Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Re: Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles

Originally Posted by MoparFreak69
Believe me I am working all angles I can to get the wife to allow me to 'redistribute' some funds to allow for this.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

I was hoping you were still working on this . . . COME ON . . . YOU COULD BE OUR #20 HERO!

Old 11-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I will be #20 - will just have to find my email from Red Dog and follow the instructions!

Old 11-19-2013, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Reliableron
Well I will be #20 - will just have to find my email from Red Dog and follow the instructions!

THANKS to ReliableRon for jumping in to be our #20 H E R O !

Everyone's $13.00 price break REFUND for the 3 pc grille set was processed today.
I even got a $7.00 price break REFUND for those who bought just the upper grille!

Last edited by RED DOG; 11-19-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for your work on this Bob....went well and we made the cut off. When you talk to Zunsport, I am in no hurry, they are put away for the winter, so prioritize as you see fit.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles

While not a huge refund, every little bit helps - and nice to get to the magical 20.

Sorry if this has been spelled out, but I assume the grill parts will be sent in 20 separate boxes to someone in the US who gets the pleasure of shipping them out? As I think about it, you can print out labels from PayPal - if you're more sophisticated with details like this than I am.

I don't believe anyone else has pointed out that there is a Zunsport label on the 'donors' grill. If that's a 'gotta', I sure hope it removes easily.

Of course tires have the maker's name on them and I will admit that the Talbot mirrors I sell are stamped with the name - and people are insistent it's on them. However, I sure wouldn't want to buy an aftermarket mirror for the XF that had the maker's name embedded in the glass.

Biba

Old 11-19-2013, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by BibaResto
While not a huge refund, every little bit helps - and nice to get to the magical 20.

Sorry if this has been spelled out, but I assume the grill parts will be sent in 20 separate boxes to someone in the US who gets the pleasure of shipping them out? As I think about it, you can print out labels from PayPal - if you're more sophisticated with details like this than I am.

I don't believe anyone else has pointed out that there is a Zunsport label on the 'donors' grill. If that's a 'gotta', I sure hope it removes easily.

Of course tires have the maker's name on them and I will admit that the Talbot mirrors I sell are stamped with the name - and people are insistent it's on them. However, I sure wouldn't want to buy an aftermarket mirror for the XF that had the maker's name embedded in the glass.

Biba

Shipments will come directly from Zunsport to each individual buyer. The Zunsport logo will NOT be attached to any of our grilles.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the great job you did on this.
i await my delivery.
stay safe

Old 11-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by deltacrossfirebob
thanks for the great job you did on this.
i await my delivery.
stay safe
X2. Bob, I noticed on the list that Mr. Holliday has an unfinished set ordered?? Unpolished?

Old 11-20-2013, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
X2. Bob, I noticed on the list that Mr. Holliday has an unfinished set ordered?? Unpolished?
I can't chrome everything. That is only for the Harley. LOL.... I have an idea...

Old 11-20-2013, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I can't chrome everything. That is only for the Harley. LOL.... I have an idea...
Gold Plating Bling? Kidding. Would love to hear your idea. Care to share?

Old 11-20-2013, 03:41 PM

No, nothing fancy. More than likely the black will probably stay that way as silver may be too much. I like the silver to match the surround on the windshield. So, 1st set will probably be silver. I will see how it looks on each car. If that doesn't do anything for me, then it may be back to black on black, and blue on blue...lol... I will experiment with the lower grilles as well. Maybe silver down below black or blue above... Just a few ideas. I put up the old grilles for sale as well. Too many grilles lying around...

Old 11-20-2013, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
No, nothing fancy. More than likely the black will probably stay that way as silver may be too much. I like the silver to match the surround on the windshield. So, 1st set will probably be silver. I will see how it looks on each car. If that doesn't do anything for me, then it may be back to black on black, and blue on blue...lol... I will experiment with the lower grilles as well. Maybe silver down below black or blue above... Just a few ideas. I put up the old grilles for sale as well. Too many grilles lying around...
Interesting. I'm not terribly sure I'll like the shiny polish either, and worried about it looking too bling. So... getting them sent unpolished is another option for everyone? I wish someone could photoshop this grill set in our silver color to look at(on an SSB, lol). I wouldn't even know how to begin doing the photoshop thing.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:08 AM

You have less than ONE WEEK REMAINING to join this group buy. This thread will be "locked" at the close of the business day on Friday, November 29th.

Current pricing for the three piece grille set is $252.72 delivered via FedEx to anywhere in CONUS
$256.00 -$13.00 price break = $243.00 + $9.72 (4% to cover the PayPal fees) = $252.72

Current pricing for the upper grille only is $194.48 delivered via FedEx to anywhere in CONUS
$194.00 - $7.00 price break = $187.00 + $7.48 (4% to cover the PayPal fees) = $194.48

Join in now or pay more later!

Last edited by RED DOG; 11-23-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:24 AM

RE: Shipping . . .

In response to a couple of requests . . .

Zunsport is working on the packaging needed to ship our grilles. They needed to design and get packaging that's different from what they normally use because of those protruding mounting brackets on our upper grilles. Shipping might begin as soon as next week (first week in December). I'll update here as I get additional information.

The group buy will be closed this Friday. Thanks to everyone who joined in. We currently have 22 orders paid and submitted to Zunsport!

Old 11-27-2013, 12:28 PM

That is good news since I have had a fire sale on grilles....OK...I couldn't resist...they may be all gone....soon... I have XF's with no teeth...

Old 12-03-2013, 08:14 AM

UPDATE on product shipping . . .

Hi Bob,

All orders will be shipped 18th December from UK so all customers should receive
package shortly thereafter. If this can be improved I will keep you informed.

Best Regards

Peter Langston
Zunsport

Old 12-03-2013, 08:48 AM

Cool deal. I will be able to set something up at the paint shop over Christmas....Good timing...

Old 12-08-2013, 09:32 PM

UPDATE: Zunsport sent me copies of their newly created installation instructions for our grilles. Thought I would share same with everyone . . .

Name:  scan0017_zpsaf1d754d.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  scan0019_zps357c5e81.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  70.6 KB

I think you'll agree that the grilles and attachment design are more sophisticated than what I expected. You may find some wording interpretation necessary to sort out the subtle differences between "the King's English" and "American English" but I think you'll get the idea . . .

Turns out that our grilles will be a bit more "tweeked" and "perfected" than the original "one off" they had made for Karl so he will be getting a new set too. I'm excited to get my mine!

Last edited by RED DOG; 12-08-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Why is there always a "gothcha". Is "remove existing grille" just that easy or are there a number of screws and clips, some potentially hidden, that must be removed first ? Could it be just the four screws on top ? YWTK.

Do you think they will be here this year ?

Old 12-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Padgett
Why is there always a "gothcha". Is "remove existing grille" just that easy or are there a number of screws and clips, some potentially hidden, that must be removed first ? Could it be just the four screws on top ? YWTK.

Do you think they will be here this year ?
Na, it's really that simple. Remove top 4 screws, pull top back enough to get hand to reach inside bottom and press down on back of each tab to unlock bottom 4 tabs. It's so easy a caveman can do it!

Quick Reply: Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles