Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Custom Crossfire Sub Enclosure For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009 | 10:29 AM
|
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Default Custom Crossfire Sub Enclosure For Sale

****Enclosures are sold****

Well since my original post was deleted with the forum update I thought I would throw this up one more time. Over a year ago, I bought this fiberglass sub box and plexiglass amp rack from a fellow forum member. I had always admired his set up and when he sold his car, I was able to get the enclosure from him. He and I had different taste in audio equipment so I did not opt for his amp or subs.
Soon after receiving the box, I realized that the subs he was running were the only ones that would physically fit in the holes correctly. I have been into car audio for over ½ my life and forgotten more about it than most people know so I spent months looking high and low for a pair of QUALITY subs that would fit and closest I could come up with were a pair I already owned. I fabricated a new plexiglass amp rack and off I went with the install. Using the off size subs I have, there was a tiny air leak that was only magnified by the ton of power I was putting to them. Really this box should have been made to fit two 8” subs rather than the two 10” subs it was built for. By the time it makes all those complex curves of our wheel wells, the internal airspace is tiny and hard to get a 10” to sound right even if you can make it fit.

A couple months ago I yanked it all out and started over, I got rid of my giant, power hog Diamond Audio amps that our alternators could barely keep up with and opted for the new Alpine PDX class d amps that are a lot less current hungry. I fabricated a trim ring that would allow for an 8” sub to fit and had a pair of 8” subs laying around (New Old Stock JL AUDIO 8w6’s) and built a new amp rack for my new system. The new system sounds good, but I do not love it. The look is incredible, the sound is great but it lacks the ability to produce the powerful output I am used too. There is truly no substitute for displacement!!! So here I am today, with this yanked out and an new system in place. I started over with a JL AUDIO 13TW5 and I am pleased with the output…..FINALLY!!!

Long story short, I am going to sell the fiberglass enclosure now, as it should be. It has been permanently retrofitted to fit 8”subs….as it should have been from the start and I created a fresh amp rack that has not had holes drilled. It will also come with a custom false floor piece to finish the look. All you need is a pair of most off the shelf 8” subs, your amp and you are in business. Below are a few pics of it with the 8” subs installed with my amps. The box will not come with amps or subs but you get the idea.

This would cost you over $3,000 to have custom built and painted, but It is now officially just taking up space in my attic so the first $900 gets it. I will ship it anywhere in the lower 48 states for the $900 price.

****JL Audio subs and Alpine amps not included*****

Last edited by BLKFIN; 11-17-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Type O
Old 06-06-2009 | 04:09 PM
|
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Default Re: Custom Crossfire Sub Enclosure For Sale

Are there no audio buffs on this forum?

Old 06-06-2009 | 07:48 PM

i am but no money for it! good luck.. its a great looking setup.

Old 06-06-2009 | 07:53 PM

That price is a steel for a great setup! Someone should jump on it!

Old 06-06-2009 | 10:52 PM

I love the set up But im planning on putting 1 12in Fosgate T1 in mine. I got the sub, Just looking for the right box and amp now.

Old 06-07-2009 | 01:11 AM
Forum Regular

a 12" in a crossfire is overkill.
That setup is awesome, if I had a coupe I would pick it up in a heartbeat.

Old 06-13-2009 | 12:42 AM

This is so sick! Scott, if i were into sound like you i would buy this in a heartbeat. Any DFW takers for this fine piece of art?

Old 06-13-2009 | 09:02 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ACRucrazy
a 12" in a crossfire is overkill.
That setup is awesome, if I had a coupe I would pick it up in a heartbeat.
well what do my 2 12"s mean then, aside from no trunk space

Old 07-03-2009 | 03:48 AM

You still selling the setup? can you shoot me an email with contact information, I've been looking for a set up ever since i got my crossfire, I had a kick a$$ system in my mustang, unfortunately it wasn't able to fit in the tiny 'trunk' of the crossfire.

bsmit07l@gmail.com

Old 07-05-2009 | 07:11 AM
Forum Regular

You still have it????

Old 07-05-2009 | 02:54 PM
|
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by fiberboats
You still have it????
Still have it, at the moment it is wrapped up in my attic waiting for someone to put it to use or for me to buy a second crossfire to put it in.

Old 07-22-2009 | 02:34 PM
|
ADDICTED TO BOOST

BUMP!!!! No pun intended.....

Old 07-22-2009 | 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
BUMP!!!! No pun intended.....
Man I'd love to buy this right now, but I can't swing the $900 after dropping a bunch for performance last week...

Otherwise, I would buy it in a heart beat.

Old 07-28-2009 | 10:35 PM

I drool over this everyday.... I need to win the lottery, rob a bank or sell my other car to buy this.

Old 07-28-2009 | 10:43 PM
|
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
I drool over this everyday.... I need to win the lottery, rob a bank or sell my other car to buy this.
LOL...Thanks! I actually put it back in my car last week. There was a giant car gathering in Dallas on Saturday, so I thought this set up looked better for the show. The pictures do not do it justice! I am thinking about buying a set of the new kicker 8" solobaric subs just to see what they sound like in it. The JL's are old school and I am thinking the new kickers can take more power and produce more output. If that is the case...I will be keeping this set up!

Old 07-28-2009 | 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
LOL...Thanks! I actually put it back in my car last week. There was a giant car gathering in Dallas on Saturday, so I thought this set up looked better for the show. The pictures do not do it justice! I am thinking about buying a set of the new kicker 8" solobaric subs just to see what they sound like in it. The JL's are old school and I am thinking the new kickers can take more power and produce more output. If that is the case...I will be keeping this set up!
Nice... good luck! Im not a big bass person but I like a clean low note and the show quality of the piece is deserving in itself.

Old 07-28-2009 | 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
+1.

I have been trying to scheme my way into 900 dollars to pick this up from you... came close this past weekend at the craps tables in detroit.

at one point was up 700 and ended the weekend only up 300...

so if you don't decide to keep it I may be looking very shortly to pick this up from you...but more power to you.

if you do get the kickers and do/don't like them and still want to sell the setup maybe i will end up taking the subs and box together

Old 10-18-2009 | 12:23 PM
|
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Bumping this thread back from the dead....I have the new Kicker 8's that kill those JL AUDIOs in the pics. I will include these almost brand new $400 subs in the $900 price .

Old 10-18-2009 | 01:17 PM
|
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Adding new pictures of the set up uninstalled. Also created new price list if equipment is needed. All prices are shipped in the lower 48 states. See my gallery for a few more pictures. Notice that this set up is completely self contained and fits PERFECTLY in the hatch of our car. This unit attaches to ITSELF to fit snuggly and does not screw into the car. Once removed, it leaves no evidence of being installed....NO HOLES TO DRILL INTO YOUR CAR AND NO BOX SLIDING AROUND IN THE HATCH!!!

1.) Just Enclosures, false floor and plexigass amp rack. You can use the plexiglass amp rack as a mounting template for your amp. No audio equipment included. Subwoofers pictured not encluded!!!! $600

Last edited by BLKFIN; 11-17-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2009 | 08:46 PM

I love diamond audio stuff its so nice

Quick Reply: Custom Crossfire Sub Enclosure For Sale