has got...

Bruno

Old 02-06-2008, 03:42 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know you can buy them directly from us on our website.

www.tvtdesign.com

Thanks,
Anthony

Old 02-08-2008, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know you can buy them directly from us on our website.

www.tvtdesign.com

Thanks,
Anthony
Sprint Booster Power Converters - What do they do ??

All Engines
Chrysler Crossfire

Do you want responsive acceleration, quicker gear changes, and overtake with ease?
This is the answer....Sprint Booster Power Converter...
Sprint Booster is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal providing the ECM (Electronic Control Module) with a new and altered signal.

Benefits:
At low revs, the engine responds at approximately half the time in comparison to before.
 The delay time while accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear and the engine in the mid-range, is almost zero.
 Big differences in the higher rev range.
 Improved response for downshifts and safer overtaking.

Almost all new cars come with fly by wire technology; hence do not have a traditional accelerator cable.
This new type of technology has a big draw back; it has a delayed reaction time and hence needlessly delays acceleration and engine performance.
The really great thing about this product is its simplicity; it does not touch the engine at all or the engine management system. What it does do is speed the signal up from the accelerator pedal to the engine - hence greatly improving acceleration and responsiveness!
Sprint Booster is a small and simple unit, which is very easy to install! - It is simply plugged into the back of the accelerator pedal connection and it is only possible to fit the unit one way!

“The Sprint Booster will be the “smartest” gadget you will fit to your car”.

Last edited by Valk; 02-08-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Number 1... I've never heard (even from the manufacturer) that the Sprint Booster is a 'Sprint Booster Power Converter'. It simply remaps the accelerator pedal signal curve. This was tested by our wonderful Woody across the pond.

The only reason this affects the transmission in any way is because it's like stomping your foot down quicker.

And... yes, I HATE sales pitches.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!