Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 09-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Tony, I'd definitely like to take a test run down in OC with you to see what the Sprint Booster "effect" is like. I have not made up my mind or saved the funds to make this mod, but if it works as well as everyone says it will be on the list.

Jason (04fire) has it too and plans to be in OC Maryland for the Cruise weekend, we'll have time to compare notes.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:33 AM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

I just bought mine on 9/20, and just checked the tracking number. It's coming via DHL, and it's already in town, which means I will probably get it tomorrow. Wow...that was fast.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Tony, I'd definitely like to take a test run down in OC with you to see what the Sprint Booster "effect" is like. I have not made up my mind or saved the funds to make this mod, but if it works as well as everyone says it will be on the list.

Jason (04fire) has it too and plans to be in OC Maryland for the Cruise weekend, we'll have time to compare notes.
No problem, you can get behind the wheel and check it out.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FPMartinez
I just bought mine on 9/20, and just checked the tracking number. It's coming via DHL, and it's already in town, which means I will probably get it tomorrow. Wow...that was fast.
I recommend the two phillip screw installation method 5 minutes and you are done.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:53 AM
FP

You bet, I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited by FP; 09-24-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:33 AM

so how about that group buy?

Old 09-25-2006, 01:24 AM

Best purchase of my lifetime I love this thing It is truly a night and day difference. I had a little trouble getting the washer out even with the magnet so much so that I was ready to give up. The problem was once I got the bolt off I twisted a bit right away and ended up creating some pressure on the washer not letting it come up even. Once I retrieved the washer It was smooth sailing. I have owned 2 jeep cherokees and one grand cherokee. My first chereokee was lifted and I put all the bolt on extra performance parts into it: Intake, Jet chip, Borla, throttle body spacer. After all was said and done I honestly don't feel like that made as much difference as this one little part. I was hesitant reading all of the reviews but now have found them all to be right on. I am looking forward to hear what HDDP has to say about this. Thanks again Jody for putting this group buy together and taking care of all of us.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:50 AM
FP

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
No... I already financed two and purchased my own. I did not purchase extras for resale.

If I knew I was going to get four people asking even before the original list buyers had theirs delivered, maybe I would have bought an extra ten or so, just for me to resell.

Oh well... Hindsight is 20-20...
MMZ, can you tell me how much each unit cost, with delivery for the group purchase you coordinated?

Old 09-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

FPMartinez,

Total cost for each participant was $254.39 and there were 33 participants. I had asked for the base price from the manufacturer + 8% to cover duties + another $4.05 for domestic Priority Mail flat rate shipping. Base price turned out to be $241.65. There were Duty/Customs fees due and the package came C.O.D. with that charge. So I ended up sending back about $14 to each person. I figure it was a nice surprise along with their fun toy tuner.

I suggest keeping a spreadsheet of everyone so you can do a mail merge in word for labels. This also allows you to track payments and personal information for your records.

Make sure you have your complete list and number of people and just e-mail Mr. Boulekos with the size of your group and he will give you a total price in Euros for the purchase. You will have to make sure to ask for the bank information as well for the purchase. Have the bank help you with the forms (I was confused to say the least).

I had my shipment in less than a week, so it was VERY fast.

Suggested Shipping was:
US Postal Service Priority Mail (2 day) shipping @ $4.05 (flat rate). Just go to your local post office and ask for the flat rate video tape size boxes (they are perfect size). The postage is already affixed, add an address (label) and you can drop them off or call for a carrier pickup. I think you can compare UPS and not get close to that rate for 2 day shipping. Plus its easier to figure shipping since there are no surcharges for home delivery like some UPS addresses.
I chose to get small bubble envelopes from Office Depot for CD/DVD (they hold just one sprint booster box), but the video tape boxes would have worked too.

Note about shipping: Simply purchase priority mail $4.05 stamps for your shipments. If you don't use priority mail packaging, you will need Priority Mail stickers too. Much easier than making the clerk have a heart attack.

PAULW quoted this information for the group buy previously.
All the information is in the thread, but here it is:

1- The web site is in English: http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index...tpage&Itemid=1
2- This is how you contact them: info@boulekosdynamic.com
3- Contact them with the application, vehicle, transmission and the quantity you wish to purchase and they will quote you a price and you will need to get his bank information to send a wire transfer, the only way they conduct business.
4- Go to the bank and buy the EUROS and the wire transfer, as a note when the group agrees on money... Banks charge a fee to do wire transfers, the exchange rate to purchase EUROS fluctuates by the minute and you may or may not have to pay a 2.5% import duty fee when the order comes through customs.
5- When the parts come in the person will need everyone's personal information so they can repackage the parts and send them to their respective owner.
6- Install the Sprint Booster and have fun.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Forum Regular

I'd do the "two screw" method for installing the booster...(there's a pun in there..but I don't want to elaborate...)

Old 09-25-2006, 04:23 PM
FP

I am going with the two screw method. I just checked the tracking of my Booster. They attempted to deliver today, but no one was home at the time. Being an international order someone has to sign for it, darn. I guess I have to wait until tomorrow.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:50 PM
FP

Ooooooh, WOW. How sweet it is...

MY SB came in today, and just finished installing it. I went with the "two screw" advise from Upstate. Although I think you need to be 5' 1" and 100 lbs. to reach under the dash.

I'm loving it. Thanks to all, especially the good advice from Upstate. I think I'm taking it for another ride.

Last edited by FP; 09-26-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Forum Regular

Hey time lord, just received the part today, thanks!

well the installation was a breeze after following Upstates instruction, thank god for him, because there was no way in hell that top nut on the pedal assemble was going to come out!!!

Last edited by dynamicS; 10-03-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 PM

any more news on another group buy??

Old 10-03-2006, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by coony3737
any more news on another group buy??
Count me in...

Old 10-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Forum Regular

I have a sprint booster for sale $254.00 , its for the 6 speed, but I believe it can be used for autosticks too. Let me know if anyone is interested??

Last edited by dynamicS; 10-03-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by dynamicS
I have a sprint booster for sale $254.00 , its for the 6 speed, but I believe it can be used for autosticks too. Let me know if anyone is interested??
dynamicS, obviously you are not thrilled with Sprint Booster as most of other members are. Would you share your experience with SB? Why you have decided to sell?

I am also waiting for a review from HDDP for my decision to jump into this.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by porterhouse
dynamicS, obviously you are not thrilled with Sprint Booster as most of other members are. Would you share your experience with SB? Why you have decided to sell?

I am also waiting for a review from HDDP for my decision to jump into this.
The only reason I'm not wild about it is because it makes the 6 speed xf more difficult to drive in stop and go traffic. I find first gear to be way too senistive to throttle response.

I'm sure HDDP will like it for track use, where you never see 1st gear or any stop and go driving. The motor revs a lot quicker, so if you do the heel-toe shifting you will enjoy the Sprint booster.

I really do like this product but I can't drive the car in heavy traffic anymore, you really need that dampening on first gear!

Old 10-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good info, I was thinking about going this route, but not sure if it's the best thing for me. Just was curios if the manual SB works for auto's?

thanks for the input bud.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Good info, I was thinking about going this route, but not sure if it's the best thing for me. Just was curios if the manual SB works for auto's?

thanks for the input bud.
The manual SB cannot be used with the automatic. The automatic SB can used with the manual as a 'lite' version. It sounds as though dynamicS has the manual version which cannot be used with the auto.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!