South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

CTC February GTG

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: CTC February GTG

Originally Posted by Mrs._007_MI6
Whoop! You are coming to my neck in the woods!
(Jerad's idea, but I guess you could say Mrs. Jerad will work out the final details seeing as how I have more free time on my hands)
Has anyone heard if any of the other Newbies that were at the last G2G will come?
We'll need the plan soon with a meet up area and time for the trip. That way the ones you haven't signed on yet can decide. Willie is on the list, haven't seen LonnieS.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FTroopChief
Paul, did you order a top ender> I can bring mine to the meet if you want to look at it. The jebsco.
John, I'm glad to hear your car is back in action and I have not decided if I want one yet still thinkin on it but thanks for the great info. Has anyone heard from any of the other CTC members lately?
Here is the list..

February 8th GTG

1. Jerad
2. Bill
3. John
4. Willie
5. Paul
6. aftcg

Last edited by PAULW; 01-26-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't heard a squeak......oops.....word

John P

FTroopChief

Member # 15

what's with the photo bucket>

Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Is it La Grange? The CTC cars can meet up at San Marcos or Kyle and run the back roads to where ever we are to meet up with the Houston area cars. It doesn't look like any other CTC cars are going to speak up so lets firm it up , what do yall think?

February 8th GTG

1. Jerad (may as well be CTC)

2. Bill (CTC)
3. John (CTC)
4. Willie (CTC)
5. Paul (CTC)
6. aftcg (Houston)

Old 01-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Forum Regular

Firming it up now. Should be able to post it at lunch here in about 30 minutes. Trying to find a good way to back road it and stay on pavement

Old 01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PAULW
Is it La Grange? The CTC cars can meet up at San Marcos or Kyle and run the back roads to where ever we are to meet up with the Houston area cars. It doesn't look like any other CTC cars are going to speak up so lets firm it up , what do yall think?

February 8th GTG

2. Bill (CTC)
3. John (CTC)
4. Willie (CTC)
5. Paul (CTC)
6. aftcg (Houston)
LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Forum Regular
Lightbulb Re: CTC February GTG

Ok, let's start here. I have been trying to figure out how to best work this, and if we eat at Klump's, http://www.klumpscafe.com/, then it looks like meeting in Carmine on Hwy 290 at the 458 intersection might work best. Then we can country road it to Round Top and to La Grange. Most of those roads between Bastrop and Round Top are not real friendly, and they have torn some of them up to redo (not sure if they are done yet). If 'yall came 21 to Bastrop then 290 to Carmine, it would be mostly country. Might actually have time to go pre-drive some roads this weekend.

Here is my current plan:
1) Meet in Carmine at Hwy 290 & 458 (Centennial St.).
2) Spur 458 to 237
3) Stop at Klump's in Round Top for lunch
4) Continue on 237 to La Grange
5) Hang out at River

Optional: Have any of you driven the bluff on Hwy 77 in La Grange? It's not real long, but it is fun and right by the river. Kinda have to circle around town to get to it and then come back to park or go through the bluff, u-turn, go back thru and then go park. This whole part is dependent on time and want to participate. I think it would be an enjoyable time and plenty to fill a Sunday GTG, but others may just want to eat and run. The bridge over the Colorado in La Grange is awesome. I am going to see if any good pics can be had.

Please feel free to express any opinions, as I am just making this up as I go, and there are TONS of other options on this route.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:51 PM

February 8th GTG

2. Bill (CTC)
3. John (CTC)
4. Willie (CTC)
5. Paul (CTC)
6. aftcg (Houston)
I see a number of CTC members logging in but have not responding to this GTG. What's the matter guys not interested in GTGs anymore or don't want to socialize with us? It is also noted that a number of members have missed many GTGs/meetings in a row which I believe shows a lack of interest in the club.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:06 PM

My thoughts: Bill you and Willie are coming north on 35, Paul you're coming south on 35, I'm coming east on BFE, Jared is way over yonder with Houston.
If we join at San Marcos and take 21 to 290 to Carmine to Round Top are we going in a circle?
If we take 21 to 71 and to La Grange then do our thing is that conflicting?
I'll be driving the furthest alone, so I'd like to join up somewhere so we can
caravan at least 3 or 4 cars. What say you guys?? Let me know so I can set my autopilot

John P

Old 01-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Forum Regular

Well, if we just want to do our thing in La Grange that's cool. I was just trying to make it so I would get to cruise a group as well. Otherwise it's a lonely hour cruise to La Grange and then in reverse.

Yes, it is a circle that way we can get the best coverage. Just made the most sense to me to. So you guys want to go straight to La Grange on 71 and eat there?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by 007_MI6
Well, if we just want to do our thing in La Grange that's cool. I was just trying to make it so I would get to cruise a group as well. Otherwise it's a lonely hour cruise to La Grange and then in reverse.

Yes, it is a circle that way we can get the best coverage. Just made the most sense to me to. So you guys want to go straight to La Grange on 71 and eat there?
Please, not intent to disrupt plans, only wondering about getting to Carmine. What time is the meet up in carmine? Klumps fine by me

Old 01-28-2009, 06:08 AM

CTC , I thought we might meet up in San Marcos or Kyle and take 21 to 290 and then 290 to Carmine where we would follow 007's lead. What do yall think?

Old 01-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Forum Regular

Please, not intent to disrupt plans, only wondering about getting to Carmine. What time is the meet up in carmine? Klumps fine by me
Hey, can't really disrupt brainstorming plans now can you? These are the ideas I need, you guys run your routes a little different than my last car club. We tended to meet in one place, cruise to a place to eat, then cruise back around to the starting location taking the scenic route.

If we want shorter I can trim it up a bit. San Marcos to Carmine should take about 1.5 hours, maybe less, Carmine to Round Top is about 10 minutes, Round Top to La Grange is about 25 minutes, then however long back home up 71. But this idea is still totally up to participant modification.

CTC , I thought we might meet up in San Marcos or Kyle and take 21 to 290 and then 290 to Carmine where we would follow 007's lead. What do yall think?
That is what was in my head. But honestly, there may be a better way. That is simply what I came up with trying to get on nice roads and try to get us in a group so no one has to travel solo.

Any ideas or improvements please post.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:40 AM

Paul pick a place and time to me and I'll be there. Jared, I hope your Houston troops can give you some support. Does Miles still have his car? Anybody hear anything from Stogey lately?

John P

Old 01-28-2009, 08:50 AM

Paul pick a place and time to me and I'll be there. Jared, I hope your Houston troops can give you some support. Does Miles still have his car? Anybody hear anything from Stogey lately?

John P
John, is it easier for you to come into San Marcos or Kyle? Let me know and I will get with Bill and get it set up.

As for Stogey I have not seen him on here for a few days and I don't know if he is interested in this GTG or not. Has he moved over to the CICCI site and not seen the GTG post?

I saw Kevin reading the post last night but he did not post anything, has anyone heard from him?

Last edited by PAULW; 01-28-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:12 AM

[quote=Bill F]I see a number of CTC members logging in but have not responding to this GTG. What's the matter guys not interested in GTGs anymore or don't want to socialize with us? It is also noted that a number of members have missed many GTGs/meetings in a row which I believe shows a lack of interest in the club.[/quote]
I just wanted to bring this back to the top and I believe we CTC members should discuss at this GTG/meeting.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bill F
[quote=Bill F]
I see a number of CTC members logging in but have not responding to this GTG. What's the matter guys not interested in GTGs anymore or don't want to socialize with us? It is also noted that a number of members have missed many GTGs/meetings in a row which I believe shows a lack of interest in the club. I just wanted to bring this back to the top and I believe we CTC members should discuss at this GTG/meeting.
Bill, we can do that, maybe we can figure out why some have not been coming to the GTG's or posting on the CTC threads. I hope I have not excluded or upset anyone.

Here is the current list for Feb..

February 8th GTG

2. Bill (CTC)
3. John (CTC)
4. Willie (CTC)
5. Paul (CTC)
6. aftcg (Houston)

Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Forum Regular

Aftcg, wanna meet up in Brenham and head to Carmine from there?

Also, what time do we want to be meeting in Carmine? 11 or 12, something like that?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by 007_MI6
Also, what time do we want to be meeting in Carmine? 11 or 12, something like that?
I vote we meet up in Carmine at 11:00, how about yall?

Old 01-28-2009, 01:47 PM

That is after some of us meet in Kyle, right?

Quick Reply: CTC February GTG