Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

CarChip

Old 05-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CarChip

I thought you all might be interested in this thing:

http://www.carchip.com

It's a little chip about the size of your thumb that plugs into the OBDII port and records up to 300 hours of data, from acceleration and RPMs to Intake air temperature and battery voltage. When you're done recording you take it out and plug it into your computer and it downloads all of the data in graph form. $179. Seems quite convenient. I'd assume it would be for recording your own track times as you don't have to worry about having your laptop in the way and tons of wires dangling all over the car.

Old 05-11-2004, 01:18 PM

It's like the "Tattle Tail" chip a lot of cars have in them now or the recorder boxes that some trucking lines put on their trucks to keep drivers honest.

May be a good tool for Ralleys, but I don't know what other uses I would have for the data it collects. Now if it tracked and recorded Gs, max. hp and torque, it would really be something worth investing a couple of bucks on.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Forum Regular

Well, yeah, doesn't it record HP and torque? I guess I just assumed it did. I noticed that it didn't record lateral G's, I was a little disappointed by that.

Oh well.