Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Key Fob Won't Lock/Unlock Car

Old 07-27-2021, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob Won't Lock/Unlock Car

I've run into another issue. My key fob won't lock or unlock my car. I bought it used a week ago & it only came with one key fob. When I press the lock/unlock buttons the car's lights will flash as if it's locking/unlocking, but nothing happens.

What I've tried (with no success)
-changing battery in key fob
-changing 10amp fuse in fuse box
-synching the key fob using the following method
- put key in ignition, press lock or unlock twice, turn key to on/run position and wait 30 seconds, get out of the car, shut the doors, and attempt to lock/unlock
-tightening the battery cables

I've pretty much tried every solution I've seen on the forum. If anyone has any information that would be extremely helpful. Just to be clear, the key itself starts the vehicle & can lock/unlock the doors manually. I've got an appointment at the dealer about two weeks from now, but hoping to have the issue resolved before then.

EDIT: I've pulled my Central Locking Control Pump Module & this is what I found. A few small touches of corrosion... looks like there was water in the trunk at some point, but just doesn't seem like a lot of rust to me. Not sure if replacing this would solve my issue? See pictures.

EDIT #2: Took it to an independent Mercedes shop. The code thrown is as follows: "Driver cylinder lock switchSense (lock) short to supply voltage."

Board

Connector

Connector

Bottom of board

Connector

Last edited by Brady517; 08-02-2021 at 11:20 AM. Reason: More information
Old 07-28-2021, 08:39 AM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: Key Fob Won't Lock/Unlock Car

Hello,
Thank you for the information provided. I had very similar issues and it was my CLP/SSM. As many people here will tell you it is a waste of time to take these to the dealer anymore. A independent Mercedes shop would be a better bet there are a list of ones on this forum that people have had good dealings with.
I would see if any one in your area would let you borrow theirs. If not they are on ebay used and Needswings sells them new but they are non returnable due to them being special order.
I would also check and see if the headlights and dome/map light stays on after you get out of the car for about 40 seconds.
It may be as easy as cleaning those connections and connectors with alcohol I always use a non metallic brush to clean electronics then letting it dry and reassembling.
The tail of the dragon meet is coming up soon. If your not too far there will be 70ish crossfires there and a lot of people who love to help out.
Please follow up and let us know what the solution is.

The following users liked this post:
pacoelchato (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc78
Hello,
Thank you for the information provided. I had very similar issues and it was my CLP/SSM. As many people here will tell you it is a waste of time to take these to the dealer anymore. A independent Mercedes shop would be a better bet there are a list of ones on this forum that people have had good dealings with.
I would see if any one in your area would let you borrow theirs. If not they are on ebay used and Needswings sells them new but they are non returnable due to them being special order.
I would also check and see if the headlights and dome/map light stays on after you get out of the car for about 40 seconds.
It may be as easy as cleaning those connections and connectors with alcohol I always use a non metallic brush to clean electronics then letting it dry and reassembling.
The tail of the dragon meet is coming up soon. If your not too far there will be 70ish crossfires there and a lot of people who love to help out.
Please follow up and let us know what the solution is.
I tried cleaning all the connections, re-installed & no luck. I’m going to take it to an independent Mercedes shop in the next few days. I appreciate your insight & would love to come to the meet. I actually grew up about 25 min from The Dragon.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:50 PM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-4-2021-a.html
Here is the link for the Dragon. i wont be in attendance this year. I hope next year.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc78
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-4-2021-a.html
Here is the link for the Dragon. i wont be in attendance this year. I hope next year.
What is the part number for the clp/ssm connectors that you recently bought? That would help a lot of forum members.

Old 07-28-2021, 01:18 PM

I messaged needswings. Sorry that I don't have a part number for them. They provided the small 18 pin connector female pin with wire already attached and I spliced it in. Each one of those pins were about $ 9.00 apiece.
The larger connector to the rear of the CLP/SSM I got those pins as well from needswings. I do not have a part number. I have a lot of them left over aprox 10. I paid about $ 3.00 a piece for those.
I have read that a lot of the CLP/SSM when you order them from EBAY come with the connections still attached.
Hope this helps.