Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

11th Annual Fall 2017 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - Oct 5,6,7,8

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 06:00 PM
Received 604 Likes on 401 Posts
Default Re: 11th Annual Fall 2017 -Tail of the Dragon GTG - Oct 5,6,7,8

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Okay.. I'll address the elephant in the room..

If you want to be a part of some great pics.. Go with Andy..

True Dat!!!!

And Crystal, if you are an introvert, not to worry. Half the loudmouth boasters here, (including some route leaders) came as introverts. You will find comfort and friends here. If you want an example of what I mean,,ask PIZZA GUY.

Keep in mind, we are all in on a little secret. Most people have not a clue just what a Crossfire is. That makes us all kin...; well sorta.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
True Dat!!!!

And Crystal, if you are an introvert, not to worry. Half the loudmouth boasters here, (including some route leaders) came as introverts. You will find comfort and friends here. If you want an example of what I mean,,ask PIZZA GUY.

Keep in mind, we are all in on a little secret. Most people have not a clue just what a Crossfire is. That makes us all kin...; well sorta.
Ya it took for ever for Franc to open up but after 3 bottles of drink he was fine lol

Old 09-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Administrator
Received 960 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I had NO idea what car I had as I drove up to Fontana that first time. People were doing things with their cars that seemed to me to defy what a car could do.

HOW could Franc run down Hellbender hill that fast?
WHAT is keeping those cars on the road in curves on the Skyway at over 80mph?
HOW can someone make it from the parking lot at the far end of the Dragon to the Gap in 15 minutes (average speed on the Dragon of 44mph)

After four Dragons and spending time with (mostly) Nick and Kim, I knew some of the answers.
My first step was to go buy thte right shoes......

Last edited by pizzaguy; 09-28-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crystal
Well, what I really meant was that, this being my first Dragon, there are a only a handful of people I am comfortable with. I know this is DIFFICULT to believe (you will see when you meet me), but I am an introvert (Marc will attest to this). If I am comfortable around people, you will see me more talkative, but mostly I watch and listen, observe, even if I am comfortable around you. I am only really talkative around those whom I have known for a very long time. I know myself and if I am in a group with people that for the most part I do not know, I WILL be uncomfortable. If I can be in a group with one of the very small handful of people I am already comfortable with, then I might be okay. I don't mind meeting new people, but being at a party where you don't know anyone is kind of awkward, especially for me. When I am in that kind of situation, I find that the cliques get together and I largely get ignored. Again, this is my personal experience over my entire lifetime.

I know, "everyone is SO nice." I was teased heavily growing up, and I still have social phobia from that. So if I can be in a group with a few people who I feel very comfortable around, I will enjoy my time a lot better.
Fishing for compliments, huhhh?😂😂😂😂😂

Old 09-28-2017, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Osofast2
Ya it took for ever for Franc to open up but after 3 bottles of drink he was fine lol
A good thing too,,; Because that's all I brought with me that first Dragon. Now, I come more prepared.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A correction to a 9/26 post. It was Ala_xfire that is loaning us a radio. If he still will after that faux pas!

Old 09-29-2017, 08:31 AM

OK Pizzaguy. We need to know about "the right shoes". Now that you brought it up, I can see where that would make a difference. Not too late for a trip to the shoe store. I'm sure we'll need all the help we can get.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:56 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by donsxfire
A correction to a 9/26 post. It was Ala_xfire that is loaning us a radio. If he still will after that faux pas!
Understandable, we are both extremely handsome dudes that both drive red roadsters, easy mistake to make
Yes, I'll have a radio for you.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Administrator

OK Pizzaguy. We need to know about "the right shoes". Now that you brought it up, I can see where that would make a difference. Not too late for a trip to the shoe store. I'm sure we'll need all the help we can get.
Most already wear the right shoes - I showed up in steel-toed workshoes that weighed, probably, 5-8 pounds each.

I went to Walmart and got something like this, for $9. If it weighs more than a pound, it is too heavy:

Or just drive in socks only, that's what some of the drivers do.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:56 AM

Thanks guys!

Old 09-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kleito
Fishing for compliments, huhhh?😂😂😂😂😂
Charlie, not at all. Just hoping to feel welcome and not "left out" because of existing cliques and long-time friendships. My main concern: There is a (small) list of people I definitely want to see and spend time with, I guess my concern is that might not happen due to logistics, who goes on what routes, etc (WHICH is completely understandable). Think: The new kid at school, that is pretty much how I feel.

So, it is more about who I definitely want to spend time with at this Dragon and worry that I might not see some of them at all (yes I understand this happens all the time). And of course I want to meet new people... But, I honesty can not handle being in a large group of people that I do not know that well. I would need some people around me that I feel comfortable around. That would help a lot to make me feel more at ease.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:09 PM

Oh, he literally meant shoes?! I assumed he was talking about tires. LOL, so there really is a "what not to wear" as far as shoes go or are you all joking? (I am probably showing my naivety here.... More to pick on me for! LOL).

Old 09-29-2017, 01:58 PM

Oh, he literally meant shoes?! I assumed he was talking about tires. LOL, so there really is a "what not to wear" as far as shoes go or are you all joking? (I am probably showing my naivety here.... More to pick on me for! LOL).

Tires are Shoes in the world of Crossies.

All that means is your head is in the right place.

As for PIZZA GUY,,,? We are not sure

Old 09-29-2017, 02:31 PM

Okay, I decided to stop beating around the bush and clarify what I REALLY meant here. I did not want to put this out publicly, but I feel I need to nip the bud on the "rumor mill." What I really wanted to say here was that I would like to be in Michael's group, but I am not sure what skill level that would be. THAT is what I meant to say. This should not be news to Michael, but I thought everyone should know that my original post was not about avoiding anyone in particular.

There, I said it! Carry on....

Any idea yet who is leading what routes? I have looked over the Attendee Package and I do have an idea of some routes I might want to do, however what might be more important to me is WHO is in my group.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, I decided to stop beating around the bush and clarify what I REALLY meant here. I did not want to put this out publicly, but I feel I need to nip the bud on the "rumor mill." What I really wanted to say here was that I would like to be in Michael's group, but I am not sure what skill level that would be. THAT is what I meant to say. This should not be news to Michael, but I thought everyone should know that my original post was not about avoiding anyone in particular.

Your going to like Michaels group and the day he has planed , and he has fun level that goes with his rides , Sat. mornings after the Fri night party can be a little quiet until people get there heads back on there body but after they do watch out there ready to roll ! ( FUN )IS THE KEY WORD HERE !

Old 09-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Administrator

So, it is more about who I definitely want to spend time with at this Dragon and worry that I might not see some of them at all...
I've never been able to spend the time with everyone I want to in the short time we have. Don't know how many times I say, "See you at the DRagon" and I DO see them, never talk to them, it's always "Hey, how ya doin'? I'll go do this and come right back and talk."

Next thing I know, it's a month later and I realize I never actually talked to my friend at the Dragon.....

Old 09-29-2017, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I've never been able to spend the time with everyone I want to in the short time we have. Don't know how many times I say, "See you at the DRagon" and I DO see them, never talk to them, it's always "Hey, how ya doin'? I'll go do this and come right back and talk."

Next thing I know, it's a month later and I realize I never actually talked to my friend at the Dragon.....
WITH 80 OR SO CARS, IT WILL BE EVEN HARDER TO SPEND TIME WITH EVERYONE.

That's why the Friday mixer in Franklin is so useful. Adds another day with a smaller crowd.

That said, it is now over 40 cars and more than 60 people.

See ya there!

Old 09-29-2017, 05:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

How're we doing on the main event attendance? I've lost track with the new cancellations and additions.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shamrock
How're we doing on the main event attendance? I've lost track with the new cancellations and additions.
See post 2. Last I looked (two days ago and three of us maintain the thread) 80 cars and 135 or so people.
Even with all the commotion, we really DO keep the list up in post 2 !

Last edited by pizzaguy; 09-29-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, you do realize there are 79 other cars at the dragon that weekend and the event isn't all about you?

I have never been on Michael's runs, but I have only heard amazing things about them.

As far as being alone in a crowded room, that's on you. Sometime you have to make the effort, otherwise you appear to be the one thats stuck up and doesn't want to socialize. The dragon is an incredible event with some of the best people in the world attending. If you don't walk away making a few friends then, You did something wrong"

Last edited by pizzaguy; 09-29-2017 at 11:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 11th Annual Fall 2017 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - Oct 5,6,7,8