South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

GTG DFW XFIRES SAT MAY 15 Cruise/food/fun

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post GTG DFW XFIRES SAT MAY 15 Cruise/food/fun

Here is my phone # if u are running late, let us know, Thanks Danny/Sonia 469-567-7332

Littlewing ask me to post this, she is covered up at work!

Cruise to East Texas, Canton /Ben wheeler/Edom/ MINELOA, I-20 E towards Tyler. There are some great Farm to

market rds to run. There are also some great photo OPS, And great eats. This will allow us to drive our

cars in a group and represent the crossfire! So sign on and bring a friend that has not experienced the

thrill of the crossfire . All crossfire are welcome so all and any come join us. DFWXfires

Note : this gtg will be most of the day, will start out about 9 am from Mesquite TX. Will post photo"s and

a tentative itinerary later today, which will be open for discussion and suggestion are welcome

Here is the itinerary info as it stands now! AND photo"s

GTG DFW X- FIRES GROUP

ALL WELCOME! GET THE WORD OUT! LET'S JUST DO IT !

DFW X-Fires GTG – Saturday, May 15th

This GTG includes several photo ops and several miles of driving/cruising on some great roads with some good curves. This GTG is for all to have a great time and meet other crossfire owners and just have fun.

Trip to Van Zandt County, Canton, Ben Wheeler, Edom./Minaloa
  1. Meet at 9:00 am at Chevron Station on Town East Blvd in Mesquite, TX. Leave at 10:30am. EXIT
  2. Take 635 to 80 East, connect w/ I-20 at Terrell.
  3. Continue to I-20 and FM 47, go south on 47 to Hwy 243, turn left or East on 243, proceed to Canton, Tx on 243.
  4. From Canton take Hwy 19 South towards Athens, go about 2 miles, turn left on first Fm Rd 2909. stop a Hatfields auto Restoration see below
  5. Proceed from here right on 2909 towards Martin Mills to flag pole photo op (see photos). There is an Exxon station a mile from here that we can stop at if needed.
  6. Proceed from Martin Mill to Ben Wheeler. Stop in Ben Wheeler and take photo ops of RC Cola sign / feed store, etc.
  7. There is a small nice park here, we could do a picnic or just photo ops - need input.
  8. Leave Ben Wheeler and proceed to Edom and get a drink and photo ops . There are some places to browse and shop. Very small town. Some photo ops available! Be here for 30 min.
  9. Leave Edom and take various Fm roads back to Mineola. There are some several photo ops there. Eat at kitchens hard ware. There are a lot of shopping places here! see below Take Hwy 80 back towards Dallas, stop in Grand Saline there are a few photo op"s here. Then head home
Note: Understand that some may have to leave at some point to get back home or they are not coming from Dallas area and will be leaving to go home a different way.

Members traveling from directions other than Dallas should exchange MP #'s with the others as so to stay in touch of where to meet up.

Need everyone's input on the below:
  •  
    • Picnic, eats?
    • Cafe, eats?
    • Other?
    • All is open for discussion or suggestions.
We want to reach out to other Crossfire owners in Tyler, Longview, Athens, etc. So we can meet halfway from time to time! They may have their own group or maybe already a member of the DFW Xfires. All are welcome regardless. Bring a friend and let then enjoy the Xfire experience.

Note: I have 5 or 6 2-way radios that I will bring because some areas do not have mobile phone service. So we can keep in touch with each other if needed to when driving in a group.

Note: More aggressive drivers should stay to the front of group.

ImageShack Album - 34 images

Click on the above link for photos

Sign On List! All aboard

1. erric===========Eric========SSB coupe with new paint

2. CrossCar========Bren and Vern==Red Roadster

3. Texas t ========Danny and Sonia=ABP srt coupe

4. littlewing========Judi Black coupe

5. raptormickey====He and his wife /FT WORTH

http://www.fallfarm.com/restaurants.htm
http://www.lovemineola.com/
http://www.hatfieldrestorations.com/
http://www.easttexasgators.com/contact.html Maybe another time!

Last edited by texas t; 06-02-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: GTG DFW XFIRES SAT MAY 15 Cruise/food / fun

Count me in

Old 04-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Talking Re: GTG DFW XFIRES SAT MAY 15 Cruise/food / fun

Originally Posted by eeric
Count me in
Way to go Eric

Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Danny, Saturday is a good day for us! Count us in (If it's not raining). Vern & Bren

Last edited by Crosscar; 04-22-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Post Re: GTG DFW XFIRES SAT MAY 15 Cruise/food / fun

Originally Posted by texas t
Littlewing ask me to post this, she is covered up at work!

Cruise to East Texas, Canton /Ben wheeler/Edom, I-20 E towards Tyler. There are some great Farm to

market rds to run. There are also some great photo OPS, And great eats. This will allow us to drive our

cars in a group and represent the crossfire! So sign on and bring a friend that has not experienced the

thrill of the crossfire . All crossfire are welcome so all and any come join us. DFWXfires

Note : this gtg will be most of the day, will start out about 10 am from Mesquite TX. Will post photo"s and

a tentative itinerary later today, which will be open for discussion and suggestion are welcome

GTG DFW X- FIRES GROUP

This GTG includes several photo ops and several miles of driving/cruising on some great roads with some good curves. This GTG is for all to have a great time and meet other crossfire owners and just have fun.

Trip to Van Zandt County, Canton, Ben Wheeler, Edom.
  1. Meet at 10:00 am at Chevron Station on Town East Blvd in Mesquite, TX. Leave at 10:30am.
  3. Continue to I-20 and FM 47, go south on 47 to Hwy 243, turn left or East on 243, proceed to Canton, Tx on 243.
  4. From Canton take Hwy 19 South towards Athens, go about 2 miles, turn left on first Fm Rd 2909.
  5. Travel about 3 miles and stop at Hatfield's Auto Restorations. He has an old gas station set-up with pumps, display only. Will be a good photo op (see photos). No restrooms here.
  6. Proceed from here right on 2909 towards Martin Mills to flag pole photo op (see photos). There is an Exxon station a mile from here that we can stop at if needed.
  7. Proceed from Martin Mill to Ben Wheeler. Stop in Ben Wheeler and take photo ops of RC Cola sign / feed store, etc.
  8. There is a small nice park here, we could do a picnic or just photo ops - need input.
  9. Leave Ben Wheeler and proceed to Edom and eat if no picnic. The Shed has good home cooking. There are some places to browse and shop. Very small town. Some photo ops available! Be here for 1.5 to 2 hours.
  10. Leave Edom and take various Fm roads back to Hwy 19. Proceed north on 19 to Canton. Proceed to Hwy to Hwy 243 1st intersection as come into town turn right ,go to 64, turn left, go about 1 mile, turn right on Hwy 17. Proceed to Grand Saline. There are some photo ops there. Take Hwy 80 back to Dallas, pick up I-20 in Terrell.
Note: Understand that some may have to leave at some point to get back home or they are not coming from Dallas area and will be leaving to go home a different way.

Members traveling from directions other than Dallas should exchange MP #'s with the others as so to stay in touch of where to meet up.

•  
    • Picnic, eats?
    • Cafe, eats?
    • Other?
We want to reach out to other Crossfire owners in Tyler, Longview, Athens, etc. So we can meet halfway from time to time! They may have their own group or maybe already a member of the DFW Xfires. All are welcome regardless. Bring a friend and let then enjoy the Xfire experience.

Note: I have 5 or 6 2-way radios that I will bring because some areas do not have mobile phone service. So we can keep in touch with each other if needed to when driving in a group.

Sign On List! All aboard

3. Texas t ========Danny and Sonia=ABP srt coupe

Sign in and lets make this a great GTG

Old 04-22-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Crosscar
Hey Danny, Saturday is a good day for us! Count us in (If it's not raining). Vern & Bren
That"s great looking foward to getting together with everyone, this should be fun, Danny and Sonia

Old 04-27-2010, 07:46 PM

Sign me up too!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by littlewing
Sign me up too!

Got you littlewing. We are at four cars now!

Old 04-30-2010, 03:03 PM

bump A Dee:d:d:d:d

Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Regrets (away to work). Have fun and thanks for including me in the forum.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Smile Re: GTG DFW XFIRES SAT MAY 15 Cruise/food / fun

[BUMP A DEE

quote=texas t]Littlewing ask me to post this, she is covered up at work!

Cruise to East Texas, Canton /Ben wheeler/Edom, I-20 E towards Tyler. There are some great Farm to

Note : this gtg will be most of the day, will start out about 10 am from Mesquite TX. Will post photo"s and

GTG DFW X- FIRES GROUP

Trip to Van Zandt County, Canton, Ben Wheeler, Edom.
  1. Meet at 10:00 am at Chevron Station on Town East Blvd in Mesquite, TX. Leave at 10:30am.
  4. From Canton take Hwy 19 South towards Athens, go about 2 miles, turn left on first Fm Rd 2909.
  5. Travel about 3 miles and stop at Hatfield's Auto Restorations. He has an old gas station set-up with pumps, display only. Will be a good photo op (see photos). No restrooms here.
  6. Proceed from here right on 2909 towards Martin Mills to flag pole photo op (see photos). There is an Exxon station a mile from here that we can stop at if needed.
  7. Proceed from Martin Mill to Ben Wheeler. Stop in Ben Wheeler and take photo ops of RC Cola sign / feed store, etc.
  8. There is a small nice park here, we could do a picnic or just photo ops - need input.
  9. Leave Ben Wheeler and proceed to Edom and eat if no picnic. The Shed has good home cooking. There are some places to browse and shop. Very small town. Some photo ops available! Be here for 1.5 to 2 hours.
  10. Leave Edom and take various Fm roads back to Hwy 19. Proceed north on 19 to Canton. Proceed to Hwy to Hwy 243 1st intersection as come into town turn right ,go to 64, turn left, go about 1 mile, turn right on Hwy 17. Proceed to Grand Saline. There are some photo ops there. Take Hwy 80 back to Dallas, pick up I-20 in Terrell.

•  
    • Picnic, eats?
    • Cafe, eats?
    • Other?

Sign On List! All aboard

3. Texas t ========Danny and Sonia=ABP srt coupe ===call if running late to meet up 469-349-3241

4. littlewing========Judi Black coupe[/quote]

5. raptormickey==== He and his wife roadster Ft Worth

Last edited by texas t; 05-10-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Default Re: GTG DFW XFIRES SAT MAY 15 Cruise/food/fun

Dan. I an open as to what to do about picnic, eating, etc.

We need all that say they want to cruise to come on out and go with us!!!!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Smile Re: GTG DFW XFIRES SAT MAY 15 Cruise/food/fun

Originally Posted by littlewing
Dan. I an open as to what to do about picnic, eating, etc.

We need all that say they want to cruise to come on out and go with us!!!!
=======

Yes, Judi maybe as the date gets closer, more will chime in, the food can go either way with me i am up

for either. The GTG and cruise should be fun for all that come. We can just take it easy and enjoy the company , the cruise, the countryside and laid back country feeling! Danny and Sonia

Old 05-10-2010, 01:43 PM

=======

Yes, Judi maybe as the date gets closer, more will chime in, the food can go either way with me i am up

for either. The GTG and cruise should be fun for all that come. We can just take it easy and enjoy the company , the cruise, the countryside and laid back country feeling! Danny and Sonia

I emailed and pm everyone today in a 150 mile raduis. Also if u are running late to chevon station in Mesqiite call and let us know 214-349-3241 Danny and Sonia SEE Ya"LL THere

Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 PM

Sounds good but unfortunately I have to work most Saturdays....Ya'll have fun!
Andy

Old 05-10-2010, 03:27 PM

The wife and I expect to join you on the May 15 Cruise/food/fun. Black SRT conv.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by raptormickey
The wife and I expect to join you on the May 15 Cruise/food/fun. Black SRT conv.

Looking forward, to visiting with you and your wife, Danny and Sonia

Old 05-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Forum Regular

Hey Danny,
could you tell me what the cross street is for the Chevron Station. My GPS doesn't show me a Chevron on Town East Blvd

Meet at 10:00 am at Chevron Station on Town East Blvd in Mesquite, TX. Leave at 10:30am.

3. Texas t ========Danny and Sonia=ABP srt coupe ===call if running late to meet up 469-349-3241

4. littlewing========Judi Black coupe
5. raptormickey==== He and his wife roadster Ft Worth[/quote]

Old 05-13-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by eeric
Hey Danny,
could you tell me what the cross street

5. raptormickey==== He and his wife roadster Ft Worth
[/quote]Find the Closest Chevron Station

Old 05-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Forum Regular