Southeast Forum Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN.

SC owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SC owners

Originally Posted by BorlaCrossfire04
Hey thanks for meeting up on sat!

When is everyone going to the dragon......fri or sat? ? ? ? ?
We will be leaving Irmo at 10:00 am Friday. Looking forward to it...

Last edited by BDSXF; 04-02-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:56 PM

Just got my Crossfire little less than two months ago. I live in Charleston SC, and i swear these cars multiply weekly!! Got a question for you Borla, Im guessing you have a Borla exhaust on your car, and i recently installed a Borla exhaust on the car and was quite disappointed in the sound, wondering if its just as quite for you as well.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by BorlaCrossfire04
Hey thanks for meeting up on sat!

When is everyone going to the dragon......fri or sat? ? ? ? ?
Just in case anyone else is going to the Dragon on Friday. I will be leaving the Myrtle Beach area around 10:00 am, be in Columbia area about noon and the Sparenburg area about 2:30. Would like to meet up with anyone for the drive to Fontana. Be safe and see you all there.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How about a report on who made it to the Tail of the dragon? My Dad and I joined the group at lunch in Robbinsville and left the lodge about 6:30 to drive home. We came up in my black srt and left Dad's charcoal gray srt at home. Had a great time meeting people and driving, but I know we didn't meet everyone. Who else went up?
Jeff.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:45 AM

Hello there Jeff,

My wife & I were there Saturday - never did meet up with the main bunch but as I was making my last run south on 129 came across about 8 heading north on 129. Did a uee and joined up with them. This was about 3:30 or so - the Dragon was just getting dry. We drove up to a Hardee's on 411 then came back down 129.

In this bunch was a gray SRT (I think it was the only SRT), but no black ones. Had two black roadsters, a yellow roadster, black limited, two black base a silver and a blue limited. My memory is not worth a plug nickle, so I don't remember the names of the nice folk we talked with. Several were from Pennsylvania & one was from Minnesota - did they get the longest drive nod?

We are just down the road from you folks - live between Anderson - Greenville & Easley (in the triangle between 85, 8 & 81). Shop is on 29 just off exit 34.

Have you seen the pictures yet? I found over 50 of my car - US129 was the first to post. Zeefoto was next. I haven't looked at Killboy yet.

All in all, I made about 6 runs - been a few years since I'd been up there. There didn't used to be anyone taking pictures - with either cameras or radar.

My car is the black base with the SRT rhinoplasty.

Henry

Old 04-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey i think i was in your group were you driving a black base?
i was in the black limited

Originally Posted by hpmotors
Hello there Jeff,

My wife & I were there Saturday - never did meet up with the main bunch but as I was making my last run south on 129 came across about 8 heading north on 129. Did a uee and joined up with them. This was about 3:30 or so - the Dragon was just getting dry. We drove up to a Hardee's on 411 then came back down 129.

In this bunch was a gray SRT (I think it was the only SRT), but no black ones. Had two black roadsters, a yellow roadster, black limited, two black base a silver and a blue limited. My memory is not worth a plug nickle, so I don't remember the names of the nice folk we talked with. Several were from Pennsylvania & one was from Minnesota - did they get the longest drive nod?

We are just down the road from you folks - live between Anderson - Greenville & Easley (in the triangle between 85, 8 & 81). Shop is on 29 just off exit 34.

Have you seen the pictures yet? I found over 50 of my car - US129 was the first to post. Zeefoto was next. I haven't looked at Killboy yet.

All in all, I made about 6 runs - been a few years since I'd been up there. There didn't used to be anyone taking pictures - with either cameras or radar.

My car is the black base with the SRT rhinoplasty.

Henry

Old 04-09-2008, 05:17 PM

We ended up at Hardee's too. At least we did make the run twice. We were in one of the black roadsters. The one with the mesh grille. We left on Sunday morning and did not make the run on Sunday. We never made the loop.
I hope all SC owners can get together soon. We live in Charleston and if weather permits we like to drive up to Myrtle Beach.

We did put the top down on Sunday when we hit Spartanburg

John & Dorothy

Old 04-10-2008, 05:39 AM

Hello John, Dorothy & maniusmc.

Yep, I was in the black base, but I think there were two of us with one. Hard to notice, but mine has the SRT schnoze with the foglights that aren't wired up yet .
Black sure seemed to be the color with your roadster (I did look at the grill - love that mesh).

maniusmc - I am sure we talked a bit about cars - you were hoping to see some different exhaust systems as I recall. Just got your car in December, right? Cars and people I remember - names last maybe 30 seconds.

I'm actually going to be in Charleston next week - doing some work for a property acquisition at the Citadel Mall. I went to school in Summerville, but haven't lived in the low country for 40 years so I enjoy getting back now and again. I am also going to be in Myrtle Beach (more work) at some point. When are you guys going to be there? Last time I went I drove the Crossfire - love driving the thing but the tire cost bugs me a bit.

I've actually considered getting a set of front wheels for the back and putting some cheapo tires on it for interstate cruising and saving the CSC3's for things like the gap. Only thing I've ever owned that used up tires faster than the Xfire are my race cars.
cheers

I certainly enjoyed the cars/people we did see/meet as that was the most Xfires I've ever seen at one time. Hate that we missed the main group and the rest of the cars/people. Maybe next time.
cheers

Henry

Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 AM

Henry, we go up to Myrtle at least every other week-end. Just to drive with the top down have lunch and relax. Next rime anyone feels we can meet on a Saturday or Sunday let us know.

Henry, try to make the October meet in Fontana. If you see the killboy pictures we counted 38 crossfires and I know of three that did not make the group picture.

I just ordered the CAI from needswings. They should be here in a week. The Forum obtained a special group price @ $350. Thirty sets were ordered so far.

John

Old 04-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Borla, did you make it to the dragon? I was hoping to finally meet you, but instead we missed you. It was great fun in spite of the rain.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Question Re: SC owners

Originally Posted by fastfunfor2
Borla, did you make it to the dragon? I was hoping to finally meet you, but instead we missed you. It was great fun in spite of the rain.
I was wondering that same Question, I don't think so, unless he was lost?
Borla & Borla's Dad, Please check in?
Thanks,
Bill (SF)

Old 04-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, i started a new job last week. i work at garlington and roper mtn. last week i passed a black roadster on roper mtn rd. at about 5:00pm and yesterday i passed a red coupe on garlington at about 9:30am. was that anyone on this forum?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Forum Regular

I'd guess the black one was me and my wife going to look at furniture for our new house.

Originally Posted by eruby
ok, i started a new job last week. i work at garlington and roper mtn. last week i passed a black roadster on roper mtn rd. at about 5:00pm and yesterday i passed a red coupe on garlington at about 9:30am. was that anyone on this forum?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

saw a black roadster headed south on 290 towards greer at about 8:00pm last nite. anybody from here??

Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 PM

Keep your eyes peeled for a 2007 Blue Roadster with NY tags in July,comin down to visit my daughter in Simpsonville.Planning on doing the Dragon while I'm there...can't wait.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've relocated to Charleston to film a TV series until October. I have my RACE CROSSFIRE here with me and just ran Roebling Road in Savannah this weekend and placed 3rd of 32.

Would love to meet some of the southeast Crossfire owners while I'm here....

Old 05-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on third placeWere you running the SRT motor?

Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 PM

Howdy guys I'm back....had a major virus on the computer....but its rough to get on here some days...here are the updates:

1. I'm in the process of getting hired on with the south carolina highway patrol...PT test july 1st. I have been running/working out everyday to get into better shape
2. Add a new crossifre to my family!!!! My brother is currently selling his 2001 Celica GT and getting a 04 White coupe 6spd. (that makes 3)

And finally My Dad, brother and I have finally gotten our 1970 Chevelle 454 to fun again. Come to find out we broke all valve springs. But we also had to change oil, drain and repaint fuel tank, and new battery. Up next....SUPERCHARGER haha maybe.

Sorry for being out so long and missing the dragon. We had inventory @home depot that week and I was forced to work that weekend per my manager

So I will be seeing some of you around the greenville area......

Old 05-31-2008, 02:57 PM

just wanted to say hello. I live in FORT MILL, (beside charlotte where CAROWINDS is at). Anytime you want to get together let me know.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 PM

I just got my Borla catback exhaust on today.....hit me with a PM if you want to hear it in the live

Quick Reply: SC owners