Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Old 09-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Calm down guys...

I am the gentlemen who posted the sprint booster for sale on ebay. Please do not allow my post on ebay to upset your group buy. I am a member from mbworld and just like you, I am not a dealer.

I am from Singapore and am in love with this product. Initially, I had some doubts over this but without any hesitation, I decided to give it a shot on my Merc SLK R171. The throttle response is amazing and the vehicle reacted like a different animal. I posted what this amazing device has to offer over at mbworld, however, received some bashings from some of the forum members and some even call it BS. It takes one to actually try it and experience a new driving behavior with the sprint booster. Many are skeptical about this product but I don't.

I purchased the spint booster from my SB authorized local dealer. Currently, they have it for Merc, Bimmers and Volkswagen.

I had this SB installed in my vehicle for almost 4 months now, no problems so far. Have regular service appointments with my MB dealer, they don't even know it and hence warranty is never an issue.

Mine was the earlier batch, the aggressive version but these are no longer available now. Just imagine when you have your gear switch to reverse mode, the vehicle just surge backward. I kind of enjoy it though.

No offence here...but it is great to hear that some of you who installed it must have love the device. Have fun !

Old 09-03-2006, 06:59 PM

i would like to apologize for disturbing your community here. truth=the majority's opinion. it seems like my posts are the only posts that are offensive to the majority here. obviously, the audiences here are not what i'm used to . maybe that's why i'm the only one offended by dynamicS's innocent comments. moderator, please cancel my account here. i promise to never return again.
timelord, i want to thank you for putting this group buy together and apologize for the trouble i have caused. i think you have more people interested in the group buy than you actually need. please take me off the list and refund my money minus what paypal charges. i will take the knockoff from the copycat from singapore.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by v12mercedes
i would like to apologize for disturbing your community here. truth=the majority's opinion. it seems like my posts are the only posts that are offensive to the majority here. obviously, the audiences here are not what i'm used to . maybe that's why i'm the only one offended by dynamicS's innocent comments. moderator, please cancel my account here. i promise to never return again.
timelord, i want to thank you for putting this group buy together and apologize for the trouble i have caused. i think you have more people interested in the group buy than you actually need. please take me off the list and refund my money minus what paypal charges. i will take the knockoff from the copycat from singapore.
To: v12 mercedes,

There is no reason to remove yourself from the forum. Just try not to be so short tempered by not regarding some comments as personal. I'm sure it was not an attack on you or the Asian culture. Some things just are what they are. But, this also doesn't mean that it applies to everyone. Peace.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:57 AM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Okay... the latest buyer status... enjoy!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SprintBoosterBuyersStatus.jpg (35.2 KB, 42 views)
Old 09-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking Re: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Okay... the latest buyer status... enjoy!
~ if we could only read that attachment... ...my vision must be getting worse.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mercedes
i would like to apologize for disturbing your community here. truth=the majority's opinion. it seems like my posts are the only posts that are offensive to the majority here. obviously, the audiences here are not what I'm used to . maybe that's why I'm the only one offended by dynamics's innocent comments. moderator, please cancel my account here. i promise to never return again.
timelord, i want to thank you for putting this group buy together and apologize for the trouble i have caused. i think you have more people interested in the group buy than you actually need. please take me off the list and refund my money minus what paypal charges. i will take the knockoff from the copycat from Singapore.
I contacted the person from Singapore and it is not a knock off. Sure knock offs are made in far away places but think about it. Sneakers, Cd's, watches, pens, item's they will sell in large quantities. Our sprint booster is not one of those items. And if by some stretch it were a 10 or 20 dollar savings would not be what we would find. I bought one from him yesterday, now I'll be letting you all know how it works out. I agree buyer beware but this is a chance I felt comfortable with. Just because the product comes from Singapore does not mean its a knock off. If you believe that maybe you believe all the other cultural stereo types too. I'm as skeptical and cautious as they come, I assessed this one and feel comfortable. And by the way this attempt at an apology was a lame and one that just wanted to receive sympathy not one that was sincere.

Last edited by upstate; 09-05-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew
~ if we could only read that attachment... ...my vision must be getting worse.
you can read it by clicking on the bottom right corner and making it bigger.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slkfans
Mine was the earlier batch, the aggressive version but these are no longer available now.
MMZ is this true ? are the current versions less responsive than the older ones ? if so, perhaps I should try to get my hands on an older one. Or, can you specify in your order explaining that my vehicle is race only and to provide the most aggressive version available...

Old 09-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
Originally Posted by slkfans
Mine was the earlier batch, the aggressive version but these are no longer available now.
MMZ is this true ? are the current versions less responsive than the older ones ? if so, perhaps I should try to get my hands on an older one. Or, can you specify in your order explaining that my vehicle is race only and to provide the most aggressive version available...
Derek, from what I understand, the manual version is the same. The updated (automatic trans version) is less aggressive to work with the automatic and can be used as well in the manual as a 'lite' version. You will appreciate this thing when you get it...I can't wait for your analysis/opinion.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by danimal
Derek, from what I understand, the manual version is the same. The updated (automatic trans version) is less aggressive to work with the automatic and can be used as well in the manual as a 'lite' version. You will appreciate this thing when you get it...I can't wait for your analysis/opinion.
Danimal,

Exactly...If you are in need of the aggressive mode, use the manual version instead but like I said, it can be punchy.

Some of us here preferred the aggressive mode of response, well others don't. It really depends on your preference...

Old 09-05-2006, 01:01 PM

Ok...so let me get this correct. I have an automatic transmission and I want some more punch and quickness when I press down on the gas. (and yes I understand that I will not be getting more HP) I heard that the 1st model was very aggressive and that the revised 2nd model is still aggressive but not as harsh. If this is the case then I want the revised 2nd model...can someone who knows what they are talking about elaborate for me? Thanks...

Old 09-05-2006, 01:44 PM

Let's get this show on the road! I want my car to FEEL fast!

Old 09-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mconde01
Ok...so let me get this correct. I have an automatic transmission and I want some more punch and quickness when I press down on the gas. (and yes I understand that I will not be getting more HP) I heard that the 1st model was very aggressive and that the revised 2nd model is still aggressive but not as harsh. If this is the case then I want the revised 2nd model...can someone who knows what they are talking about elaborate for me? Thanks...
The sprint booster for the automatic (451A) MUST be used with the automatic and CAN be used with the manual as a 'lite' version. The 451 CAN ONLY BE USED with the manual as it is more aggressive and does not play well with the automatic transmission shifting. You will still get a 'kick in the pants' with the 451A and your automatic trans...as anyone from the first buy with the auto will attest.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:59 PM

Okay... latest buyer list (click thumbnail to see full sized version)

There are still quite a few pending, but fortunately we have until the end of the week (the 8th).

I will be making the wire transfer on the 11th most likely as I don't think I can do that on Saturday. So any payments that come in on the weekend will still qualify.

I know this is taking a while folks, but I really want everyone that wants in on this to have their chance. Getting a 20 person group again is going to be difficult at best.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted daily from this point forward.

Attached Images
SprintBoosterBuyersStatus.jpg (36.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 09-05-2006, 03:59 PM

Guys, do you think this Sprintbooster will work on a car that has been chipped?

Old 09-05-2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jjarocki
Guys, do you think this Sprintbooster will work on a car that has been chipped?
It should work, Sprint Booster doesn't interfere with ECU's functionality.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:09 PM
skr

As I understand it, there was a 1st generation version that was really aggressive, and it especially caused problems with the automatics. Then the 2nd generation units were made in an auto and manual versions. The auto version can be used on both the auto and manual trannys, but the manual version is more aggressive and can only be used in the manual tranny. That being said, I've also heard that the first generation units were the more aggressive than the current manual version.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by upstate
I contacted the person from Singapore and it is not a knock off. Sure knock offs are made in far away places but think about it. Sneakers, Cd's, watches, pens, item's they will sell in large quantities. Our sprint booster is not one of those items. And if by some stretch it were a 10 or 20 dollar savings would not be what we would find. I bought one from him yesterday, now I'll be letting you all know how it works out. I agree buyer beware but this is a chance I felt comfortable with. Just because the product comes from Singapore does not mean its a knock off. If you believe that maybe you believe all the other cultural stereo types too. I'm as skeptical and cautious as they come, I assessed this one and feel comfortable. And by the way this attempt at an apology was a lame and one that just wanted to receive sympathy not one that was sincere.
upstate,

Thanks for the heads-up..The product has been shipped this morning...Product will be arriving at your doorsteps 3 days from now.

Have fun with the sprint booster. I can send you the DHL tracking reference via email.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:39 AM

Update of the buyer list...

Attached Images
SprintBoosterBuyersStatus.jpg (36.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 09-06-2006, 07:01 PM

Payment sent...

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - A "Must-have"!