South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

15 Xfires running at Texas Motor Speedway!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: 15 Xfires running at Texas Motor Speedway!

Originally Posted by Stogey
Hey Dan, just wanted to send a big KUDO to the DFW group and especially you and your lovely Espousa for being such GREAT Hosts and doing all the leg work to make this thing happen ! Great meeting everyone from DFWXFire and the guys and gals from Oklahoma.
Racing around the TRACK at over 110 mph was............what's the word ? SPECTACULAR !!!

Thanks again DFW for your Hospitality !!!

Pics and video soon to come !
Thanks Hal! All the credit really goes to all you great guys and gals that went to the effort to show up and make the event so much fun. All I did was start a thread and make a few phone calls.

Credit also goes to SRT-6 Steve who brought this event to my attention at a DFWXfire GTG last year. And let's not forget Littlewing who made the suggestion to go to Babes for lunch. Unfortunately, she woke up sick yesterday morning and was not able to make it.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to echo everyone's sentiments on this one. This was by far the best GTG I have been to. I am still smiling ear to ear today. It was great to everyone from DFW and OK. I'll be there everytime you back to TMS.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:13 AM

That was Awesome! . . . .Thanks for getting this started.
I had a Blast!
I feel so lucky to have been there, especially in second and then first... Thank You!!
Wow what a great bunch of people! Permagrin every where!!!!
Did anyone notice how the pace car guy liked to go faster in the curves?
And let off on the straight.
And how it plants you in the seat in the turn.
The car felt very stable!
I thought it might go kinda lazy slow (OH NO)
It was plenty fast!!!!
WoWWoWWoW

Old 05-11-2009, 04:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man, that is so friggin' awesome to be able to go out on a track like that! Congrats to all of you!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you guys had a blast. Wish my weekends had worked out so I could attend.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bhays
Looks like you guys had a blast. Wish my weekends had worked out so I could attend.
Goes double for me, I'll try to arrange time for the next one. The Boss owes me one, Hehehehe.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bhays
Yes, too bad you couldn't pick up the car a week sooner! Your new car is sitting just a couple of mile from Texas Motor Speedway.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Harleyracefan
That was Awesome! . . . .Thanks for getting this started.
I had a Blast!
I feel so lucky to have been there, especially in second and then first... Thank You!!
Wow what a great bunch of people! Permagrin every where!!!!
Did anyone notice how the pace car guy liked to go faster in the curves?
And let off on the straight.
And how it plants you in the seat in the turn.
The car felt very stable!
I thought it might go kinda lazy slow (OH NO)
It was plenty fast!!!!
WoWWoWWoW
On the second sesion when we went much faster, I really noticed how my car was really being pushed down on the track. My car felt really planted and while there weren't any bumps, I was getting a tire rub in the right rear which meant the car was getting pushed down so hard that my lowered suspension was completely compressed and my rear tires are 265's which isn't overly wide.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:35 AM

Good Monday Morning all y'all.
I would like to thank evryone individually and as a group fo making this one of Life
s most memorable events. My anniversary of 54 years was on 7 May, doing 100+ on a highbanked Speedway on 9 May, and being back home on 10 May for Mother's Day with my bride made it an extra special time for me. The Good Lord wiling and the creeks don't rise, I will be there in September and Eileen will be with me as long as she doesn't break anything else.
My SPECIAL thanks go to INFERNO Dan for getting this organized, to STOGEY for guiding me thru the jungles of Austin, Waco and Ft Worth (IH-35) and to fellow CTC Member rGordiner and wife for making the trip. Seeing Lantana and EErich again was great and meeting for the first time the Okies, and all the DFW group, made it the awsome GTG it was. Great cameraderie, tales, lies and swapping info, too bad it was so short.
My worst nightmare came true tho, the (#^**-%$#) Camera didn't shoot the event. I must apologize for that and makes it doubly imperative I have a co-rider next event.
I know there are going to be some "Gee I wish I had gone" people at our GTG this Sunday 17 May when Ron and Hal and I discuss the running of the Crossfires. BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!!!
Thanks again Dan, great meeting you and your child bride, , Cher, JoeJet, and all the rest my CRS hasn't organized yet.
LADIES and GENTLEMEN, Prepare your engines.

John P
FTroopChief

Attached Thumbnails 15 Xfires running at Texas Motor Speedway!-10_02_02_09_12_43_40_0.jpg  
Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey John it was my pleasure ! Thank you for waiting on us at the Bill Miller.
I downloaded the video's and pictures from my camera last night and should have everything on the net tonight. If you don't mind Kitten's COLOR Commentary through the 100mph high banks, I'll burn you a copy on CD !

Old 05-11-2009, 03:45 PM

HarleyRaceFan . . . (AKA) . . . Ricky Bobby...

My co-pilot (sister) took a few videos too, but sound was compromized by the engine I guess?
Some reason my old pc at home wont read the disc but I should do better at work tues. Anyone ever ride the spindle top ride at Six Flags? Wow stuck to the wall!!! I touched the white line once and that felt strange....
BTW my Co-pilot said she had a blast and thanx too, now she knows why I always talk about the group GTGs...

Old 05-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Wink Re: 15 Xfires running at Texas Motor Speedway!

Thanks Hal, and meowwww. Have I got a story to tell about going home. Met the nicest most polite State Trooper at 12:32 AM at mile marker 252 in BFE. Peobably could've burned me, but got a warning, no penalty no fine. Thank you Barney Fife. Next time I'm going to have a lookout if I have to pick one up on the road :). Hope to see you Sun, if not , next time

Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FTroopChief
Thanks Hal, and meowwww. Have I got a story to tell about going home. Met the nicest most polite State Trooper at 12:32 AM at mile marker 252 in BFE. Peobably could've burned me, but got a warning, no penalty no fine. Thank you Barney Fife. Next time I'm going to have a lookout if I have to pick one up on the road :). Hope to see you Sun, if not , next time
John, I'm Glad Barney was feeling friendly! Did you drive back home Saturday night? For us, driving home felt like we were going a snails pace.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
John, I'm Glad Barney was feeling friendly! Did you drive back home Saturday night? For us, driving home felt like we were going a snails pace.
Driving home did seem real slow at 70mph! This was a great event! I only had to drive north two exits and I was home Can't wait to do it again. My wife may go with me next time. I an just worried she will be yelling SLOW DOWN!! It was a little disconcerting hear the right rear tire rubbing on the inner fender. I really don't have to worry about this on the street and the race track was sooo smooth. The G forces bottomed out my lowered suspension. I just bought a set of springs from FP and am going to raise the car just a bit and restest at the speedway in September!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:55 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Driving home did seem real slow at 70mph! This was a great event! I only had to drive north two exits and I was home Can't wait to do it again. My wife may go with me next time. I an just worried she will be yelling SLOW DOWN!! It was a little disconcerting hear the right rear tire rubbing on the inner fender. I really don't have to worry about this on the street and the race track was sooo smooth. The G forces bottomed out my lowered suspension. I just bought a set of springs from FP and am going to raise the car just a bit and restest at the speedway in September!
Do you need to practice cutting the springs less on an SRT6? LOL

Old 05-11-2009, 07:00 PM

Who was it that had the MB 320 brakes I like that idea, was it a simple bolt on or proportion valvestuff too?
I wana upgrade my brakes like that!
Before next time . . . count me in . . . (YEAH !!)

Old 05-11-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Do you need to practice cutting the springs less on an SRT6? LOL
Sure bring it over when I do mine. It will be easy doing two at once. I think the SRT would do well with just half a coil.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:54 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Sure bring it over when I do mine. It will be easy doing two at once. I think the SRT would do well with just half a coil.
My thoughts too. Let me know when you are working on yours!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Was planning on a RON in Waco but decided to take 281 instead of I35. Left the track on 114 and got on 81. Bad move. Still daylight and driving 80 was comfortable. Halfway to Witchita Falls, I said O S***!!! Getting dark I stopped at a truck stop and had some dinner. Got directions and went up to Bowie and then cattywanpus southwest on 59. Hit 281 and was trying to decide where to RON. Was in BFE and no motels. Trying to watch speed and didn't want to use CC in dark so it kinda yo-yo'd. Saw a car coming my way so naturally dimmed my lights and checked speedo. Said 70mph. Lights passed me and turned around and became flashing lights. I thought O Carp, a flasher at twelve 30.
We stopped and this Trooper came up and said (squeaky voice) yew know yew were speeding? I told him I checked my speedo and it was 70. He said (squeaky) Ah cain assssure yew, yew were doon 77 in a 65 zone. I said I didn't realize it SIR, and I'm sorry. He said, (squeaky) Whar yew comm'n frum? I told him I just did a children's charity in Ft Worth, (did not think it advisable to tell him at 100+ mph) He said, (squeaky) Lat me see yore driver's license and inshoorence. Gave him my DL and looked in glove box for insurance. O Carp!! Then remembered I had put papers in web behind the seat. I started to get it and he said just wait a minute while I check yew out. He went back to flasher and came back in a couple minutes. I had my ins card by now and when he got to the car I said do you want my ins card? Sir? He said , (lower squeaky) no I got yew on the computer. He asked where I was going and I said Marble Falls to get a room, Kerrville too far to drive. He said, (deep Squeaky) Ahm jest goin to give yew a wahrnin, no fine no penalty, yew take it easy and drive slow. Ah Sayd, YES SIR. THANK YEW. SIR!!
By that time I had hives and no medicine, so drove to WallyWorld Marble Falls, got some Benedryl. 2 dozen Roses, and a bag of chips and cheeze dip and some adult beverage to rinse it down.
I drove to a nice Rest Area I knew on 290 between Johnson City and Fredricksburg, had a snack and a rinse, stretched my legs and checked my shorts, had 60 miles to go and got home at 05:00.
Actualy, no insult to the Officer intended, but I'm glad he didn't shine his light on my face at the wrong time. Thinking about writing a letter to his Commander about how efficient, proficient, polite and professional he was. I'd vote for him for Shurrf.

Anon

Old 05-11-2009, 09:44 PM

JP that's funnier than 'chit' ! Glad the State Boy was in an apparently good mood !

Quick Reply: 15 Xfires running at Texas Motor Speedway!