Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

EGR valve Check valve?

Old 08-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR valve Check valve?

Decided to replace all my vacuum hoses with black silicone hoses today and came across this check valve without a home. My car is a 2006 NA coupe, earlier cars may or may not have it. I couldn't find it in the 2005 service or parts manual. You know how hard it is to navigate through those manuals.
The egr valve switching solenoid has a yellowish colored body and connector at the right rear of engine. There are four vac hoses attached, two towards rear of car and two towards the front. The vac hose with the check valve is the front top one. One end of hose (approx. 3" long 90) attaches to the top of the yellow solenoid the other end had this check valve (?) just hanging from the hose. Looks to me like half of the valve is missing, there is only one vacuum stem on it and the other end appears to be missing or missing a cap. If one end of mine is missing where does that vacuum line go? Any idea of the part number of the check valve? Or does yours look like mine in pics below? I did attach my vacuum gauge to the hose with car running and no vacuum, the yellow solenoid probably didn't get a signal to open yet... dunno. Any help greatly appreciated.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC01467.JPG (339.9 KB, 103 views)
DSC01471.JPG (30.3 KB, 83 views)
DSC01477.JPG (38.0 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by marksill; 08-10-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Received 599 Likes on 502 Posts
Default Re: EGR valve Check valve?

Originally Posted by marksill
Decided to replace all my vacuum hoses with black silicone hoses today and came across this check valve without a home. My car is a 2006 NA coupe, earlier cars may or may not have it. I couldn't find it in the 2005 service or parts manual. You know how hard it is to navigate through those manuals.
The egr valve switching solenoid has a yellowish colored body and connector at the right rear of engine. There are four vac hoses attached, two towards rear of car and two towards the front. The vac hose with the check valve is the front top one. One end of hose (approx. 3" long 90) attaches to the top of the yellow solenoid the other end had this check valve (?) just hanging from the hose. Looks to me like half of the valve is missing, there is only one vacuum stem on it and the other end appears to be missing or missing a cap. If one end of mine is missing where does that vacuum line go? Any idea of the part number of the check valve? Or does yours look like mine in pics below? I did attach my vacuum gauge to the hose with car running and no vacuum, the yellow solenoid probably didn't get a signal to open yet... dunno. Any help greatly appreciated.
2005 Service Manual
EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION - Section 25 - page 23

Old 08-10-2014, 02:25 PM

2005 Service Manual
EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION - Section 25 - page 23
I saw that earlier but still found no reference to the check valve, seemed the manual only mentioned the hoses.
Autozone website provided my answer maybe, unless the valve snaps onto something on the car? Their pic shows the valve wide open just like mine. weird, why would there be five holes in it if it's open to atmosphere, maybe it's a dump valve?
Case closed I guess unless the valve snaps onto something I'm not aware of.
Thanks 180

Attached Images
4.jpg (31.4 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by marksill; 08-10-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:25 PM

Did anyone figure this out? I just discovered the exact same thing. A tube with an elbow bend and a connecter of some type hanging loosen from the egr solenoid. I started looking and behind the sc pulley I found a clear plastic tube with nothing connected. So.... While trying to connect the clear tube to the egr solenoid I pulled it loose from WHEREVER it connects toward the rear of the motor, driver's side. What the hell does it connect to back there?!!! Damn I don't want to pull the exhaust manifold to figure it out but no doubt it will start coding if I don't reconnect it. Any schematic available on all this emissions tubing etc?