Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 09-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

When it arrives, give it to him to open like a birthday gift... he'll like the check inside the box ...

Old 09-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He'll come around...especially if I tell him it's MY b'day present. He's off the hook.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by golfergal
He'll come around...especially if I tell him it's MY b'day present. He's off the hook.
I told my wife the same when i bought mine...how soon is your b'day?

Old 09-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular

Thank God it's months away...so by the time it actually rolls around, the booster will be long forgotten! I'm so ev-eeel! ~

Old 09-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Jody,

Good work! My right foot thanks you...

Old 09-19-2006, 07:11 PM

I'd like to hear each person's review of the Sprint Booster with a 'before and after' type of story.

As each person receives theirs, I'm sure the rest of the group would like to hear the differences (if any).

I'll be putting mine on tomorrow after the first few pulls on the dyno (going to try and get a proper pull this time). Then I'll do a pull with the Sprint Booster on... I know it will not change the numbers... but it will be fun to see the technician's take on it.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Forum Regular

Holy shot glass Batman,

Just put it in. (the sprint booster, that is) Amazing. Simply amazing. This car is now as fun to drive as it looks. The stock throttle must have had a burn out preventer on it. This thing defeats it! The response is nothing short of breath taking. It feels like a governor has been removed from the car. It feels so much more perky and peppy now. I am going to have to relearn driving this car, or else I won't have any tires left.

Yes, I am pretty happy with my purchase. You will be to.

The words of the day are " holy sh*t!!!"

Old 09-20-2006, 05:26 PM

I just installed the booster in my C32 ///AMG. It is much faster than before, and a little sensitive to he touch, but first impression is positive. Traffic was heavy so I could not open it up. I hope to do that after work and "see what she will do". Thanks Timelord for all your efforts, I think I am going to enjoy this Mod very much...

Old 09-20-2006, 07:33 PM

Okay... My turn as I just got done installing my Sprint Booster and taking the car for a spin.

Mine is the 451A in my SRT6, which has about 100 more horsepower than the limited or base model.

First... the part of PAULW's install guide where he says to retrieve the washer with a magnetic pick-up... DO THIS or you will have to PRY up the accelerator pedal assembly until it forces the washer off.

Second, the part where he says 'remove the pedal assembly'... you will have to rotate and pull on the pedal assembly to get the 'X' shaped peg at the top to release from the hole in the metal bracket above the pedal assembly. I was really starting to pull my hair out when I figured this out.

Third, you can't pull down the assembly too far if you have an automatic as the kickdown switch wires are a little shorter than the throttle harness.

So... Keep these tips in mind when you install it.

Review:

There is a VERY noticeable difference in the 'before' and 'after'.

Before: sluggish, delayed throttle response when the pedal is mashed... as if it's making up it's mind what to do.

After: fairly linear response if not a reversed gradual slope on the curve. It's as if it's ramping up more quickly.

Overall control: You can still 'feather' the pedal quite well and I have no worries about driving in Snow or Rain with this.

Once you start to depress your foot in a steady fashion, the acceleration happens in a curve going slightly faster than your foot is pushing down.

I'm very happy with this purchase and it is one of my 'Must Have!' performance recommendations to all Crossfire owners and any C32 or other 'adaptive throttle' drivers.

Cheers!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Forum Regular

Okay...I'm now officially nervous about the install...

I'm going to put this out there...are there any Seattle area Sprint Booster group buy members that I could sweet talk into installing this for me? I'd treat you to a home made batch of the best chocolate chip cookies and a warm, tall latte!

From a novice car person who knows very little about the car, on a scale of 1-10, what would you rate the install?

Old 09-20-2006, 09:25 PM

With the tips... 1 to 3.

Without the tips I wrote... 5 to 8.

I would say the easiest way would be to print all of PAULW's pictures out in order, staple them together and scribble the notes I made on those three spots.

It's really not that hard, just a basic Socket wrench, 10mm socket, small flat screwdriver and patients. Some people may have even had the washer just pop off... I was not so lucky.

Last edited by MMZ_TimeLord; 09-20-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:33 PM

Got mine today.

First of all, a technical disclaimer. I know it doesn't add horse-power. That it's just removing the adaptation/non-linearity of the pedal range.

Basically, it feels like a completely different car. It's hard to describe, but the basic feeling is that the power is in your foot - like you have authority.

It was really easy to install, but a bit freaky the way the whole pedal assembly just kind of falls out, but it's easy to get back together. I have to check mine out again because when I turn the wheel lock to lock, something in there is taping/touching the extra cable. Have to do something with that - any tricks/suggestions, or just let it hang in there and hope it's all good?

Anyways, best mod yet, took less than 10 minutes, used a 10mm socket on the nut and a screwdriver to pop off the nut-cover.

The car just feels farking FAST. Like I expected it to be when I first got it. Feels like a big V8 in there. A lot more controllable. You WILL notice a difference and if you always felt like you were waiting for this car to go fast, you WILL like it. It's more like it wants to go, and you're just holding it back - it feels like a fast car.

THIS is what I always wanted this car to be.

edit: First of all, forgot to say Many, Many Thanks again for arranging this - everything went VERY smoothly!!! Secondly, the install is pretty easy - I'm a completely novice, mechanically, and I found it pretty easy. Just go slow, don't force anything, if you feel resistance, just nudge and let the parts guide you - it kind of just 'falls' out after you get it loose. Getting it back in was the only hard thing for me. Any tips there TimeLord?

Last edited by Bif Powell; 09-20-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:46 PM

My pedal assembly was stubborn... didn't want to come out... but I 'persuaded' it...

I just tucked mine toward the center of the dash and re-installed the pedal assembly... no tapping from mine.

EDIT: You do have to make sure that the 'X' shaped plastic pin/peg goes back into it's metal bracket before bolting the assembly in place. That MAY be the source of your 'tapping'.

Last edited by MMZ_TimeLord; 09-21-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Smile Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

I just bought one off this guy on e-bay for $250.00 including delivery. He takes paypal.

www.slkfans.com

Old 09-20-2006, 11:06 PM

Just got my SB in the mail today, Thanks TimeLord. The packaging looks great.

I was gonna install SB today but it's like 45F outside at the moment. I think I will wait and do it first thing tomorrow morning. My review will be posted sometime tomorrow. Hack I think I'll even grab my digi cam and make a video of me doing install and/or test run of before and after. lol.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bif Powell
I have to check mine out again because when I turn the wheel lock to lock, something in there is taping/touching the extra cable. Have to do something with that - any tricks/suggestions, or just let it hang in there and hope it's all good?
Bif, I agree with Timelord...it sounds as though you may not have gotten the pin/peg back into the upper support bracket. When I put the pedal back on and started to tighten it down, something didn't look quite right, and that is exactly what I had done...did not get the peg in the bracket. If you push up on the thin plastic cover just above the pedals you will be able to see the bracket.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 PM

Yay! Got mine in my mail box today! Now... I forget, which one is for the manual?

Going to install tonight after my classes...

Thanks for running this group buy... I really appreciate it! Got one for me, and one for my dad... I'll give my review later tonight...

Last edited by Capt Nemo 203; 09-21-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My pedal assembly does not want to come out. A little help please?

Old 09-21-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by psuperti
My pedal assembly does not want to come out. A little help please?
You have to get that washer off of the bolt or it is a bear to get off. With the washer off, it lifts right up with no problem.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Capt Nemo 203
Yay! Got mine in my mail box today! Now... I forget, which one is for the manual?
Either one can be used with the manual...the one ending with an A is for automatic only.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!