Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!

There are many 3" cold air intakes for sale, but i feel a few important differences make mine one of the better choices. It is a true 3" CAI with durable 4 ply couplers on the t/b and the filter side. These are overkill...much more durable than the cheap rubber ones. All the clamps except for the one at the t/b are t-bolt clamps so they provide excellent torque without tearing into the couplers. All welds are TIG welded by BDJ's Racing. If you look closely in the pics you will notice coilpack clearance is great, and i added an extra 2" to the tube that meets the coupler at the radiator support. This allows for adjustability and perfect fitment with the supercooler, since the added width pushes the air filter forward into the grille. A nipple for PCV is on the underside of the intake, just out of sight. The intake is finished off with a 3" K&N filter that is larger larger than most. K&N sells their filter with a casted rim on the inside of the filter that reduces the size, i have trimed this off completely for more air flow. Keep in mind you might need to trim your grille and remove your horn depending on what heat exchanger you have. I have installed other 3" CAI's and found that none of them fit to my liking, this intake is a result of some of the changes i made to my design. With the 185 pulley it made near 30whp over stock. Price is $225 shipped. Paypal preferred. Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails 3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!-001.jpg   3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!-002.jpg   3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!-003.jpg   3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!-005.jpg   3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!-007.jpg  

3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!-008.jpg   3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!-009.jpg   3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!-010.jpg   3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!-011.jpg  

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 06-22-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Default Re: 3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
There are many 3" cold air intakes for sale, but i feel a few important differences make mine one of the better choices. It is a true 3" CAI with durable 4 ply couplers on the t/b and the filter side. These are overkill...much more durable than the cheap rubber ones. All the clamps except for the one at the t/b are t-bolt clamps so they provide excellent torque without tearing into the couplers. All welds are TIG welded by BDJ's Racing. If you look closely in the pics you will notice coilpack clearance is great, and i added an extra 2" to the tube that meets the coupler at the radiator support. This allows for adjustability and perfect fitment with the supercooler, since the added width pushes the air filter forward into the grille. A nipple for PCV is on the underside of the intake, just out of sight. The intake is finished off with a 3" K&N filter that is larger larger than most. K&N sells their filter with a casted rim on the inside of the filter that reduces the size, i have trimed this off completely for more air flow. Keep in mind you might need to trim your grille and remove your horn depending on what heat exchanger you have. I have installed other 3" CAI's and found that none of them fit to my liking, this intake is a result of some of the changes i made to my design. With the 185 pulley it made near 30whp over stock. Price is $225 shipped. Paypal preferred. Thanks for looking.

You were too late I do like it better but already bought the other one. Thanks anyway,

Blake

Old 06-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!

too bad these still dont fit on C32s lol.

GL with the sale!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldn't a hard pipe at the TB be even better?

Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
Wouldn't a hard pipe at the TB be even better?
Mimi, its a tough call. I looked at doing a hard pipe at the t/b and decided i didnt like how the tight radius would have made it fit. You would have to use a straight coupler that is very short due to the fact that as soon as the pipe comes off the t/b it starts to bend. This makes the clamp want to slide off. I know its hard to visualize but this is what happened on some of the earlier y-pipes we used to build. I do have 4 of those 3" tight radius cast bends for sale ill make you a killer deal on if you want to experiment with them. The thing is they are so thick the inner diameter is only about 2.65". All of this basically left me liking the 90 degree coupler design the best.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 PM

ttt..............

Old 06-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Looking good!
Nice to see other options!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Mimi, its a tough call. I looked at doing a hard pipe at the t/b and decided i didnt like how the tight radius would have made it fit. You would have to use a straight coupler that is very short due to the fact that as soon as the pipe comes off the t/b it starts to bend. This makes the clamp want to slide off. I know its hard to visualize but this is what happened on some of the earlier y-pipes we used to build. I do have 4 of those 3" tight radius cast bends for sale ill make you a killer deal on if you want to experiment with them. The thing is they are so thick the inner diameter is only about 2.65". All of this basically left me liking the 90 degree coupler design the best.
Thanks for that info. It makes a lot more sense to me now and I just replaced my plastic Spectre piece with a 4-ply silicone in it's place.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:52 PM

I'd be interested if you had one for a non-SRT6.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:12 AM

What modifications would be required on a stock setup? Would I have to remove the engine cover as you did in the example?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by MikeBrink28
What modifications would be required on a stock setup? Would I have to remove the engine cover as you did in the example?
Never tried to fit it with the engine cover, thats usually the first thing most of us get rid of. I can try if thats the only thing keeping you from purchasing.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:44 PM

still got this?? I'm a new srt-6 guy so just a question. will it need a tune after this mod?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by rayner1300
still got this?? I'm a new srt-6 guy so just a question. will it need a tune after this mod?
I cant believe this hasnt sold. Most power for the cheapest price bar none. Now on ebay.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:19 PM

im still interested in this CAI, im just curious if this comes with all the tubes that connect to the intake? i remember on the srt 4 we needed a breather filter installed with the CAI and i see one in this pic does that come with it?

Old 08-02-2009, 05:27 PM

also hows the supercharger whine?

Old 08-02-2009, 08:20 PM

You can run the pcv hose or a breather filter. The intake tube has a bung for the hose welded on. I will include the hose with two clamps.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:02 AM

how quiet is the supercharger whine compared to the needswings? (im only asking because ive heard that CAI not trying to make a comparison as to which one is better)

Old 08-03-2009, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Voyager
how quiet is the supercharger whine compared to the needswings? (im only asking because ive heard that CAI not trying to make a comparison as to which one is better)
Just as loud or louder. My filter is larger than the one NW uses. You can really hear the SC whine!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 PM

you know if i wasn't looking for a dual setup i would have probably bought this...

i'm still debating it seeing as i refuse to pay $800 for a <$300 dual intake....

i just love the dual look even if the performance increase over a single is negligible...

i have an extremely busy august...so busy that buying this now is not a smart move for me (seeing as i will not even be in the country for half of august)

if it is still for sale come 9/1... i may be interested.

sooo basically what i'm trying to say is...bump...for now

Old 08-04-2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
you know if i wasn't looking for a dual setup i would have probably bought this...

i'm still debating it seeing as i refuse to pay $800 for a <$300 dual intake....

i just love the dual look even if the performance increase over a single is negligible...

i have an extremely busy august...so busy that buying this now is not a smart move for me (seeing as i will not even be in the country for half of august)

if it is still for sale come 9/1... i may be interested.

sooo basically what i'm trying to say is...bump...for now
You have 185 pulley and h/e but stock intake....damn, someone give this guy $225 so he can have 30 more hp lol.

Quick Reply: 3" srt-6 cold air intake, 30+whp, clears supercooler, adjustable k&n filter!!!